Week 4 - Carthage @ Gilmer

PantherNation2015

Carthage vs Glimer  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

I still say that brownwood game was the best hs football game i ever witnessed in person. Literally came down to last play in the endzone where we miraculously defended a pass to the greatest hs receiver, shipley, i ever saw. All qb had to do was chunk it in the air and he would catch it. That was also the game dawgs rb hunter holland gashed em for 320 some odd yards. Great game!

Saw Jaxon run literally for 40yds for a 20+yd gain on Borger on a punt return at Shotwell and the crowd wents absolutely nuts on both sides.

Hmmm, anybody remember, the 2010, 2011 matchups between, the Buckeyes and Dawgs? We went to Carthage in 2010, with one of Gilmers young and less stellar teams, and got our buts handed to us, and when the Dawgs come calling to Buckeye stadium the next year, and everyone expecting the same results, and it didn't come out that way? On a bad note, we lost Luke Turner in that one for his Sr. season!

I can't believe they don't schedule this game for a larger venue. I know it would pay dividends.

This is a 4 year deal...2 years @ Lobo, last year @ Carthage & @ Buckeye Land this year...as I see it, 2 of the best ball programs in the State are giving fans an opportunity to enjoy true FNF. We want to smell "our" fresh mowed turf & the Big G in the middle. The Visitors are in for a somewhat unpleasant experience (I have voted before on Kilgore & Gilmer having the most deplorable " V" unsanitary Facilities in East Texas...parking is almost as bad as Jacksonville...the snack bar's best is Chick-fil-A.

It will be crowded & I will tell you for sure...when the band starts to play, the Stars file in, the Cheerleaders grab the pompoms...you will be part of a time in your life that you will remember until the end. Enjoy!

Thankfully we had our tickets secured last night in Carthage.

Now I'm just wondering what time we need to get there to get good seats. Open gates at 5.

Stinks the Carthage side will have both bands. Is it that way for every visiting team at Gilmer?

Yep...we will respect the Dawgs more than others...we have turned a posse of skunks on some...turned out the stadium lights...shut the valve on the discharge of the "V" sewer line...just an example

Hmmm, anybody remember, the 2010, 2011 matchups between, the Buckeyes and Dawgs? We went to Carthage in 2010, with one of Gilmers young and less stellar teams, and got our buts handed to us, and when the Dawgs come calling to Buckeye stadium the next year, and everyone expecting the same results, and it didn't come out that way? On a bad note, we lost Luke Turner in that one for his Sr. season!

That was a heck of a game in 2011. But you are remembering it wrong. Gilmer was undefeated and Carthage had already lost 2 games. Carthage went 9-4 that year. That was Bogie and all them boys sophomore year. Team full of sophomores. They went on to win region 3 in 2012, and won a title in 2013.

Update on tickets - if you are going to the game you need to try and get tickets today at the administration building which opens at 8.

I was informed that when tickets are sold out, they will not sell anymore. No tickets are the gate if they sell out today. Hopefully we have some to sell at the gate but not guaranteed.

That was a heck of a game in 2011. But you are remembering it wrong. Gilmer was undefeated and Carthage had already lost 2 games. Carthage went 9-4 that year. That was Bogie and all them boys sophomore year. Team full of sophomores. They went on to win region 3 in 2012, and won a title in 2013.

That is correct, gotta say Bogie was one of the best QBs to come out of Carthage, and it was a great game, again we lost Luke for the rest of the season, after that game, I think we went on to a 13-1 season with our back up QB Jordan Traylor, the coming to Argyle in the guarter finals, and I think they had beaten ya'll a week before, again my reference to this game is, its going to be alittle better game than everyone is giving it credit, the Bucks will be tough at home and will reach deep into the play book, you can bet on it,,,all from Gilmer are Carthage fans, when they are not playing the Bux, much respect, and I expect a great ball game Sat. night, like in the past this could be a close game, gonna boil down to who makes the least mistakes! I look at these 2 teams in boxing terms, as big punchers, and don't blink, because they could put the other ones lights out at anytime, or go 12 hard fought rounds, this one could boil down to who actually has the ball last!

• Like 1

Yea I agree. There were plenty of people at the games in 14' and 15' in Longview, but it wasn't like it was a sellout. Home and home is just fine in this series. I just hope it keeps going for years to come.

The GW Gilmer game in 2014 was absolutely a sell-out. EVERY seat was full and people were sitting on the hill at Lobo Stadium, now the fire marshall may not of stopped people from coming in but it was definitely considered a sell-out. There are some crazy pics of the amount of people at that game.... I'm sure i can find one somewhere.

The GW Gilmer game in 2014 was absolutely a sell-out. EVERY seat was full and people were sitting on the hill at Lobo Stadium, now the fire marshall may not of stopped people from coming in but it was definitely considered a sell-out. There are some crazy pics of the amount of people at that game.... I'm sure i can find one somewhere.

Yea for sure that was a sellout. I was there on the GW side. I was one of the dumb ones who walked out before Kris Boyd ran that draw for a TD. I thought GW had that game in the bag.

I was talking about the Carthage Gilmer games at Lobo that year.

You ever been to a game in Gilmer like this one? Nah me either.

2012 last game of the season. Kilgore @ Gilmer. Kilgore side filled up in minutes. Full capacity. I believe we were stopped at the 1 yard line on the last play and lost 20-14...

To the people asking when to get there to secure good seats on the vistior side, the answer is be in line before the gates open. Gw @ Gilmer last year was a 7:30 kickoff, I believe the gates opened at 6 and the GW side was full by 6:15. Carthage has a much bigger fan base than GW (though GW people do show up for gilmer game) so I'm sure it will fill up just as fast. Schools should look into temporary bleachers for games like this, seems like it would only increase revenue/atmosphere.

2012 last game of the season. Kilgore @ Gilmer. Kilgore side filled up in minutes. Full capacity. I believe we were stopped at the 1 yard line on the last play and lost 20-14...

That was a great game! I don't think it was near as anticipated as this one. But maybe it was and I my memory just fails me

Yea for sure that was a sellout. I was there on the GW side. I was one of the dumb ones who walked out before Kris Boyd ran that draw for a TD. I thought GW had that game in the bag.

I was talking about the Carthage Gilmer games at Lobo that year.

my bad, thought you were mentioning GW gilmer game....!

12,000+ (record attendance for Lobo) standing room only

Bi-Regional Play

33 seconds left with G'water leading (all ready tackeled Mack for loss & gives Bux the ball)...Buxs marc downfield & give the ball to Kris Boyd...23 yard TD with 9 sec on clock

Fine as wine

12,000+ (record attendance for Lobo) standing room only

Bi-Regional Play

33 seconds left with G'water leading (all ready tackeled Mack for loss & gives Bux the ball)...Buxs marc downfield & give the ball to Kris Boyd...23 yard TD with 9 sec on clock

Fine as wine

i ugh think we remember....