Week Nine: Longview at John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-1) vs John Tyler Lions (5-2)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

10 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

If JT, Lufkin, or LV drop to 5a Div.1 and they can avoid Aledo...good chance for a ring.  

Also, I just don't know about this current team. I don't want to speak bad about the Coach or the program because I know they could do alot better than I could, but this team should be alot better. Too much coming back to be like this. Nothing against Longview, but on paper, if you told me at the start of the season, LV would be down this many players...even Longview fans would say JT should beat them.   That Carr kid was amazing last night, he basically won the game for them.   JT has been lucky to have amazing QBs lately. Johnson, Bush, Ward, McCollister, then Smith. All Div1 players (except McCollister who was a Div 1-aa recruit).  The one thing they all had in common is that they could beat you with their feet.  Maybe its the new OC, who knows, but the starting QB isn't a threat on the run. This is what has made JT special over the last decade, was dynamic QB plays running.  Without that, I don't know how far this team can go. That's why I said leave Woods at QB. 

JT  and Longview would get their butts handed to them by Manvel.  Wouldn't be close.

18 hours ago, Grainraiser said:

This is exactly how I see this district. A bunch of good teams but no great teams. JT was the best team we played last year and that includes our game with the Woodlands. Klein Collins just kicked them in the head. Any team that makes it to the third round will have overachieved IMHO.

Longview should be in round 3

13 hours ago, Slimbodine said:

JT  and Longview would get their butts handed to them by Manvel.  Wouldn't be close.

If they stay in Region 2 and Manvel is in Region 3, they wouldn't play them until the championship game. So in that scenario there is a chance.