WEEK 1: (6A) Tyler Lee (0-0) Vs. (5A) Marshall (0-0)

Mavchamp

Tyler Lee (6A) Vs. Marshall (5A)  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Lee in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Lee in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

I got the GAME DAY tab for Tyler Lee updated:

http://www.marshallmavericks.net/

---------

Interesting article about the Monroe QB transfer. Very sad story. I wish him the best in his new start at Marshall. Sounds like a great kid.

https://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/news/2017/aug/27/odarius-sellers-hopes-to-win-after-toughest-loss/

-------

Mathis talked about the Carthage scrimmage:

https://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/news/2017/aug/27/marshall-gearing-up-for-friday-night-lights/

I have never heard of the 3 hour rule for officials

If a kid gets hurt for 45 minutes on your JV and you can't proceed. They take that time into account too.?

What a deal. We have a staff that was put together 2 months ago and get in a half of a scrimmage before the opener.

Would have been nice to get in all the work but it is what it is now.

Marshall getting in 2 full scrimmages is huge to our bus trip to Sunnyvale and back home

There is not a three hour rule unless the chapter of officials says they will only work for three hours. The officials don't get paid for scrimmages, the chapter does. I believe the current fees are $125 for the first three hours and then $75 per hour after that. I worked a scrimmage that lasted 4 1/2 hours on Friday night....could have been longer but one team decided they were done. In Tyler we try to stay until the scrimmage ends. When you play freshman, JV, and Varsity it can be a long night for the officials, but we love what we do. Just glad the real games start this week.

There is not a three hour rule unless the chapter of officials says they will only work for three hours. The officials don't get paid for scrimmages, the chapter does. I believe the current fees are $125 for the first three hours and then $75 per hour after that. I worked a scrimmage that lasted 4 1/2 hours on Friday night....could have been longer but one team decided they were done. In Tyler we try to stay until the scrimmage ends. When you play freshman, JV, and Varsity it can be a long night for the officials, but we love what we do. Just glad the real games start this week.

Hey. Thanks for the info. That sounded a little strange. I think we got the hook on that deal but it won't happen again. Traylor was pretty upset about it.

Correction. Just talked to the field house.

And all of these games have been moved back to Thiursday. Sorry for the confusion. They posted it yesterday evening and changed it today.

My bad. I assume weather projections looked good enough now to resort back the Thursday.

Correction. Just talked to the field house.

And all of these games have been moved back to Thiursday. Sorry for the confusion. They posted it yesterday evening and changed it today.

My bad. I assume weather projections looked good enough now to resort back the Thursday.

Thanks for the update...you can ignore the PM I sent you a moment ago.

I really think the Marshall fans will be plesantly surprised with the Offense that is on display on Friday night.

I hope so. It's been pretty unspectacular against PG and Carthage.

We move the ball....then break down once we get close. Move between the 30's. Not much more.

I have a feeling defense will have to carry the team for a few weeks.

Lee and Longview aren't exactly the best choices to be working things out.

Going to try and make it to the JV game in Marshall Thursday. Depends on the weather and how my mom feels after her knee replacement surgery from that morning.

Hopefully someone (Lee fan) can keep me up to date on the 2 freshman games in Tyler.

Mav fans:

I added a LIVE widget to the Mav page so you can keep up with all of 16-5A scores as they progress.

A small widget is on the HOME page with the live scores only.

A Large widget with LIVE box scores (by quarter) is on the GAMEDAY page.

http://www.marshallmavericks.net/ (main page- small widget)

http://www.marshallmavericks.net/gameday-info (game day page- large box score widget)

As always... I'll be doing LIVE score updates (semi play by play) on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/marshallmavs?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

KMHT radio will be on 103.9 FM and also streaming live online. A link is on my webpage as well.

Thanks everyone for the input

I hope so. It's been pretty unspectacular against PG and Carthage.

We move the ball....then break down once we get close. Move between the 30's. Not much more.

I have a feeling defense will have to carry the team for a few weeks.

Lee and Longview aren't exactly the best choices to be working things out.

I really think that the coaching staff has been pulling tight on the reigns in the 2 scrimmages. I'm expecting the Mavs to unleash a barrage of haymakers on Friday night against Lee. There is a certain coach in Marshall land that has some serious disdain for Lee and I expect him to score as many as he possibly can against the pourous defense of Tyler Lee.

My guess would be it's the guy that's now with Marshall that uprooted his life to move to Tyler and be with the former coach at Lee only to be fired less than a year later.

I get that.

But to expect a total offensive turnaround based on what I've seen in the scrimmages seems to be a stretch.

I hope the prove me wrong! I want them too.

But they struggled in both games offensively. To worrisome levels. Lee's defense is huuuuuuuge.

Prove me wrong!

The Lee defense is the X factor of this team

Returning 7 from last year. Were they young, was it coaching ? Dunno. But there is a couple on that side of the ball that are really good. If they can put it together , there will be success. Because the offense will get theirs IMO

We can't play 63-62 ball games again this season