Carlisle at Overton

FearTheSpear78

Coach seems like a good dude, don't know what is the matter, but the talent is there and it's young, but time will take care of the youth factor.. Keep taking it on the chin, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.. I'll give it to Overton, the kids kept playing rite through the mistakes and blown assignments, the heart is there in that team, just need to find it.. I say just give it time and let nature take it's course, weed out the weak both mentally and physically and play with what's left.. Take your tougher team and move on.. Yall are forgetting the most fundamental rule of football.. IT IS NOT FOR THE WEAK, AND ITS FOR MEN.. That's my two cents worth and I'm done.

I agree there's probably blame to go around.

Here's how I look at it. My Junior year I was a starting offensive lineman for a state semi finalist and graduated alot of our team in fact I was one of 3 returning starters on the offensive side of the ball. My senior year we got bumped up a classification and got put in a district with Arp West Rusk Frankston Winona and Union Grove. We started out the season at home vs Tenaha on the second play of the game our allstate safety broke his leg and right before halftime our allstate MLB/fullback tore his minuscus. Ok getting kind of rough right? Not even close were already starting a freshman at Linebacker and another at safety. Starting Qb who was only a sophomore himself does something to his meniscus and that same freshman starting at Linebacker has to play qb now too. Qb returns after a few games and the kid playing linebacker breaks his hand/wrist our stud running back went out with a huge hole in his toe. By the time the last game rolls around were basically fielding a glorified JV team. I remember being at practice one day and the thought popping into my head. If our qb (who is still walking tenderly because of his Meniscus) goes down not ily is the backup a freshman who has to start at Linebacker but he also has a cast on his hand... how in the hell is he going to take a snap. Never one time did I consider quitting or not playing my heart out. A guy who had played Corner for us had moved to outside linebacker decided he didn't want to make the trip to union grove for our final game and I'm still mad at him about it. If you walk out you deserve ever bit of the blame.
  • Like 1

Here's how I look at it. My Junior year I was a starting offensive lineman for a state semi finalist and graduated alot of our team in fact I was one of 3 returning starters on the offensive side of the ball. My senior year we got bumped up a classification and got put in a district with Arp West Rusk Frankston Winona and Union Grove. We started out the season at home vs Tenaha on the second play of the game our allstate safety broke his leg and right before halftime our allstate MLB/fullback tore his minuscus. Ok getting kind of rough right? Not even close were already starting a freshman at Linebacker and another at safety. Starting Qb who was only a sophomore himself does something to his meniscus and that same freshman starting at Linebacker has to play qb now too. Qb returns after a few games and the kid playing linebacker breaks his hand/wrist our stud running back went out with a huge hole in his toe. By the time the last game rolls around were basically fielding a glorified JV team. I remember being at practice one day and the thought popping into my head. If our qb (who is still walking tenderly because of his Meniscus) goes down not ily is the backup a freshman who has to start at Linebacker but he also has a cast on his hand... how in the hell is he going to take a snap. Never one time did I consider quitting or not playing my heart out. A guy who had played Corner for us had moved to outside linebacker decided he didn't want to make the trip to union grove for our final game and I'm still mad at him about it. If you walk out you deserve ever bit of the blame.

Excellent post. Read your PM please.