Spring Hill @ Gilmer

CutBlock

Spring Hill is a lot better than most people think , but better at home with their clock operator. Gilmer will have their hands full with # 18 on both sides of the ball. He is one good athlete along with the quarterback and # 22 on offense. I look for this to be as high scoring as the Pitt game just don't know if they can out score Gilmer at Gilmer.

Gilmer's defense actually played worse against Gladewater than PG. They might have played their best game of the year against Carthage (disregard the score). They have regressed in the 3 games since then. Home field advantage hasn't helped, since both of their losses were at home, and the defense struggled mightily against Nac.

Any team that has a potent offense is a threat to Gilmer. Gilmer beat Gladewater because they scored on every possession and Gladewater muffed a kickoff.

At some point, I think Gilmer should adopt the Shiloh philosophy and just onside kick it every time. Their offense is great, their defense isn't. So if they have 3 more possessions than they other team, they should win. right now their best chance of creating more possessions is to onside kick after every single touchdown.

Hoping Gilmer's defense figures something out.

• Like 1

Gilmer's defense actually played worse against Gladewater than PG. They might have played their best game of the year against Carthage (disregard the score). They have regressed in the 3 games since then. Home field advantage hasn't helped, since both of their losses were at home, and the defense struggled mightily against Nac.

Any team that has a potent offense is a threat to Gilmer. Gilmer beat Gladewater because they scored on every possession and Gladewater muffed a kickoff.

At some point, I think Gilmer should adopt the Shiloh philosophy and just onside kick it every time. Their offense is great, their defense isn't. So if they have 3 more possessions than they other team, they should win. right now their best chance of creating more possessions is to onside kick after every single touchdown.

I don't know man. Gilmer's defense didn't look at that good against Carthage to me. Gilmer's best defense against Carthage, to me, seemed to be the Carthage QB's inability to hit wide open receivers, and Carthage getting so many drive stalling penalties early on.

I hate to say this, but SH is quite similar to Gilmer this year. Both have really good offenses, but poor defense. This could be a trap game for Gilmer. They simply cannot take SH lightly. #18 for SH is a beast, solid and really hard to tackle. You cant tackle him high. The Buckeyes will have to get pressure on the QB, and control the line of scrimmage. I do feel Gilmers offense is better than SHs, but they will have to control #18 at DE as well! Turnovers will come into play, as well as who controls the line of scrimmage. I look for a high scoring game, with Gilmer pulling away late.

Gilmer 42

SH 28

Spring Hill would have won this game last year if they had a halfway decent offense and didn't have two players ejected in first qtr.

Disagree. You are right about the offense, but the defense was just as bad. The two players deserved to be ejected because they threw punches. If I remember, Gilmers best receiver was ejected as well for retaliation, so moot point there. Seems Gilmer always plays down when playing SH, just not interested. This year will be different, but with SH pretty much out of the playoff race, I wonder if they will even care enough to make it a game?

The 2pt conversion by Pitt took the life out of the Panthers so don't expect a close game at all.

Also the playmakers 18. 22. 4. 14 are not even close to 100% and 3 along with some others will most likely not be playing this week so this will be a slaughter.

Gilmer will put up 60 against SH if coach dont call them off I watched Pittsburgh shred them and 18 wont be as sharp because will be very winded from going both ways

Panther defense did good on 1st and 2nd down. Bad on 3rd and non existent on 4th and long or 2pt conversion.

Gilmer has to get some help on coaching on defense. They are not going to be a lights out defense, but they have some kids that can play, but the coaches are letting them down. They were playing new kids at different positions against Gladewater. It's too late in the season to be making adjustments like this.

It should have been done well before the 7th game of the season, especially when the adjustments failed miserably, no disrespect to Gladewater, who I think is much better than their record.

Honestly, I think this game will be close for awhile, perhaps into the 3rd. SH has the ability to make this game interesting because of their offense, so Gilmer getting pressure on the QB is critical. Keeping 18 in check will be key. He can (will) be a factor in this game.

Gilmer getting pressure on the QB wait thats defense isnt it? Oh well we can out score them pretty sure of that.Maybe santa will bring us a new defensive coach that knows how to adjust to different type of offensives.