Gilmer vs Liberty Christian

RedRed

60-7. Final. Running clock the entire 4th quarter.

Biggest improvement from last two weeks is Gilmer's pass rush. It covers some of their secondary issues.

Gilmer still makes a lot of mistakes, but hopefully they can begin to clean them up. They have a lot of offensive weapons, but that almost hinders them. They haven't settled on who their playmakers are. Some of their kids probably need more offensive touches, but that's a good problem to have.

We'll see next week. I don't know how they can beat Carthage, but that's why they play the game.

Didn't make the trip out east but heard it was a dominating win for the Buckeyes.

The report I got was that the Gilmer speed was a level above what the Warriors had out there. That and the QBs couldn't make the plays needed to slow down the Gilmer pass rush. Running game non existent and Liberty OL dominated up front.

This might be the last meeting for these two but Gilmer has showed Liberty two years in a row what a great team looks like.

Well here's hoping Liberty can give you a good game tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if they try and open up the offense a bit or lean on the freshman the way they leaned on the junior.

Officially out for Gilmer game at last check:

Starting RB

#1WR

Starting RT

Starting DT

Starting DT

Won't count the original starting C and RG since they've been out since after the first scrimmage.

Players to Watch if you're a Buckeye fan

#5 Kason Howell FS

Committed to Auburn as a CF and plays basically the same role for the football team. Also will line up at WR, RB and QB.

#12 Grant Sawyer SS/OLB

Committed to Tulsa as OLB but plays the other safety spot for Liberty. Big hitter and good open field tackler. Will also play some WR.

#37 Isreal Isuman DE

This will be the 3rd game of his young career. 6'6" 230 with 4.7 speed. Very raw but played very well against Celina. Offers from Baylor and Oklahoma State (without having ever played a down of football)

#24 (I think) Collin Gamble CB

Sophomore is the best cover guy the Warriors have and will also play some WR.

The LB unit has been a strength and has #6 that uses his speed to make a lot of plays. #51 is a stocky MLB and a very physical downhill player...Gilmer may be a bad matchup for his strengths as a player. #18 is the son of Sean Payton and has played really well early on.

Can you tell us more about #37 from Liberty. Is he a freshman that didn't play prior to this year? What's his story? A lot and I mean a lot of potential in that young man. Once he figures out how to play the game and puts on some weight, look out. You could tell he was green, but at times he dominated our right tackle.

Good luck the rest of the season. Hope all the players that y`all had out tonight get healthy and return.

If we play like this next week against Carthage, we'll get beat worse than we did last year.

Can you tell us more about #37 from Liberty. Is he a freshman that didn't play prior to this year? What's his story? A lot and I mean a lot of potential in that young man. Once he figures out how to play the game and puts on some weight, look out. You could tell he was green, but at times he dominated our right tackle.

Good luck the rest of the season. Hope all the players that y`all had out tonight get healthy and return.

If we play like this next week against Carthage, we'll get beat worse than we did last year.

#37 looked really good. But my first impressions are he was not a factor at all! I'm watching film in the morning maybe you are right but really didn't perform as well as his looks.

#13 played well. I thought though

#37 looked really good. But my first impressions are he was not a factor at all! I'm watching film in the morning maybe you are right but really didn't perform as well as his looks.

#13 played well. I thought though

You have to take into consideration that this was his 3rd football game he has ever played. Kid has tons of talent and potential.

At this point he doesn't know how to play. His best bet would be to transfer to Argyle or another big Dallas team. He has no business being at Liberty Christian, no disrespect to L.C.

You have to take into consideration that this was his 3rd football game he has ever played. Kid has tons of talent and potential.

At this point he doesn't know how to play. His best bet would be to transfer to Argyle or another big Dallas team. He has no business being at Liberty Christian, no disrespect to L.C.

I hear several companies in Carthage are hiring.........

This was really not a good game to see. I kind of anticipated that it may be a decent game, because of LC's athletes, but it was not.

You could tell where LC's skill players were, but other than that, it just wasn't there. Gilmer played very sloppy on offense. Could have easily thrown 6 picks, 3 that could have gone the distance.

That being said, Gilmer even playing as sloppy as they did still put up 60 on LC, despite their athletes on defense. I know LC has a couple of players out, but it wouldn't have made a difference. Gilmer is the same machine as usual, and them scoring and moving up the field was for the most part just pitch and catch. Very easy win for the Buckeyes.

I cannot believe that I don't have any Gilmer acquaintances that thought enough of me to let me know it's Gilmer's homecoming. What a nightmare.

We have suffered @ yours before...turn about

Quit whining & look on the brighter side...It could have been Sr. night.

I hear several companies in Carthage are hiring.........

Funny.

Although I would rather his parents get hired by one of Gilmer's businesses that are always hiring, Carthage would also be a fantastic place for this kid to learn how play.

In the second quarter he absolutely destroyed our tackle and, due to the fact that he didn't really know what he was doing, he thankfully didn't destroy Poppy.

He's one of those kids that you see in warm-ups and know he has something extra that most other players don't.

See you Saturday night in Gilmer. Get there early, parking is going to be a nightmare. If we play like we did last night y`all will put it on us hard.

We have suffered @ yours before...turn about

Quit whining & look on the brighter side...It could have been Sr. night.

I'm not whining. There's a difference between your team being their during homecoming, and showing up to watch a random game and it being homecoming. I didn't expect it.