San Augustine (7-0 , 2-0) vs Alto (2-5, 1-1)

SAWolfman

Yeah I haven't quite figured that out yet Townsend has been qb all year and moves to wr hopefully they get that figured out and a couple of those jv guys move up to help the passing game out that would be a huge boost.  Thacker has definitely found his legs the last two games though his arm just isn't there.

14 minutes ago, Cherokee603 said:

Like I said can't play a RB at QB passing game goes to nothing......but runs the ball harder with the QB label so I guess coaches can only do what they can

Yeah, along with penalties and TO's hurt us both tonight.  I didnt like the crew we had tonight!  They didnt know what they were calling!

15 minutes ago, Cherokee603 said:

San Augustine is good not great Joaquin is wayyyy better or at least against alto they were...that's gonna be a hell of a game....altos getting better but can't play a RB at QB and try to throw the ball, pick city all day long

One thing for sure...SA is better than everyone they’ve played so far this year. I wasn’t aware that Alto got to determine who was wayyyy better than SA since Alto hasn’t been better than anyone by much. 

4 minutes ago, bystander76 said:

One thing for sure...SA is better than everyone they’ve played so far this year. I wasn’t aware that Alto got to determine who was wayyyy better than SA since Alto hasn’t been better than anyone by much. 

Alto played tough.  We are undefeated and got to prove ourself again next week!

Hell of a game by both teams but the refs huddled up more than the teams did. Thacker was completely rolling in the 2nd half and if they didn't fumble that kickoff I think Alto had a legit shot at pulling the upset. SA started slow and were getting whooped up front but when they got going after the half they were unstoppable. Alto should still get that 4th playoff spot with games against Shelby & Cushing coming up. 

38 minutes ago, Ramfanforever said:

Not for sure what that has to do with his question or my reply. As for my  reply I gave an obvious  answer. They have played us both. Does that help you any

And they lost to us both and one of us put way more points on the board against them!  

On 10/23/2017 at 7:38 PM, SwarmingOnEm said:

Ok I stand corrected..and LAST YEARS LOVELADY was...They will be slaughtered by CV watch..and 12 2A has very weak teams other than CV and LL when theyre up..There aint another team in that district who scares anyone...Im just saying, if we win this, he needs to come in here and get that bird...I dont have to get any bird do I? Lol..We arent supposed to win!! But I will tell him this, at ANY TIME, everything can just line up..and we can play the kind of ball we are known for...know that much...he better hope these kids arent feeling too good about knocking off an undefeated district foe...SA Wolfman might wanna actually wait until his team actually beats somebody in district 11 before he lets those gums bump too hard

Lovelady says Hi !!!

7 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

Lol he wont be bumping those gums like that for the rest of the year!  Congrats on the win against CV!

Thanks Wolf. We have started putting things together as of late. Our passing game has come a LONG way in the last few games and the defense seems to get better every week. I will say that Centerville didn't play a clean game. Had several turnovers. Some because of LL defense but some on their own. Don't sleep on CV, I expect them to bounce back and take care of Groveton next week and they will be a tough matchup come playoff time. And dang their backs are BIG and run hard! Congrats on yalls win!!!

14 minutes ago, LLIONPRIDE said:

Thanks Wolf. We have started putting things together as of late. Our passing game has come a LONG way in the last few games and the defense seems to get better every week. I will say that Centerville didn't play a clean game. Had several turnovers. Some because of LL defense but some on their own. Don't sleep on CV, I expect them to bounce back and take care of Groveton next week and they will be a tough matchup come playoff time. And dang their backs are BIG and run hard! Congrats on yalls win!!!

None of y'all will make itnoutnof the first round.

1 minute ago, Lambo said:

None of y'all will make itnoutnof the first round.

I like your confidence! Guess we will see in a few weeks. This probably won't happen, but I would welcome a rematch in the first round with Joe! You will see a MUCH different team. But I know it won't be easy for any of our D12 teams in the 1st round. 

54 minutes ago, LLIONPRIDE said:

I like your confidence! Guess we will see in a few weeks. This probably won't happen, but I would welcome a rematch in the first round with Joe! You will see a MUCH different team. But I know it won't be easy for any of our D12 teams in the 1st round. 

We would welcome the challenge... The Joaquin people truly care about The lovelady people. Idk why tbh but we always have. Good luck to you guys.

10 minutes ago, yourteamstinks said:

congrats on one more touchdown after the game was over Wolfman.

The way this district is, you have no way of knowing when points might come into play in a tiebreaker scenario. You get a chance to score, score. End of story. 

50 minutes ago, yourteamstinks said:

congrats on one more touchdown after the game was over Wolfman.

Congrats to you as well for dumbest statement ever. The game is never over until there is no time left on the clock. We can’t help it that you were proven wrong and can’t back up your statement 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

The way this district is, you have no way of knowing when points might come into play in a tiebreaker scenario. You get a chance to score, score. End of story. 

Absolutely agree, gotta be tough and play better, cause ain't nobody giving ya nuthin in this dist.. Js.. Grow thicker skin and make better adjustments is all ya can do. 

Congratulations to the Wolves.  Sits up a classic Tx HS football game next Friday.  I've adopted the Rams (because of Reg track meet last year), and Wolves are almost neighbors, so hard for me to want either to lose, but man this game should be a slobber knocker.  We have our big rival, Iola next Friday, but I'll be hanging on the Forum for post on this Ram/Wolves game.  Good luck to both.

And a shout out to Alto.  Them kids haven't got any quit, and had a big win over Carlisle.  Yep, Dist 11 has four teams that could win most Districts.  On the downside, getting thru that Dist will wear you out.  No more injuries, and Good luck to all.

11 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Congrats San Augustine all the way from Port Neches. 

Hey, prep.  They got it going up there, don't they.  I've got hooked on this bunch.  They have a great District.  Feel sorry for Shelbyville and Cushing going up against "murderers row".

9 hours ago, Lambo said:

We would welcome the challenge... The Joaquin people truly care about The lovelady people. Idk why tbh but we always have. Good luck to you guys.

Thanks Lambo. We feel the same way about you guys. For me it's, the character of the kids y'all put on the field. Says a lot about not only the coaches but the quality of parents that are raising those young men. And of course the fans     Through football and coaching select softball, I've met a lot of Joaquin people and they are the kind of people I enjoy calling friends! Wish I could see that game next week. Gonna be a "Goodin"!!!