Week 4 - Carthage @ Gilmer

PantherNation2015

Carthage vs Glimer  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

The Carthage defense in the second half was unbelievable and they brang pressure, which they didn't in the first half.

Few adjustments defensively, a few playcall adjustments offensively and a team that had some fire applied to their rear ends at halftime makes for a long second half for Bulldog opponents.

That second half was one fun thing to watch. DAWGS

The tale of 2 halves, good game the first half for Gilmer fans, and Carthage fans, for the second half, when Gilmer learns to play 4 qtrs. they will be really good..lol..cant make mistakes against good football teams, and expect to win, games are about momentum, and when Gilmer failed to score, after the pick in the 3rd, the momentum pretty much changed, and the onside kick recovery, by Carthage, was really the total collapse of the Buckeyes, and all momentum in the Dawgs favor from that point, hats off to the dogs for doing what they needed to, in the second half....

• Like 1

I think this game was needed for both teams because it showed what both teams needed to work on. I was actually satisfied with how well the defense played because u take away a couple of big passes they shut Carthage down passing and held Ingram in Check better than I Thought. As far as Carthage their D is very physical but they had a problem with fast pace but overall if u cant really throw and keep them a little honest with the run you are in trouble but I look for the QB to get a Little more comfortable as the season goes on but best of luck to the DAWGS and hope both teams are in AT&T stadium

• Like 1

You know... there's alot to be said about making people who Bought tickets to this event having to stand outside in the Heat, rather than allowing them to go in & SIT; Thanks Upshur County folks! It made handing Gilmer their first loss at home since 2010 THAT MUCH. SWEETER!

What time did you get there? I had read the gates wouldn't open until 5:30. That is not unusual. When we have a 7:30 kickoff, they open at 6.

Coach Surratt gets 99% of the coaching praise. And he is a great one. But his offensive line coach, Chris Smith, should get a little credit. And Coach Preston and his defensive coaches are some of the best around.

When Gilmer would throw a delayed screen pass, it was impressive watching Carthage's 3 or 4 rushers. Most of the time, they would all "smell" screen at the same time and stop and head to the sideline - well ahead of when most players would. Some of that may be natural instinct but most of it is great coaching.

What time did you get there? I had read the gates wouldn't open until 5:30. That is not unusual. When we have a 7:30 kickoff, they open at 6.

Left Carthage at 2:00 because folks on Facebook were already saying a Line was forming on Visitor's side; got there about 3:00 & line was about 50-60 people long... there were elderly, as well as handicapped waiting in line in the heat... WITH Tickets, & that's my whole gripe; the game was sold out Days ago, but ticket holders were made to stand when they could have been sitting. Completely LUDICROUS, In alot of Carthage fans opinion....

Great game. Both teams found some things to work on. Much respect to Gilmer. Those boys came out firing. Carthage defense won't get credit cause they are not going to shut teams out, but shutting out Gilmer in the 2nd half and only allowing 47 yards? That's impressive. Both teams have a ways to go to reach the ultimate goal. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Great game Gilmer, your boys playing offense and defense ran out of gas in the 2nd half. Dawgs defense played lights out in the 2nd half, 35 straight points was amazing. Gilmer will wreak havoc in D2, tons of respect for this program that will be fine with a few minor adjustments. Go Dawgs, one game at a time!

Great Game Carthage and a great Team as well...Fukly don't understand the standing outside in Heat comment though you do it everywhere; if you show up early always have to wait to get in. We did in Carthage last year until they opened gates. Got there early stood in Line for almost 1 hour and a half. But anyways Congrats Bulldogs and Good Luck the rest of the way. Give em hell

Great Game Carthage and a great Team as well...Fukly don't understand the standing outside in Heat comment though you do it everywhere; if you show up early always have to wait to get in. We did in Carthage last year until they opened gates. Got there early stood in Line for almost 1 hour and a half. But anyways Congrats Bulldogs and Good Luck the rest of the way. Give em hell

I don't completely agree with the Fukly comment made, but you are absolutely correct in your comment about waiting in line to get in the gate. For the big games, we have all had to stand in lines for the games that draws big crowds.Good luck to Gilmer!

So what did everyone think of the new white helmets with the all white uni's? Some of you older Dawg fans will have to tell us the last time Carthage wore a white helmet in a varsity game? They looked sweet against the black on black of Gilmer!

I liked them alot. Contrasted well from

Buc's dark uniforms...

So what did everyone think of the new white helmets with the all white uni's? Some of you older Dawg fans will have to tell us the last time Carthage wore a white helmet in a varsity game? They looked sweet against the black on black of Gilmer!

Love the white on white!!

Great game both teams. K. Ingram is an outstanding athlete and it was awesome to witness his athleticism.

IMO Gilmer shot themselves in the foot the 2nd halve. Gilmer Coaches have got to understand that when the pass game is not working, it can't be forced. Gilmer does way to many rotations when they have the ball, once the momentum is up and the player is hot they pull them out of the game. I would encourage the coaches to let their player complete a series and stop trying to let all their players get on the field during a series. Do what works, it's simple, my elementary son saw that.

Gilmer coaches know who their best players are but they refuse to let them shine. So to them I say get out of your feelings, stop worrying about what parents will be mad if their kid doesn't play and stop bullying your own players.

Hopefully when Gilmer reviews film the difference between the 1st and 2nd half will be obvious, if not they can call me and I will point it out to them.

On to the next game, best wishes to both teams for a safe season of W's

Great game both teams. K. Ingram is an outstanding athlete and it was awesome to witness his athleticism.

IMO Gilmer shot themselves in the foot the 2nd halve. Gilmer Coaches have got to understand that when the pass game is not working, it can't be forced. Gilmer does way to many rotations when they have the ball, once the momentum is up and the player is hot they pull them out of the game. I would encourage the coaches to let their player complete a series and stop trying to let all their players get on the field during a series. Do what works, it's simple, my elementary son saw that.

Gilmer coaches know who their best players are but they refuse to let them shine. So to them I say get out of your feelings, stop worrying about what parents will be mad if their kid doesn't play and stop bullying your own players.

Hopefully when Gilmer reviews film the difference between the 1st and 2nd half will be obvious, if not they can call me and I will point it out to them.

On to the next game, best wishes to both teams for a safe season of W's

Listening to folks at the game it sounds more like Carthage made halftime adjustments and Gilmer kept doing what worked in the first half. Evidently no in game adjustments were made schematically and it cost Gilmer. The Carthage staff is one of the best at halftime adjustments. I've seen it too many times. It also sounds like Carthage came out fired up and ready to play the second half. Maybe Surrat got the dawg kindling and started a fire in the visitor locker room. That fire Marshall better go check for smoke damage