Gilmer vs Liberty Christian

RedRed

Liberty will be without their standout junior RB. Went for 163 against Melissa and close to 100 against Celina before getting hurt in the 4th.

The run game was their chance to slow down Gilmer (if that's even possible). The backup RB (at least the one that has played in first two games) is a freshman. He has MAYBE played 10 plays in those two games.

They could play some defensive players at RB like they have been at WR.

Big loss and apparently could be out for a while.

That loss and the injury issues on the OL really hurt the run game which means leaning on the QBs a little more; and that looks like a recipe for disaster at this point.

I definitely think it should be a better game, as Liberty Christian beat Celina 10-9 and clearly plays tough defense. Now that being said, the Mighty Buckeyes hopefully will bring more play-makers to the home field to make it a rude visit.

Buckeyes get to 30 points and take the win --- prayers going up!!!

Well here's some BS math. Melissa scored 14 on LC, which in Gilmer math, that means that Gilmer should be able to score 415 points on LC. Gilmer has played Melissa 3 years in a row, and scores an average score approximately 29.67 times greather than Melissa's score. So by the math, I'd say it should be around 415-9, give or take a couple of points.

Haha all jokes aside, this could be a really good game. I don't really see it being a low scoring game though, but I could be wrong.

Sounds like some of those original Madden games...blitzing and scoring like crazy 125+ points...maybe that's the way go :)

Hits keep coming.

Apparently 2 DL out for this week. One coming off a 3 sack game vs Celina.

That brings grand total to 3 OL, 2 DL, #1 WR, #1 RB by my count.

Liberty has a bye week after Gilmer and then start District play. Looking like it's gonna be a rough one to end non District play.

Would have loved to see Liberty take a shot at the Buckeyes at full strength. Don't think they would have won but it would have probably been more fun for both teams than what I anticipate Friday will look like now.

Hits keep coming.

Apparently 2 DL out for this week. One coming off a 3 sack game vs Celina.

That brings grand total to 3 OL, 2 DL, #1 WR, #1 RB by my count.

Liberty has a bye week after Gilmer and then start District play. Looking like it's gonna be a rough one to end non District play.

Would have loved to see Liberty take a shot at the Buckeyes at full strength. Don't think they would have won but it would have probably been more fun for both teams than what I anticipate Friday will look like now.

Sorry to hear about all the injuries y`all have. Both teams would benefit, win or loss, from both teams being at full strength. Hope y`all get healthy for the rest of the season and hope you have a safe trip to Gilmer and back.

Just curious, how many kids do y`all lose to Argyle ISD each year?

Sorry to hear about all the injuries y`all have. Both teams would benefit, win or loss, from both teams being at full strength. Hope y`all get healthy for the rest of the season and hope you have a safe trip to Gilmer and back.

Just curious, how many kids do y`all lose to Argyle ISD each year?

Typically not a ton of movement between Argyle and Liberty. Families decide between the two early on and seem to stick with it. This year noticeable because of the QB going to Argyle. The starting C followed him over there though Liberty got a 6'5" 260 sophomore OL from Argyle so think they're okay with that trade off.

One thing this team has proven is they will battle as best they can. Just a really thin team...but talented when healthy.

The one thing that is guaranteed...we will be celebrating Homecoming @ Jeff Traylor Stadium...1st Home Game for the season. we will attempt to make it fast, real fast. We are small but quick...will probably not run the ball much...we don't have anyone that can scoot with it...will throw the ball up & hope someone will catch it...with a good defensive line, you might hold us to mid-20's.

Good luck & a safe trip. It just might be a long trip home.

Oh...and we have been known to play dirty ball...sick the skunks on ya or turn the lights out are two of the favorites...& we run around on defense and try to confuse you....& we are real loud & say ugly things about your momma

I jus hope we can be presentable...Go BUX

We also put our band on visitors side and make the other team listen to our fight song over and over again. I know they love that. Waiting for something bad to happen there its just a matter of time.

Well here's hoping Liberty can give you a good game tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if they try and open up the offense a bit or lean on the freshman the way they leaned on the junior.

Officially out for Gilmer game at last check:

Starting RB

#1WR

Starting RT

Starting DT

Starting DT

Won't count the original starting C and RG since they've been out since after the first scrimmage.

Players to Watch if you're a Buckeye fan

#5 Kason Howell FS

Committed to Auburn as a CF and plays basically the same role for the football team. Also will line up at WR, RB and QB.

#12 Grant Sawyer SS/OLB

Committed to Tulsa as OLB but plays the other safety spot for Liberty. Big hitter and good open field tackler. Will also play some WR.

#37 Isreal Isuman DE

This will be the 3rd game of his young career. 6'6" 230 with 4.7 speed. Very raw but played very well against Celina. Offers from Baylor and Oklahoma State (without having ever played a down of football)

#24 (I think) Collin Gamble CB

Sophomore is the best cover guy the Warriors have and will also play some WR.

The LB unit has been a strength and has #6 that uses his speed to make a lot of plays. #51 is a stocky MLB and a very physical downhill player...Gilmer may be a bad matchup for his strengths as a player. #18 is the son of Sean Payton and has played really well early on.