Week 4 - Carthage @ Gilmer

PantherNation2015

Carthage vs Glimer  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

... I said I was off of smoaky for a minute but I owe atleast 2 cents on this matchup..

I honestly don't think it would be close if this were played on a neutral site...

I Left the LE-Gilmer game believing that we let that one slip away and that we were the better team but if we'd played Gilmer 10 times we'd definitely win 5...

Carthage-LE not so much Carthage was a lot better defensively this game definitely took a lot out of our guys plus they matched up better with us Athletically.., and they still had a really good Offense.

That being said Gilmer wins at home plus their Tempo! LE went fast but Gilmer will go faster... final prediction Carthage wins a nail biter 35-34 Gilmer misses an extra point but no penalty to save them this time!

... I said I was off of smoaky for a minute but I owe atleast 2 cents on this matchup..

I honestly don't think it would be close if this were played on a neutral site...

I Left the LE-Gilmer game believing that we let that one slip away and that we were the better team but if we'd played Gilmer 10 times we'd definitely win 5...

Carthage-LE not so much Carthage was a lot better defensively this game definitely took a lot out of our guys plus they matched up better with us Athletically.., and they still had a really good Offense.

That being said Gilmer wins at home plus their Tempo! LE went fast but Gilmer will go faster... final prediction Carthage wins a nail biter 35-34 Gilmer misses an extra point but no penalty to save them this time!

Why did you have to remind of the terrible call on the missed PAT that gave Gilmer the game at the end lol

The only way I see Gilmer winning this game is if Carthage defense gets winded in the second half.. we stopped Gilmer's offense 7 times when we played them and still gave up 58 points lol. Everyone knows the tempo at which they operate. I'm still going with Carthage by 21

The only way I see Gilmer winning this game is if Carthage defense gets winded in the second half.. we stopped Gilmer's offense 7 times when we played them and still gave up 58 points lol. Everyone knows the tempo at which they operate. I'm still going with Carthage by 21

It is true that the Dawg D got winded in the 2nd half against LE. However they have three games behind them now and they are in much better shape with 4-5 additional players getting reps with 1st team D in 3rd & 4th quarters of each for more depth. Gilmer will score some points because they are a talented group. However I do believe the Carthage D will limit the yards on the ground and force Gilmer to try and win it in the air. That will result in crucial TO's that will get the Dawg D off the field.

• Like 1

There are still great coaches in Gilmer make no mistake, Gilmers defense always seems to get better as the year goes on, and everyone knows the offense really speaks for itself, just how much we've improved, we'll just have to see, games are about matchups, and to be ownest, we probably don't match up to Carthage this year, skill kid vs skill kid, but even with that said, Gilmer knows how to win tight ball games, just like Carthage, these teams if they played 10 times, under the current coaches at each school, it'll still be 5 and 5, the ownest money on this one, is definitely Carthage, and they definitely have the team to make it one sided, butttt, and whats making all the hype of this game, is Gilmer has the ability, to really make this a fun game to watch. So get your tickets, stand by the fence, take a hot air balloon ride over Gilmer, because something tells me you don't want to miss this one!

It was the correct call. lol dude looked like an olympic hurldler.

You are correct. I have the picture to prove it. It was an impressive jump though. Also have heard there was a lame excuse there was a cut. That is also false. kid steps, and has his head down, but has both feet on the ground.

So what changed Gilmer's stance on not selling anymore tickets until game day at 5:00?

Why sell them at 5pm on game day and create another distraction when you can sell them for the same price ($7) in advance. There would be two large lines at 5pm going that route. One to buy tickets and one to get in gate. Plus there would be many who did not get in because of the sellout. Those folks would not be happy. This way there will only be one large line to manage. If you have a ticket you get in. If you don't you do not get in. It #### for those not from Gilmer or Carthage but I think it was a smart move by the Gilmer administration. Sometimes it's best to acknowledge sooner than later that you cannot please everyone.

• Like 2

Things I expect to see in this game:

1. Running back with 150+ yards rushing, maybe two.

2. At least 1 QB will break 300 yards passing, maybe two

3. At least one two point conversion

4. A field goal

5. An onside kick (or two)

6. An interception

7. A fumble recovery

8. A short TD pass on a fade route in back corner of end zone with an acrobatic catch

9. A long TD pass of 70+ yards

10. A rushing TD behind the "Jumbo" package

11. A long rushing TD of 50+ yards

12. A QB with at least 40 passing attempts, maybe both

13. A defensive TD

14. Combined 5+ turnovers

15. Six combined false start penalties due to crowd noise

16. Three WR with 100+ yards receiving

17. At least three fourth down conversion attempts

18. Six combined punts.

19. What did I miss?

There will be more than 3 4th down conversion attempts. I'd put the number closer to 6. Both teams convert 4th downs regularly, both coaches can be gamblers, and if one team gets behind, they'll go for it more often.

I would add:

20. At least one blown call, bad call, or no call by the officiating crew.

21. At least 3 occasions when each fan base believes the refs blew a call and are screaming about poor officiating or home cooking.

22. At least one player getting a cramp while the fans think he's faking it to slow down the game.

Maybe those three are the cynic coming out in me, but I would add them to your list.

• Like 2

There will be more than 3 4th down conversion attempts. I'd put the number closer to 6. Both teams convert 4th downs regularly, both coaches can be gamblers, and if one team gets behind, they'll go for it more often.

I would add:

20. At least one blown call, bad call, or no call by the officiating crew.

21. At least 3 occasions when each fan base believes the refs blew a call and are screaming about poor officiating or home cooking.

22. At least one player getting a cramp while the fans think he's faking it to slow down the game.

Maybe those three are the cynic coming out in me, but I would add them to your list.

Excellent additions to the list! When you think about the past games between these two heavy weights, there are always things that happen in their games that don't normally happen in other games. Maybe we just need to select the "all of the above" option!