Week 6: Atlanta Rabbits @ Tatum Eagles

H3llR4z0r

Rabbits VS. Eagles  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets back on track this week??

• Atlanta
    • Tatum

Yea I was telling DB to watch the 8th grade QB. That's the head coaches son.

8th grade didn't really throw at all. Didn't need to, the 2 RBs were impressive. We have 6'3 and 6'2 WRs on 8th grade team. They were a foot and a half taller than yalls corners lol. After a few passes they moved their taller safeties to corner and moved the corners to safety to try to get rid of the mismatches lol. Definitely a good call, helped a lot.

I asked somebody at the game what his name was. They told me his name was Hardy Dickerson.

Kid was impressive wasn't he? I must say, if he continues to get better every year, and continues to grow to reach 6'3 or so which looks entirely likely....then Atlanta should be looking at a potential D1 QB in 4 or 5 years.

Also Aggie89, did you see #25 on the 8th grade A team in street clothes? If you're old enough to remember Travian Smith and the freak he was on the high school grid iron.....that's his youngest son. 5'11, 180ish and has his dad's rare combination of speed and power. He tore a ligament in his knee in their first game against Henderson, done for the year....gotta hate that for a kid.

Well 3A will have its own DOD if y'all get put into same district. Throw a Jefferson in there and that'll be some of the best football in the state.

Jefferson is on the bubble of dropping to D2-3A. I think they're already one of the smallest D1 in east Texas and probably in the top 10 in the state.

Also Aggie89, did you see #25 on the 8th grade A team in street clothes? If you're old enough to remember Travian Smith and the freak he was on the high school grid iron.....that's his youngest son. 5'11, 180ish and has his dad's rare combination of speed and power. He tore a ligament in his knee in their first game against Henderson, done for the year....gotta hate that for a kid.

I did not see #25, but I do remember Smith.

Atlanta had some go daddys on the 8th team....particularly 5 and 31. Tatum had a real nice looking RB in 13 and a stud wide receiver in 6.

I did not see #25, but I do remember Smith.

Atlanta had some go daddys on the 8th team....particularly 5 and 31. Tatum had a real nice looking RB in 13 and a stud wide receiver in 6.

The RB is Perry, solid athlete. Smith was the starter but he's a heck of a replacement. I'm sure they'd split carries if Smith wasn't injured but Smith is bigger, faster, and runs harder which is gonna make for a great 1-2 punch in the future. 6 is the Boyd kid. He's 6'2 180ish already. I'd imagine he's gonna be heavily recruited at some point, he has great hands for his age. The other WR is 6'3 185, still needs to develop a bit more. He's a basketball stud. That class has a tremendous basketball team. 2 kids were dunking in 7th grade.

I asked somebody at the game what his name was. They told me his name was Hardy Dickerson.

Kameron Dickerson, his dad was Everett Dickerson great RB for atlanta in the early 90's ..his older brother played for atlanta from 09-12 his name was also Everett, he played at SMU for a year....

Kameron Dickerson, his dad was Everett Dickerson great RB for atlanta in the early 90's ..his older brother played for atlanta from 09-12 his name was also Everett, he played at SMU for a year....

I probably mis-remembered his first name.... I'm terrible with first names and I had Hardy Nickerson stuck in my head for some reason. I remember the dad and the brother.... the dad is about my age and I saw the brother play a couple of times. IIRC, Atlanta had two really good RB's at the time and the older brother was one of them.