Spring Hill @ Gilmer

CutBlock

2 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

Too bad for SH as they'll be sitting at home rolling out the basketballs.

Yeah I should have checked the standings before making that post.  They need some help to get there don’t they.  Win out and let the chips fall.  That’s about all they can do.  Three district losses by a total of 6 points.  Wow!

Good luck SH, you guys were a few bad calls, and a few by your coach, away from sealing the win,,, why he quit running the ball there a few times, left me speechless, and the fumble in the redzone, was the difference....good luck on the rest of your season...as for the Bux, offense keeps pulling us out.....the defense is just plane non existant, only way you can say it!

I am looking for the appropriate word for Gilmer’s defense. Nonexistent? Abysmal? I just can’t think of any words that appropriately describe it.  Don’t misunderstand, Spring Hill played a great game and has a very good offense.  But Gilmer can’t tackle. They get blown off the line of scrimmage. Ward comes in and makes 2-3 big plays and they pull him out. I don’t understand. Linebackers are too close to the line of scrimmage and get caught up in the trash of the play. It’s just hard to watch and getting worse. 

Offensively,  Gilmer dropped a lot of passes in the first half. Kids  better get used to playing and catching  in cold weather. And I don’t know where the offense would be without Webb. 

Gilmer is undersized  on the defensive Side, but that’s been the case most years. They have used quickness to get into the backfield  and make disruptive plays.   This year, I just seem to be getting blown off the ball. And then when they are in position to make a play, they don’t make it. 

A win is a win, and this keeps them in position to finish second in the district. But honestly, I see no way they can make me a very for playoff run without some kind of defensive improvement

• Like 2