Week 4 - Carthage @ Gilmer

PantherNation2015

Carthage vs Glimer  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

^^^ Definitely looks like leveraging to me. No mention of the personal foul called against Gilmer that wasn't. No mention of the numerous holds in the backfield of L-E that weren't called (obvious jersey jerking holds). Let's just say that L-E / Gilmer game had some questionable officiating. I don't blame wins or losses on bad or non-calls because if a team did what it needed to do earlier they wouldn't be in a position for officiating to be a deciding factor. EVERY game has missed or bad calls. It's a part of the game.

By the way, our defense played horrible in that L-E game. It appears we've gotten better, but they will certainly be tested against Carthage. Our offense has also struggled at times, and I hope to see us eliminate some of those mistakes, too.

If we don't show some PRIDE, and play like we're capable of, Carthage will likely beat us soundly. If we play very well, I think it's anybody's game.

Excellent additions to the list! When you think about the past games between these two heavy weights, there are always things that happen in their games that don't normally happen in other games. Maybe we just need to select the "all of the above" option!

I know that coach traylor is gone, reckon they flag a coach for being on the field?

Wonder if this games gonna have a turnout like the gilmer gladewater game a few years back.. Great atmosphere for the kids and these will be the games they remember the most

It would probably come close IF there wasn't a limit to capacity. I don't think there would be quite as many as there were at that playoff game because it's a regular season game. The atmosphere in this one will definitely be what Friday nights (in this case Saturday night) are all about, though.

Two very good teams with lots of tradition going toe-to-toe on a big high school stage. It's gonna be LOUD and rowdy for sure!

• Like 1

It would probably come close IF there wasn't a limit to capacity. I don't think there would be quite as many as there were at that playoff game because it's a regular season game. The atmosphere in this one will definitely be what Friday nights (in this case Saturday night) are all about, though.

Two very good teams with lots of tradition going toe-to-toe on a big high school stage. It's gonna be LOUD and rowdy for sure!

Didnt think ab the cap limit.. what is it at traylor stadium? Probably gonna be one of if not the loudest game of this season. Am i wrong or did i hear that this one might be televised?

You would think that seeing as this game is on a Saturday night, and a marquis matchup, and is SOLD OUT, that somebody would offer to televise at least tape-delayed.

The really sad part is this game is between the #1 team in 4A Division 1 against the #1 team in 4A Division 2, and it didn't even make Game of the Week on any of the local television stations...

• Like 1

you are welcome to your opinion

last year the flag would have been the correct call... with this years rule change it was the wrong call and it has even been acknowledged lol

last year the flag would have been the correct call... with this years rule change it was the wrong call and it has even been acknowledged lol

regardless..doesn't matter now. I'm still rolling with carthage in this one.

Why sell them at 5pm on game day and create another distraction when you can sell them for the same price ($7) in advance. There would be two large lines at 5pm going that route. One to buy tickets and one to get in gate. Plus there would be many who did not get in because of the sellout. Those folks would not be happy. This way there will only be one large line to manage. If you have a ticket you get in. If you don't you do not get in. It #### for those not from Gilmer or Carthage but I think it was a smart move by the Gilmer administration. Sometimes it's best to acknowledge sooner than later that you cannot please everyone.

Well said!

Carthage Fans:

1. If you are coming to the game, come early, stop by La Finca, and TIP BIG! My daughter is now a poor college student waiting tables.

2. What time to arrive is not about where to sit, but where to park. If you don't get there early, you might end up walking a mile to the stadium.

3. Use the restroom before you enter the stadium. I wouldn't trust the visitor side plumbing with this size crowd.

4. If you have skunk repellent, bring it. Just in case one of the critters makes a bolt into the stands (it's happened before).

5. The Chevron on 271 and 154 gives a 10 cents a gallon discount if you pay cash.

6. If you decide to listen to the game on KYKX, be prepared. Harlan the Sports Guy and Pigskin Bob will butcher at least a dozen names.

7. There is a very good chance half time will last longer than the designated 28 minutes.

8. There is also a good chance this game ends very late. Lots of scoring, lots of out of bounds, lots of stopped clock. So be careful going home.

Other than that, see you at the game.

• Like 1