Week 4 - Carthage @ Gilmer

PantherNation2015

Carthage vs Glimer  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

Sloppy? They put a pounding on a good team...I'll take that sloppy every game.

If you have as many mis-ques throwing the ball like you did last night, agianst Carthage... You will be looking at a (-6) turnover ratio, and do you think you can beat Carthage turning the ball over 6 times? How many picks do you think LC dropped last night? I counted 5, 3 of which were scores if they caught them. I don't mean good plays on the ball, I mean right in the hands of the defender. So if you're ok with that kind of offensive play, I would be ready to start my new home streak after Friday night.

Yes Gilmer beat a good team, even being that careless with the ball, but that doesn't make it ok. They still had 3 turnovers against LC, and could have been a lot more. Gotta clean it up. I'm not knocking Gilmer, I'm simply saying what problems I saw while I was watching the game.

The difference in this game will be the Dawg D.

They are hitting machines and have put pressure on all three QB they have faced and they have shut down everybody's run game.

Going to be a great ball game, Dawgs by 7.

Let's Go Dawgs!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

C&C is right. Dawg D will be the difference. They are getting their legs under them with three Hanes INA do are getting stronger every week.

If Gilmer can't get pressure on the QB, they will lose.

Gilmer has a chance if they play turnover free and can get in the face of the QB. Gilmer can't stop Ingram (nobody can fully stop him), so they have to be able to shut down the passing game. If Carthage can run and throw, gonna be a long night for Gilmer.

Gilmer will also have to hope it's close entering 4th quarter. Gilmer wears teams down, even good defenses, because of their pace. If it's a one possession game entering 4th quarter, I like Gilmer's chances.

• Like 1

Not only is this a big time game on the varsity level it also a big game for the freshman teams both have a great deal of talent was a 14-8 game last yr in favor of Carthage but could of been very different gilmer turned it over 4 times inside the 20

Carthage has 5-6 sophomores getting major playing time. I think 8 total on the Varsity. How many sophomores does Gilmer have on the varsity? Gilmer must have a very talented sophomore class to keep up with Carthage last year.

Carthage has 5-6 sophomores getting major playing time. I think 8 total on the Varsity. How many sophomores does Gilmer have on the varsity? Gilmer must have a very talented sophomore class to keep up with Carthage last year.

I'm talking bout the kids that's freshman this yr and I think they have about 4 or 5

This is Austin Morgan's class, Carthage HOF QB Anthony Morgan's little brother. Pretty salty bunch. Beat Whitehouse 49-6 and the starting skill players did not play offense in 2nd half for Carthage.

Yes we battled last yr they scored twice the first quarter and didn't get close again it will be a battle gilmer freshman team beat center JV 40-0 and Marshall 46-22 with two tds scored against backups

If you have as many mis-ques throwing the ball like you did last night, agianst Carthage... You will be looking at a (-6) turnover ratio, and do you think you can beat Carthage turning the ball over 6 times? How many picks do you think LC dropped last night? I counted 5, 3 of which were scores if they caught them. I don't mean good plays on the ball, I mean right in the hands of the defender. So if you're ok with that kind of offensive play, I would be ready to start my new home streak after Friday night.

Yes Gilmer beat a good team, even being that careless with the ball, but that doesn't make it ok. They still had 3 turnovers against LC, and could have been a lot more. Gotta clean it up. I'm not knocking Gilmer, I'm simply saying what problems I saw while I was watching the game.

gilmer had 7 turnovers in last years carthage game