So to some, this topic is pretty laughable. I mean in the 35 years the program has been alive they have totaled 38 wins, a max of 3 per season best, which has been done four times I believe. Even attending the school I could never understand why the team never found success. Of course, players blamed the coaches, ex-coaches blamed the current coaches, I have even heard about the team being cursed. We have had some great players, the 2016 Class runningback, Jeremiah Robertson for example, but not a single playoff win...

In my own opinion, I think it has something to do with not giving the coaches enough time. I think the longest held coach was four years with Todd Hopkins and another when the program started, Jack Churchill.

So what are a few thoughts on the failure of the team, any past coaches experience with the team as far being on and facing?

• Like 1

So to some, this topic is pretty laughable. I mean in the 35 years the program has been alive they have totaled 38 wins, a max of 3 per season best, which has been done four times I believe. Even attending the school I could never understand why the team never found success. Of course, players blamed the coaches, ex-coaches blamed the current coaches, I have even heard about the team being cursed. We have had some great players, the 2016 Class runningback, Jeremiah Robertson for example, but not a single playoff win...

In my own opinion, I think it has something to do with not giving the coaches enough time. I think the longest held coach was four years with Todd Hopkins and another when the program started, Jack Churchill.

So what are a few thoughts on the failure of the team, any past coaches experience with the team as far being on and facing?

Honestly I don't know. I think Brian Could have turned it around if he was there for 2-3 more years. Do y'all have alot of kids transfer out to play football at other schools? I'm really curious about all of it.

Honestly I don't know. I think Brian Could have turned it around if he was there for 2-3 more years. Do y'all have alot of kids transfer out to play football at other schools? I'm really curious about all of it.

I agree, Gandy was a great leader and coach and him leaving was surprising. Not so much with the kids leaving, most kids play from little league and up their whole life.

Up to this point there have been 14 head coaches in School history. With 2 of them being there for 4 years. One went 6-34 the other went 4-36. It can't just be bad athletes every single year in my opinion. Maybe they don't use the best scheme for the kids they have. Idk but this topic has always intriuged me.

Hunington Administration does not want Hunington to win in anything. The Admin gets all excited about almost making the basketball playoffs in a 5 team district.

The place is the Mecca for how not to do things. People there would rather lose and be pathetic thier way then try to do things the right way.

Explain.

Up to this point there have been 14 head coaches in School history. With 2 of them being there for 4 years. One went 6-34 the other went 4-36. It can't just be bad athletes every single year in my opinion. Maybe they don't use the best scheme for the kids they have. Idk but this topic has always intriuged me.

They ran the Double wing 2014-2016 and a few times before, I think they bounced around the 4-3 and 3-4 a few times. The parents and students never understood the offense, always would shout things like, "Pass the ball". I think there is potential with the offense, may have never been understood currently by some.

They ran the Double wing 2014-2016 and a few times before, I think they bounced around the 4-3 and 3-4 a few times. The parents and students never understood the offense, always would shout things like, "Pass the ball". I think there is potential with the offense, may have never been understood currently by some.

In my opinion if you're out athleted on a regular basis The DW is the greatest offense in the world for you. Gotta be willing to put a helmet on someone though.
  • Like 1

In my opinion if you're out athleted on a regular basis The DW is the greatest offense in the world for you. Gotta be willing to put a helmet on someone though.

Completly agree, the year we ran the spread it was a massacre, pick 6 all day. The DW was the most effective and enjoyable.

No, after we got a touchdown in 3rd, right before we were kicking the extra point, about 5 or so of Huntingtons players were pushing another one of their own players to the sidelines, not sure what was going on

Oh, I have no idea. I know that has happened in the past, no telling what caused it.

No, after we got a touchdown in 3rd, right before we were kicking the extra point, about 5 or so of Huntingtons players were pushing another one of their own players to the sidelines, not sure what was going on

As far as the success (or lack of) of their program goes, it just doesn't appear to me that there is a whole lot of enthusiasm in the community for football. Maybe it's because they really want to be like Hudson, Central, and Central Heights, all 3A and 4A schools that don't play football. Many of the older folks in the community probably still talk about the days when they didn't play football. If they were squawking about not throwing the ball the last 3-4 years when they were running a system that actually worked, that's proof that they don't understand the game. I'm a firm believer in the idea that any good coaching staff can take any group of kids and work their system to fit the kids. I've seen coaches do this for years. I'm not knocking Coach Kerbow, but Huntington's kids do not look comfortable in the spread. It may be just a matter of them having to learn a whole new system with new formations and terminology. The timing on some plays just looks terrible. The jet sweep, for example: the WR needs to be running almost full speed when the QB hands him the ball. He doesn't have the timing down, and he's either having to slow down to get the ball, or the QB is holding it for half a count before the WR gets it. The whole time, the defense is catching up to it. But you're talking about kids who have never run anything but the double wing. It's not easy to switch. We're in our third year of Slot-T, and it's finally starting to look like it really should. You can't expect a coaching staff to just show up, wave a magic wand and transform your program. It takes time and patience.
  • Like 2