The 15 Best TXHSFB Playoff Games I've Seen

MattStepp

None of you youngins would remember this but Harleton vs Italy in 1981 was a doosey. Harleton shut out Italys vaunted single wing with Bobby Shelby at the controls. W E Roten just shook his head. Fun game to watch. You expected Shelby to get loose any play. Ok now back to modern day.

One game I'd have on my list would be Carthage vs Brownwood 2010 3A State Semi-Finals. Carthage won 35-28 in the last seconds of the game. Where Carthage advanced and won their 3rd straight State Championship game.

That's a game I would have love to have seen.

I know it is not a playoff game but.....

Another one for my homer self.

2004 Mart Panthers came in undefeated looking for a district championship vs Teague. It rained all week long and our field was muddy as all get out.

It was a back and forth game and mart shut us down on 4th down and took over with just under 2 minutes left in the ball game. Up 2 instead of kneeling Mart's Coach tried to go over the top to finish us off with a TD Pass. Roddy Green pass came up short and we picked it off.

5 plays later we scored winning the ball game and district champs.

It was a heck of a game!

33-28

• Like 1

I've seen a ton of great playoff games that were very good /bordering on great. But the best one I've seen, that I had skin in was the Carlisle /Centerville regional last year, raining, miserable and plum uncomfortable but saw our defense play lights out against a very good run team. We shut them down most of the night and never let them get outside but they would slip a pass to their big tightend and sustain a drive, just when we had em backed in a corner. No reason we shouldn't have advanced to meet Refugio.. Except Centerville wouldn't let us.. Hahahaha, them cats jus wouldn't quit.. Hahahaha

I didn't think so but I am kinda biased. But they got tackled with 7 secs left inbounds with no time outs. Would have had to be a team of very fast men to get up off the pile get lined up and the ball snapped to clock it.

You might be right. But I am biased too and thought there was a second left which is all that mattered since Waskom was offsides so the ball didn't have to actually be spike in time. The most sickening part about the whole thing is how easily y'all handled Newton the next week. What a great run the kid had on your last touchdown, broke 8 tackles from some really good football players.

Franklin vs Newton 2008 was a great game 3rd round of the playoffs and it went into 3 overtimes newton had just scored a td and franklin qb fumbled the ball and newton got a scoop and score to put franklin away for good. Franklins kicker missed the game winner in the 2nd overtime just didnt have the leg

You might be right. But I am biased too and thought there was a second left which is all that mattered since Waskom was offsides so the ball didn't have to actually be spike in time. The most sickening part about the whole thing is how easily y'all handled Newton the next week. What a great run the kid had on your last touchdown, broke 8 tackles from some really good football players.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree then. But yes you are right that was the greatest run in the history of Waskom football. And y'all had a great team too. I think we could have played again the next Friday and y'all could have won and gen we could have played again and we would have won.