LETS HAVE SOME FUN WITH THE DISTRICT OF DOOM!

blesseddaily

Y'all were outplayed is why y'all lost in both games.

Come on Lion70. I went to bat for your Lions on the other thread and you post this! You can call last year whatever you want. BTW - how did the bye week work out in 2015 for the Lions? Same song as last year but roles were reveresed. Lions were 5-0 after big wins over Athens, Atlanta, Rusk, Newton and Dangerfield. Carthage came to town and hit your Lions right in the mouth with a 35-15 beating. I expect the same to happen this year.

Castles has always scheduled a pretty "easy" pre-district. I wonder why.

Just like dancing, it takes two...it's not always as easy as making a call to schedule a game...there's times, for many reasons, that finding top quality teams to play is very difficult...don't know if that is the case here but from past experiences I know it is harder than some think.

• Like 1

Just like dancing, it takes two...it's not always as easy as making a call to schedule a game...there's times, for many reasons, that finding top quality teams to play is very difficult...don't know if that is the case here but from past experiences I know it is harder than some think.

I understand that.

As of now...

Carthage - Looking real good

Kilgore - still looking for a complete game

Henderson - beat CH bad @ CH

Palestine - they impressed me by not giving up and making a game of it with Kilgore.

Chapel Hill - still could come around, but now they're playing catch up

Center -

Bullard -

As of now...

Carthage - Looking real good

Kilgore - still looking for a complete game

Henderson - beat CH bad @ CH

Palestine - they are fighters

Chapel Hill - still could come around, but now they're playing catch up

Center -

Bullard -

I wouldn't say Henderson beat CH bad. They definitely beat CH, but bad is not how I would describe it. I don't think most henderson fans would say that either.

• Like 1

Chapel Hill had their chances, but often failed to capialize on them. I wouldn't call it a blowout by any means.

I agree. I think the difference was Henderson taking advantage on a handful of plays and CH failing on a handful of plays. I hope the CH boys don't hang their heads too low and get focused on a new week and new opponent.

Carthage at Henderson - This week's headliner as both teams are undefeated, as they were when they met almost exactly a year ago. Henderson won that one, but Carthage won the more important game between the two the day after Thanksgiving. Most are picking the Bulldogs in this one. Prediction: CARTHAGE by 17

Chapel Hill @ Kilgore - A battle of Bulldogs. Kilgore is looking to keep its district record clean before journeying to Carthage for a big game next week, while Chapel Hill is in search of its first district win of the season. Both have talented QBs, but the Red & White Dogs seem to have the better team. Prediction: KILGORE by 14 (at least)

Palestine @ Center - The winner improves its chances at a playoff spot. The Roughriders are coming off a win and are playing at home. Palestine is coming off a bad week on and off the field, and it's a long trip to Shelby County. Prediction: PALESTINE, but I could be wrong on this one

Bullard is open. They need to rest, as they'll be underdogs in all five of their remaining games.

• Like 2

Henderson did what they have done the last few weeks. Jump out big in the first half then come out trying to run clock and just protect their lead. They lose momentum when they do that. Henderson was up 28-7 at half time. The score would have been worse if they would have come out and continued to keep their foot on the gas. But they didn't and they almost messed up.

Henderson did what they have done the last few weeks. Jump out big in the first half then come out trying to run clock and just protect their lead. They lose momentum when they do that. Henderson was up 28-7 at half time. The score would have been worse if they would have come out and continued to keep their foot on the gas. But they didn't and they almost messed up.

Chapel Hill's "D tried to rally late by forcing Hall to nealy cough up the ball, but it fell back into his hands... I thought they were going to change the momentum of the game, but it was brief.