Lufkin at the LL World Series

Off topic, but our little league team just won again 6-3. 2-0 now. Fans were screaming LP too. Which is something we'll be doing when we win at lobo in a few weeks lol

Hope ur boys win it all! You're one of the few lufkin fans left with any spunk...I respect that

• Like 1

Television coverage

ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC will televise every game of the 2017 Little League World Series, with online streaming available through WatchESPN.

Schedule & results

All times ET

Thursday, Aug. 17

Game 1: Latin America 4, Mexico 1

Game 2: New England 7, Mid-Atlantic 6

Game 3: Canada 12, Europe-Africa 2 (4 innings)

Game 4: Southwest 5, Great Lakes 1

Friday, Aug. 18

Game 5: Japan 8, Australia 0

Game 6: West 9, Northwest 0

Game 7: Asia-Pacific 10, Caribbean 1

Game 8: Southeast 6, Midwest 0

Saturday, Aug. 19

Game 9: Mexico 13, Europe-Africa 0

Game 10: Mid-Atlantic 15, Great Lakes 5

Game 11: Caribbean 8, Australia 7

Game 12: Northwest 4, Midwest 3

Sunday, Aug. 20

Game 13: Canada 7, Latin America 3

Game 14: Southwest 6, New England 3

Game 15: Japan 4, Asia-Pacific 1

Game 16: Southeast 16, West 0

Monday, Aug. 21

Consolation Game A: Europe-Africa vs. Great Lakes 11 a.m. (ESPN, WatchESPN)

Game 17: Asia-Pacific vs. Mexico, 1 p.m. (ESPN, WatchESPN)

Game 18: West vs. Mid-Atlantic, 3 p.m. (ESPN, WatchESPN)

Game 19: Latin America loser vs. Caribbean, 6 p.m. (ESPN2, WatchESPN)

Game 20: New England vs. Northwest, 8 p.m. (ESPN2, WatchESPN)

Tuesday, Aug. 22

Consolation Game B: Australia vs. Midwest, 11 a.m. (ESPN, WatchESPN)

Game 21: Game 17 winner vs. Game 19 winner, 3 p.m. (ESPN, WatchESPN)

Game 22: Game 18 winner vs. Game 20 winner, 7:30 p.m. (ESPN, WatchESPN)

Wednesday, Aug. 23

Game 23: Canada vs. Japan, 3 p.m. (ESPN, WatchESPN)

Game 24: Southwest vs. West, 7:30 p.m. (ESPN, WatchESPN)

Thursday, Aug. 24

Game 25: Game 21 winner vs. Game 23 loser, 3 p.m. (ESPN, WatchESPN)

Game 26: Game 22 winner vs. Game 24 loser, 7:30 p.m. (ESPN, WatchESPN)

Saturday, Aug. 26

Game 27: International championship - Game 23 winner vs. Game 25 winner, 12:30 p.m. (ABC, WatchESPN)

Game 28: U.S. championship - Game 24 winner vs. Game 26 winner, 3:30 p.m. (ABC, WatchESPN)

Sunday, Aug. 27

Game 29: Consolation game - Game 27 loser vs. Game 28 loser, 10 a.m. (ESPN, WatchESPN)

Game 30: Little League World Series championship game - Game 27 winner vs. Game 28 winner, 3 p.m. (ABC, WatchESPN)

Not sure about how stout this North Carolina's team is......at least Lufkin is 2-0 so far. I just hafta think the Texas boys will be able to hit against that good pitching. On the other side of the coin, Texas will have it's best pitcher on the mound to start this one also. Lufkin has several "power pitchers" in its lineup too......and then a couple of other very capable ones if they need them. The winner of this

game will be in the American Championship game with no losses. It's only double elimination until the championship game in each division. Mid-Atlantic New Jersey team will now face Connecticut in an elimination game on Tues. Both of those teams can hit, but one will be eliminated. My guess is Mid-Atlantic New Jersey advances in losers bracket to play loser of Texas-North Carolina. Winner of that game wins losers bracket and advances to American Division Championship game. Looks like Lufkin has as good a chance to win it all as any of these teams......really a better shot except for North Carolina......they have an equal chance. I'll take the Lufkin team......I just have a feeling they are gonna show up when it counts.

If you were watching......they did beat a very very good San Antonio McAllister Park team in the regional finals in Waco to get to this point. I think either one of the Texas teams would be highly competitive in this year's LLWS. In my mind, that win against SA was a premier win by this team.

In the International Division, Canada looks strong this year. But don't hiccup on Mexico......they beat a very good S. Korea team tonite 1-0. Pitchers on both teams pitched a 1-hitter. Mexico does have one loss.......Canada is 2-0.......a serious advantage. Japan is also 2-0 after beating Australia and then S. Korea. It will be Canada vs Japan in the winners bracket, and Mexico vs. Venezuela in the losers bracket. Again, the loser of the winners bracket game will play the winner of the losers bracket game to determine the winner of the losers bracket that will face the winner of the winners bracket........got that??? Japan vs Canada should be very interesting......Mexico also strong in losers bracket, IMO. American Division has not won LLWS title since 2011. Looking good for the American Division this year.......I'ma hopin', haha.

When it gets to this part of the tournament, the ump behind the plate should require the pitchers to throw it over the plate to get a called strike, IMO. I understand why they do it in earlier games......that's how Little League is called to help the game move along without a bunch of walks.......and to induce the hitters to swing at anything close. But that is no longer a valid reason to hang on to that policy at this stage.

When it gets to this part of the tournament, the ump behind the plate should require the pitchers to throw it over the plate to get a called strike, IMO. I understand why they do it in earlier games......that's how Little League is called to help the game move along without a bunch of walks.......and to induce the hitters to swing at anything close. But that is no longer a valid reason to hang on to that policy at this stage.

I saw a couple of looks from the batters after a few of those shoulder level strikes ... the kids didn't say a word though ....

No such thing as a batter having a good eye here ... if it's not in the dirt or over your head you better be swinging ....

Ump is making some bad calls against Lufkin so far. Had a guy on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and he calls strike 3 on Lufkins batter with a pitch 6 inches outside!

I thought maybe I was just being bias, cause I was seeing the same thing.