Jasper @ Tatum

JasperDawg

Jasper @ Tatum  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who u think wins?

Could have had Frazier from West Rusk, Whom by the way has the Waidas undefeated, but the board pulled a stunt. Yall are lucky anyone wants to coach there after that fiasco.

Let me know when West Rusk beats Hennason, Chapel Hill, Pitt.... Don't worry, we got who we were after. I've been to the practices. Coaches are doing a great job.

Nothing like small town and small minds saying what needs to be done. Glad I am outta coaching. Crude like this that will drive a man insane. if all these know it alls would have actually gotten a degree they could have coached and showed us how great they truly are. Of course with them knowing everything and the know it alls from other towns coaching then all games would end in a tie. Good grief, go buy some popcorn, hotdog and a drink and clap for those that are willing to put in the work. Leave you negative crapp at home.

Had to 😂 at the tie score.

Not following the schedule in your posts. Is that last year's schedule? Tatum is 2-6, 0-2 this year, correct?

Yes, that's correct. I always log in on my phone on the mobile version and you can't see signatures. Didn't even realize that schedule from last year was there lol

Let me know when West Rusk beats Hennason, Chapel Hill, Pitt.... Don't worry, we got who we were after. I've been to the practices. Coaches are doing a great job.

I am not the one complaining about the Tatum coaching staff.

No disrespect to Barker at all. I was just making the point that you can't complain after your board nixed a hire for this guy. It just don't make sense to complain about him to me.

No disrespect to Barker at all. I was just making the point that you can't complain after your board nixed a hire for this guy. It just don't make sense to complain about him to me.

One guy complaining doesn't speak for the town.

Two points on Tatum and I will shut up and let the Eagle faithful bash me.

1. Game plans seem to include a passing attack that is not the strength of the QB, and limited QB running game that does appear to be the QB's strength.

2. Lack of intensity on players part and lack of passion on players and coaches part. Does NOT seem to be a unified direction, plan or purpose.

1. Game plans seem to include a passing attack that is not the strength of the QB, and limited QB running game that does appear to be the QB's strength.

2. Lack of intensity on players part and lack of passion on players and coaches part. Does NOT seem to be a unified direction, plan or purpose.

No reason to bash. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I like the fact that we are willing to pass more. QB has been pretty accurate. I bet we've had 30 drops this year.

Board didn't "nix" anything. Board said Frazier wasn't the guy and our Super tried to shove Frazier down heir throat. It was understood that Frazier wouldn't get the nod before the fact. Board made a decision based on more than just hiring a good football coach and Frazier didn't fit what the board was looking for.

It couldnt possibly be the QB deciding not to keep it and run?

It's so sad to see Tatum going the way it is. They have always had a tradition of winning but it seems like this new wave of people do not have winning on their minds. I heard that a lot of shady things are going on down there.  How do you bring in a new coaching staff from what was there last year and get worse? Hopefully, they will pull it together for the kids sake! 

17 minutes ago, backtothebasics said:

It's so sad to see Tatum going the way it is. They have always had a tradition of winning but it seems like this new wave of people do not have winning on their minds. I heard that a lot of shady things are going on down there.  How do you bring in a new coaching staff from what was there last year and get worse? Hopefully, they will pull it together for the kids sake! 

I had been hearing for the past few years that Tatum would be down for a few years.  The one game I went to I could see that the talent had dropped.  Kids played hard but Tatum does not have the big play makers like years past.  When you run a cover 4 and still get beat deep you have a problem.  It will take time but gotta teach them young the X's and O's.  Given time Barker will turn the program around.  Many may have forgotten but he was a huge part of why Henderson won a State Championship.

We'll be sophomore heavy next year but those freshmen joined a winless jv team that was getting blown out big in week 4 when we decided to merge the fish/jv squads and they haven't lost since. Some impressive talent in that group. 3 really good receivers, 2 really good RBs, and a QB that shows a lot of promise. We return our QB, 3 WRs that rotate constantly, and get back a solid lineman that missed the season due to surgery. And defensively we bring back 2 of the 3 starting d-linemen, 1 LB that rotates a lot, and a couple DBs that rotate. There will be mostly sophomores filling the holes next year with a couple jrs. I could see us getting back on track next year then the 2 or 3 following years being quite impressive.

1 hour ago, OldGeezer said:

I had been hearing for the past few years that Tatum would be down for a few years.  The one game I went to I could see that the talent had dropped.  Kids played hard but Tatum does not have the big play makers like years past.  When you run a cover 4 and still get beat deep you have a problem.  It will take time but gotta teach them young the X's and O's.  Given time Barker will turn the program around.  Many may have forgotten but he was a huge part of why Henderson won a State Championship.

Is it true Barker is trying to leave before he even has a chance to rebuild? 

27 minutes ago, LilEagle said:

He just bought a house, so I highly doubt it.  But seems you know more than most, backtothebasics.  Two posts and trying to stir the pot.  Sounds like someone with an agenda. 😂 

Being inquisitive is stirring the pot? I’m inquiring. I was locked out my last name but I see I struck a “Lil” nerve. 🙊

1 hour ago, backtothebasics said:

Being inquisitive is stirring the pot? I’m inquiring. I was locked out my last name but I see I struck a “Lil” nerve. 🙊

Oh just think it is funny.  I do not hide behind my name.  I believe everyone knows exactly who I am. Just being an observer but looks like sour grapes.