Lovelady Lions (1-1) at Joaquin Rams 1-1 Round 3

trueblue82

Who takes this one?   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Lions?

How different are these two teams than they were a year ago?

Joaquin lost our two starters at RB (from week 3 of last year, one of them tore his ACL in week 4) who both started at ILB as well. We also graduated a standout DE, and the best OL in our district. We lost several good kids, including a TE/ DE, SE/ DB, and a DL that is now playing for McMurry State. So we look quite different as well.

Joaquin lost our two starters at RB (from week 3 of last year, one of them tore his ACL in week 4) who both started at ILB as well. We also graduated a standout DE, and the best OL in our district. We lost several good kids, including a TE/ DE, SE/ DB, and a DL that is now playing for McMurry State. So we look quite different as well.

We're alot smaller than we have been the last few years.

I can't think of a faster team.

1942, we would have been really fast, until Pearl Harbor happened. Our best RB dropped out of school in January, thumbed a ride to Center, lied about his age and enlisted in the Marines. He fought in the Battle of Iwo Jima. He was there when they raised the flag. In 2000, Joaquin ISD presented honorary diplomas to 4 men that didn't finish high school because they enlisted to fight in WWII.
  • Like 2

1942, we would have been really fast, until Pearl Harbor happened. Our best RB dropped out of school in January, thumbed a ride to Center, lied about his age and enlisted in the Marines. He fought in the Battle of Iwo Jima. He was there when they raised the flag. In 2000, Joaquin ISD presented honorary diplomas to 4 men that didn't finish high school because they enlisted to fight in WWII.

I really want to believe this...

We've talked about restaurants let's get to the good stuff what boat do I need to go to and is there a lucky slot machine I need to sit at.

Lucky slots are as scarce as hens teeth (I've spent quite a bit researching this lol). Go to Sports betting and bet on the Rams. I'm pretty sure they'll beat the spread. They have so many fast kids, you can't corral them all.

We've talked about restaurants let's get to the good stuff what boat do I need to go to and is there a lucky slot machine I need to sit at.

You're another hour drive to the boats, and none of them have ever been lucky for me. When you see a 100' wall 30' tall papered with $100 bills, that should be a red flag that the odds are not in your favor.

You're another hour drive to the boats, and none of them have ever been lucky for me. When you see a 100' wall 30' tall papered with $100 bills, that should be a red flag that the odds are not in your favor.

Talk to the town tire man! He has all the luck!

How different are these two teams than they were a year ago?

Small Sr. class. Young team, inexperienced secondary. Didn't see the usual difference-maker players they normally have (no real studs). I also understand their starting QB was out the first two games and maybe for a bit longer. Not as fast as they usually are. Pretty well coached. The kind of team you can expect to get better as the season goes on. Still don't think they'll be able to hang with Groveton or Centerville this year. They will probably finish anywhere from 3-7 to 6-4, depending on how their youngsters progress.