Week Nine: Longview at John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-1) vs John Tyler Lions (5-2)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

9 hours ago, daceo3cp said:

Just like last year lobos win vs Rockwall won't mean nothing for Longview    jt  doesnt make mistakes  early  they will be on at whoever  is at qb  as long as they don't force passes  but street is pretty much always open tho so he a good safety blanket

Does it matter y'all barely beat ennis who got beat by oak cliff who we dominated?

does it matter lufkin scored 44 on y'all we held them to 16?

does it matter Rockwall dismantled y'all we held them to 21?

does it matter y'all struggled  against a awful mesquite team and an average heath team?

I know it's a rivalry and anything can happen but i just don't get ur optimism 

35 minutes ago, Lobouno said:

Does it matter y'all barely beat ennis who got beat by oak cliff who we dominated?

does it matter lufkin scored 44 on y'all we held them to 16?

does it matter Rockwall dismantled y'all we held them to 21?

does it matter y'all struggled  against a awful mesquite team and an average heath team?

I know it's a rivalry and anything can happen but i just don't get ur optimism 

And if thing went differently y’all could have lose to Rockwall. You beating them has nothing to do with this game. A win is a win no matter how ugly it is. Right y’all said the same thing last season about mesquite and y’all still lost to JT. 

1 hour ago, cujoforlife said:

And if thing went differently y’all could have lose to Rockwall. You beating them has nothing to do with this game. A win is a win no matter how ugly it is. Right y’all said the same thing last season about mesquite and y’all still lost to JT. 

A win is a win but we beat lufkin and Rockwall....y'all lost.  I guess ur missing my point.  Going off one common opponent is shaky but there is a pattern there and JT is just missing something and it should show tonight against a Longview team who seems to be putting it together.  

18 minutes ago, Lobouno said:

A win is a win but we beat lufkin and Rockwall....y'all lost.  I guess ur missing my point.  Going off one common opponent is shaky but there is a pattern there and JT is just missing something and it should show tonight against a Longview team who seems to be putting it together.  

Never going to convince them that they're going to lose to us. They could've lost 75-0 to Lufkin and Rockwall and they'd still believe they're going to beat us.

John Tyler's most impressive win as a win over a team that has yet to win a game this season, and probably won't.

They struggled to beat Ennis, they lost to Lufkin and Rockwall, they struggled against Mesquite and they had to have a huge comeback against Rockwall Heath to win that one (a team that all week we heard from JT fans was overrated).

JT definitely could beat us. But it'll take Longview reverting to it's Mesquite Horn self, imo. If the Lobos win the turnover battle, they win this game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

TD runs of 63, 44 and 42 yards.

Special player. He'll be getting carries for us next year.

And the kid is still growing...  if he keeps running track and hitting the weightroom, he could be top D-I material. Really excited to see him develop. 

4 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Lmao y'all kill me man this hilarious. Y'all holding on to that rockwall game with all y'all life. But it didn't matter like I told y'all it wouldn't when we played heath and it ain't gone matter tonight, it's all about matchups don't matter who won and who lost to who. 

I'm not holding onto anything. Longview is the better team, imo, when it comes down to it. Does it mean we'll win tonight? Nope. But I think we have a damn good shot.

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Lions smell blood. Poor little Wolfie

IMG_6074.PNG

You know that is a hyena, not a wolf? But, I understand you don't know the difference in your animals, all that well. A lion that calls itself a dog (cujo) is a little confused. 😏😏

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 2

1 minute ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

You know that is a hyena, not a wolf? But, I understand you don't know the difference in your animals well. A lion that calls itself a dog (cujo) is a little confused. 😏😏

I was thinking the same thing. Like ###? Lol. That’s not a wolf. 

• LOL! 2

12 minutes ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

You know that is a hyena, not a wolf? But, I understand you don't know the difference in your animals well. A lion that calls itself a dog (cujo) is a little confused. 😏😏

Wanna be Lobos confirmed.

• LOL! 2

15 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I'm not holding onto anything. Longview is the better team, imo, when it comes down to it. Does it mean we'll win tonight? Nope. But I think we have a damn good shot.

Of course y'all have a shot, I'm denying that, that would be crazy not to think that. Any game with Longview in it they have a shot. 

45 minutes ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

You know that is a hyena, not a wolf? But, I understand you don't know the difference in your animals, all that well. A lion that calls itself a dog (cujo) is a little confused. 😏😏

Well I knew that actually but it was closest thing I could find at the moment. But that's pointing out the obvious, you want a cookie.