GUNTER

blueflu

I see every game and this Gunter team looks strong in all phases, very good athletes and coaching. No way to know how one game might go so I make no guarantees. I see Harmony and Holliday as obstacles in the region, then of course Canadian is an awesome program. Obviously Newton would be a formidable opponent if we can make it past those (or maybe other) teams. Who knows, maybe it would be a Waskom rematch? I should be careful what I wish though.

This is not to disparage other teams in our region - this is just what it looks like to me not having seen any of those teams.

Well, the only team to challenge Gunter this year has been Pottsboro and Gunter beat them 26-0. All others were practice for the playoffs. 8-0 record and outscoring their opponents 394 to 43.....The Tigers are on a roll again. Very strong program with solid coaching staff.

Love it when Gunter plays their playoff games at Royse City ISD Stadium. They bring a crowd and the surrounding communities come to watch some great quality football.

As far as the region I & region II side of the bracket goes, I think the team in the state final will be the winner between Canadian/Sonora on the region I side and Harmony/Gunter on the region II side.  Both of these games will be great I think, and I'll take the winner of the Harmony/Gunter game over Canadian/Sonora in the state semis.  Haven't looked closely at the region III and IV side of the bracket yet.   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BlueDuroc said:

The Gunter Defense is absolutely dominating this year shutting down teams week after week.  Another shutout last night, this team looks determined to repeat!

Impressive to shut out pottsboro and blowout half of 3a d1 dis 5. 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 12:55 PM, Nick2011 said:

They beat both of them last year as well, but you seen the result in the playoffs! 

Yep. bad results. Newton sees the 4th round every year. WR sits on its thumb every year and wanna be's like N2011 smack them gums.