72 Year Old Whipped in Stands

Hagar

Yep, it happened to me. Even though I'm 72, for my age, I feel I can give a good account of myself in a fight, but I got humbled last Friday at Hull Daisetta. Sitting watching the game and a big gang of ugly mean critters jumped on me. I yelled 'uncle' but they didn't stop. Someone said they were mosquitos, but a more descriptive term would be flying raptors. One lady took four home (all she could carry), she said to make gumbo.

Btw, I look like I have chicken pox.

What a relief. I saw this thread title and I thought Kirt got worked over or something

• Like 1

Carth...Reb....we ALL have seen those BLOOD SUCKERS from Hades!!!!....big as a Crow.....#### blood till your DRY.....then BUZZZZZZZZZZZZ....sounds like a formation of B-17s taking off.....other bad part is they "hunt in packs"....and you can hear them coming from "A FAR"......and theres NOTHING you can do!!!!!!!....when I hear them coming....I usually "leave a pint offering" to leave me alone OR I tough it out like REB and look like I have the BUBONIC PLAGUE!!!

Once I was playing golf at Bayou Din in Bmt, which was cut out of an old rice field. Forth hole was a par 4 with a fence down the left side (out of bounds). I hit a rare (for me) big hook. Never one to leave a ball behind w/out searching, I went into this waist high brush. We were playing in the heat of midday & skeeters weren't bad. Soon after I heard this loud buzzing. Walked toward it and pulled the bushes back and wow, it was FULL of mosquitos. You literally couldn't see past them as they were a solid mass. Got my behind out of there - I had a few more balls, but I didn't have enough blood for that bunch.

When I was in Alaska there was a landfil with a bluff that a lot of people used to sight in their hunting rifles. I was getting ready for a spring bear hunt and went with some guys to check my rifle to see if it was still sighted in. I had a big can of industrial strength Cutters and used most of it sprayed over my entire body, especially any exposed skin ... sprayed 3 or 4 times. We got out there and started to set things up and I too heard a loud steady buzzing. It was the mosquitos laughing at us. Alaska has the largest mosquitoes I have ever seen in my life. They are about 3/4" long and the Cutters was like salad dressing for them. I shot my 375 HH one hurried shot and was about an inch low and to the right at 100 yards .... that was good enough for me!!! I made a bee line back to the truck. They also have huge black biting gnats that are almost as bad as the mosquitos ... Texas mosquitos are about like house flies compared to those blood suckers ...

When I was in Alaska there was a landfil with a bluff that a lot of people used to sight in their hunting rifles. I was getting ready for a spring bear hunt and went with some guys to check my rifle to see if it was still sighted in. I had a big can of industrial strength Cutters and used most of it sprayed over my entire body, especially any exposed skin ... sprayed 3 or 4 times. We got out there and started to set things up and I too heard a loud steady buzzing. It was the mosquitos laughing at us. Alaska has the largest mosquitoes I have ever seen in my life. They are about 3/4" long and the Cutters was like salad dressing for them. I shot my 375 HH one hurried shot and was about an inch low and to the right at 100 yards .... that was good enough for me!!! I made a bee line back to the truck. They also have huge black biting gnats that are almost as bad as the mosquitos ... Texas mosquitos are about like house flies compared to those blood suckers ...

Grizzly 'Skeeters.....