Week Nine: Longview at John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-1) vs John Tyler Lions (5-2)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Lol. I wonder how many will make the trip to Abe again... 

Really!!..   Man most of them have barely been hanging on to the band wagon coming into this game. They sure will be all off after Horn spank them next week. 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, daceo3cp said:

Longview didn't look that good to me jt  made alot errors  early this isn't the same lobo teams I've seen in past

I can say the same about JT. We have lost a lot on the online and have a sophomore qb. What do you expect?. Not to mention starting running back and yet you find comfort in putting down the Lobos?????? Really!

10 hours ago, 32dive said:

If JT DC can't disrupt a Sophomore QB, the game has passed him by. LV don't have the offense to run off a win.

We had one of our worst games offensively this season and still won. :)

Just now, jbabi86 said:

I can say the same about JT. We have lost a lot on the online and have a sophomore qb. What do you expect?. Not to mention starting running back and yet you find comfort in putting down the Lobos?????? Really!

All those injuries and we still won by two scores. Bahaha.

• LOL! 1

55 minutes ago, daceo3cp said:

Yea y'all always talk about injuries we was playing our 3rd and 4th string rbs  grant came in and almost went for 6 then got hurt again just think of he stayed in game and that qb  Longview has makes very bad reads  like heaths qb

We've already said this was King's worst game as a quarterback. There's no denying he was way off tonight. But I'll take having a bad game and still winning than the opposite.

We were playing our 3rd and 4th string running backs behind our 2nd and 3rd string offensive line tonight so move along.

Your team lost because your special teams was horrendous, which is something ANTI highlighted earlier in the week as being a huge advantage for Longview and y'all denied it.

Y'all already need to be worried about Horn, cause they're going to absolutely rip y'all apart from what I saw tonight. And well, if y'all don't beat Lee the following week after that...you'll be sitting at home come round 1.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 32dive said:

I think the current JT staff has run its course. Time for a complete change. No hold overs. Bring in some fresh faces with passion for the game.

Ricklan Holmes isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

He's a JT man with a 56-17 overall record that's a 77% average which many schools would absolutely kill to have leading them.

Not sure you're paying very good attention as he appears to have plenty of passion.

I suppose they could use analytics to fire a winner much like the stupidity we're observing in Major League Baseball...sheesh !

IF and when Holmes leaves JT it will probably be his decision.

8 hours ago, jbabi86 said:

Really!!..   Man most of them have barely been hanging on to the band wagon coming into this game. They sure will be all off after Horn spank them next week. 

Yep, not surprised. They will all jump back on it when they drop down to 5A after they fixed their numbers. 

12 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

Learn to love if it was their fight song but it isn’t.

That was most definitely the Lufkin fight song. Y'all play it coming out at halftime every single time I see y'all now. Makes no sense to me.

• Thanks 1

1st. Congrats Lobos on the win.

2nd. JT, We played the way we've been playing all year. The young men playing hard, but unable to get instruction to clean up and fix the little mistakes.

3rd. Longview: Just didn't look like the old Lobos teams.

4th. Maybe, just maybe this district is not all it's talked up to be. jmo 

1 minute ago, cujo2016 said:

3rd. Longview: Just didn't look like the old Lobos teams.

4th. Maybe, just maybe this district is not all it's talked up to be. jmo 

Injuries do that to ya. We've had to replace a load of guys and they're still coming into their own.

Also, I think this district is exactly what it was last year. We're extremely competitive amongst each other. Is there a huge power in this district? Nope. No one is making a long run in the post season unless an upset happens. But in district, it's one of the more competitive districts in the state. Anyone can beat anyone any week.

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

Injuries do that to ya. We've had to replace a load of guys and they're still coming into their own.

Also, I think this district is exactly what it was last year. We're extremely competitive amongst each other. Is there a huge power in this district? Nope. No one is making a long run in the post season unless an upset happens. But in district, it's one of the more competitive districts in the state. Anyone can beat anyone any week.

Just hoping for a state championship out of ET from the big school in the next two to three years, and with the young men you guys got coming up I feel like you have a better chance.jmo

3 hours ago, RandyJohnson said:

Ricklan Holmes isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

He's a JT man with a 56-17 overall record that's a 77% average which many schools would absolutely kill to have leading them.

Not sure you're paying very good attention as he appears to have plenty of passion.

I suppose they could use analytics to fire a winner much like the stupidity we're observing in Major League Baseball...sheesh !

IF and when Holmes leaves JT it will probably be his decision.

You are mistaking game time intensity for a winner's passion. 56 wins at the high school level is comparable to shopping for plums at the supermarket. Looks sweet from the outside but the true test comes when you bite in to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 32dive said:

You are mistaking game time intensity for a winner's passion. 56 wins at the high school level is comparable to shopping for plums at the supermarket. Looks sweet from the outside but the true test comes when you bite in to it.

Then maybe just maybe... it's not the coach.

He was visibly upset with what his players WERE NOT getting done at times !

Not to downgrade HS kids but there was a sizeable sample of NOT following instruction...imo !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

Then maybe just maybe... it's not the coach.

He was visibly upset with what his players WERE NOT getting done at times !

Not to downgrade HS kids but there was a sizeable sample of NOT following instruction...imo !

Come on man, you know it's ALWAYS the coaches fault...

(Sarcasm)

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

This is exactly how I see this district. A bunch of good teams but no great teams. JT was the best team we played last year and that includes our game with the Woodlands. Klein Collins just kicked them in the head. Any team that makes it to the third round will have overachieved IMHO.

• Like 1