Argyle football

Sportsfanatic1

What are you talking about? The announcer said at the game Lovejoy was ranked number 8 in 5a. I'm only going off what he said. As for Argyle they may not have been able to score 100 on Lovejoy, but they could have scored 60 easily had they not took out the starters in the 2nd half and ran the ball the entire time. Not sure why your throwing out insults at me?

Don't think he is throwing insults at you. Maybe the announcer didn't do enough research and was mistaken. Argyle was/is #4 in the 4A AP poll and Lovejoy is/was unranked in 5A. Argyle will be battle tested by district with their state of predistrict contests. Only challenge for the Eagles is keeping the intensity up during district as they won't be tested.

I don't care who is unbeatable this time of the, what I do care and know for a fact. The Dawgs will be better in game 11 than they were in game 10, better in game 12 than game 11, better in game 13 than they were in 12, better in game 14 than 13, better in 15 than 14 and much better in 16 than they were in 15. In my 60 plus years watching high school football, I have never seen another team do that like the Dawgs. Teams are as good as they are going to get by game 9, but not the Dawgs. They have done it every year since 2007.

God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

What poll had them 8 in 5a?

That's what the announcer said at the game. Heck you know there like 50 polls anymore. It really doesn't matter anyways does it? Don't get your panties in a wad because there's another very good football team in the state.

Argyle has a top notch program and Todd Rogers does a excellent job as a football coach and as a AD. I have a friend up in the Denton area that told me this could be their best year yet in football.

I really loke how they do their program up their so I thought it was worth mentioning!

That's what the announcer said at the game. Heck you know there like 50 polls anymore. It really doesn't matter anyways does it? Don't get your panties in a wad because there's another very good football team in the state.

Argyle has a top notch program and Todd Rogers does a excellent job as a football coach and as a AD. I have a friend up in the Denton area that told me this could be their best year yet in football.

I really loke how they do their program up their so I thought it was worth mentioning!

No one from Carthage is discrediting the Argyle program. I have read nothing but respectful comments from our posters. Hoping we can meet up with them again deep in the playoffs this December. However, it is important to fact check from time to time when comments are made that appear to be unsubstantiated. You of all people should know this!

No one from Carthage is discrediting the Argyle program. I have read nothing but respectful comments from our posters. Hoping we can meet up with them again deep in the playoffs this December. However, it is important to fact check from time to time when comments are made that appear to be unsubstantiated. You of all people should know this!

Okay, I heard from a friend that was at the game. He said it was announced sometime during or before the game. No doubt it's a word of mouth deal just like 99% of the comments made on all these football threads.

As far as being #8 IDK where he (the announcer) got it but I guess he is as credible as some of these publications that put polls out. Hopefully this will clarify where I was coming from.

I found a little video of the game but not much.

http://www.hudl.com/team/v2/17243

What are you talking about? The announcer said at the game Lovejoy was ranked number 8 in 5a. I'm only going off what he said. As for Argyle they may not have been able to score 100 on Lovejoy, but they could have scored 60 easily had they not took out the starters in the 2nd half and ran the ball the entire time. Not sure why your throwing out insults at me?

Argyle pulled the starting RB and one receiver who pulled a hamstring in the second half. The majority of the starters played and there were some reserves sprinkled in during the second half. I heard Argyle announced as #1 in 4A, however I didn't hear Lovejoy announced as #8 (but I've read several places that multiple people heard that).

Panties in a wad...hahaha.

Question- what are Lovejoy's numbers?

And evidently the PA announcer got a little carried away Saturday night :lol:

Not ranked anywhere besides Maxpreps and projected 4th or 5th in District by FNF and DCTF. MaxPreps computer ranking had Lovejoy at #24 in 5A based of 11 returning starters. 15-5A district includes Highland Park, Mesquite Poteet, Wylie East and West Mesquite (all went two rounds deep or deeper last year).

• Like 1

Argyle has two big games coming up especially if you go by the AP poll

Celina and Abilene Wylie

The AW game should be a good one. I would imagine Argyle will be looking for some payback from last years playoff loss. Argyle has a tough non-district schedule, but they are in a pretty weak district. I would expect them to go 10-0. They rarely get beat in the regular season.

The AW game should be a good one. I would imagine Argyle will be looking for some payback from last years playoff loss. Argyle has a tough non-district schedule, but they are in a pretty weak district. I would expect them to go 10-0. They rarely get beat in the regular season.

I completely agree. I don't look for the Celina game to be much of a contest.

But, Celina is ranked above AW. smh