Alto 1-5 (0-1) at Carlisle 6-0 (1-0)

upullinmychain

Alto at Price-Carlisle  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

If my calculations are correct you would have to go all the way back to 1982.

Jorr....incorrect.....was 1987...Jim Fitzhugh's LAST year there.....was there....LIVED IT....town NOT HAPPY.....Bobby McGallion took over in the spring and started the current win string.....from what I remember....and my memory is getting "foggy"....People have LONG memories when they lose....and SHORT memories when they are winning.....Life of a "coach".....Mayor one day......and "pooper scooper" the next......

Jorr....incorrect.....was 1987...Jim Fitzhugh's LAST year there.....was there....LIVED IT....town NOT HAPPY.....Bobby McGallion took over in the spring and started the current win string.....from what I remember....and my memory is getting "foggy"....People have LONG memories when they lose....and SHORT memories when they are winning.....Life of a "coach".....Mayor one day......and "pooper scooper" the next......

Darn...I tried.

That's okay my wife tells me I'm incorrect all the time. Hahaha

So, facing their first losing season in 30 years, Alto has back to back games against unbeaten teams. No pressure kids.

Darn...I tried.

That's okay my wife tells me I'm incorrect all the time. Hahaha

jorr....the 1982 team was 4-6 But that team was coached by Coach Mac......BUT I think he started a lot of Soph-Fresh....that in 1984 Went to the Quarters and got beat by Groveton....which they beat in Regular season.....BUT I think all of you are RIGHT bout Alto's Pre-season.....was a KILLER.....I know you have to play the best to be the best.....but there is a thin line sometimes.....Coach Gould is a good coach and his assistants are quality.....just may be a "down year".....(thought I would NEVER say that about an Alto team).....they use to just RELOAD.

Ima start talking to myself soon, people's gonna start looking at me stranger than they normally do.. I'm jus saying..

Boy I say boy them yellow jackets about to do to Rocky and his boys what Apollo did to Rocky Balboa back in the day!

Gotta be able for the fans to talk to the refs.. Hahahaha

Remember when Alto, Grapeland....and GROVETON had NO TRACK around their fields and yes...the fans would "talk" rather "sweetly" to the referees

PLUS Groveton had that "BRAG WALL" that was RIGHT in YOUR FACE in the West End Zone....guess was a reminder to those who were close to scoring that Groveton was GOOD....AND OR if Groveton was driving to score...that it reminded them that THEY wanted to make sure that THEIR name stood on the wall......when Groveton built the track around their field....and they had to "move" the wall....lost a LOT of the "mystic" value of playing in Groveton....I miss those "close in quarter fields"......Also remember at the "BIG" Centerville OLD field.....along the home side fence.....Ag built a table/ledge along side the fence.....could eat drink AND watch the game without dropping you food....even had cup holder holes in the ledge for your drink......BUT that was when they were BAD as in VERY BAD......and the downhill field at SA.....always wanted to start the game going down hill toward the scoreboard in North end zone.....even the cracker box field with the road poles and cable at Hemphill....THAT was a mess on the visitor's sidelines....needed ear plugs because the fans were so close over there!!!!!

I'm here, I've been working....it's nice to see outsiders looking in that know what's going on with the program...alto just didn't stop having talent, the coaches have to know how to use the talent properly and have them in the correct positions...if I'm correct Joaquin scored on the same play or got big runs with the 8th and JV and then again Friday...it shouldn't be a surprise what's coming and dang y'all tell me, 2 timeouts within 2 minutes coming out of halftime...but yes there are some players just ain't doing there job but again the coaches take the blame or fall because ultimately it's on them.....and well just like y'all said 1-5 doesn't sit well in Alto but we will see how they rally this wk...if alto can pull it out there's hope...if not it'll be a whole new regime next year and that's just football...they might let that go in Rusk but not down here

Also whoever made the schedule predistrict and district lost there minds, hard pre district then sets up district in a tough way, if these kids could win and get there confidence back it might be different but 4 losses in a row can do a lot mentally for kids and community that aren't used to losing