*** OFFICIAL SNAPSHOT NUMBERS ***

justafan

I hear Troup is right around that same number. Either going to be the biggest or smallest. I hear West Rusk is over 330 so they are probably moving up.

Stay with Arp, Waskom, and EF or join West Rusk, White oak, and Jefferson??????

I don't know which way is better.

Arp is going down.

I hear Troup is right around that same number. Either going to be the biggest or smallest. I hear West Rusk is over 330 so they are probably moving up.

Stay with Arp, Waskom, and EF or join West Rusk, White oak, and Jefferson??????

I don't know which way is better.

And if troup is with, WR, WO, and Jefferson, that might include Tatum, Gladewater, Spring Hill, and Atlanta or some kind of combination like that.

My understanding is that Tenaha and Timpson are likely to move up. No idea on Carlisle. I wouldnt bet a wooden nickel on Joaquin moving up.

You boys can sure have Tenaha...that move will make for some good football. Their Super said they are stacked with talent, as far back into the elementary as he's ever seen there (so I was told). Good riddance, and happy hunting!!

UIL counts grades 9-12 because many ISDs don't have the same feeder systems...some ISD's are open enrollment, some ISD's have special magnet programs offered only at specific high schools etc....it's not a perfect system but that's the reasoning behind why 9-12 is counted

So what's the number you're being told? 260 is a long way from being under 225ish

wasnt told a spicific number. Just told looks like Arp is dropping and West Rusk is going up and we moved on to discussing other things. I know Arp didnt go up in enrollment lolol. Freshman class and jr class are smaller than avg

T-dub, y'all still the juggernaut is softball that y'all were when ya left? Asking for a friend! Lol

Our softball team last year was very young, competed well, but would give up a big inning occasionally. Played very well towards the end of the year, even beat Harleton and played with White Oak. Right now, volleyball and baseball are our go-to sports.....But all of our jr high sports competed well, so the future is bright...At least that's what I'm told.....

18 hours ago, etfootballguru said:

Gladewater @ 478...dropping to 3A

Maybe not for sure.....with the split of 5A it could shake the basement number of 4A up. It's not a given that it will rise. It could drop....the UIL will put a certain amount of teams in each class.....that will ultimately decide where the number is. With teams like Tatum, Gladewater, Atlanta, and Spring Hill dropping in enrollment, logically if there isn't enough that have increased in enrollment to fill that void.....then the cutoff number will possibly drop to fill however many teams the UIL feels fit to be in 4A. Again, I said logical.....but when have you ever known the UIL to be logical? It's a gamble trying to predict the UIL.....nobody really knows what will happen.

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Maybe not for sure.....with the split of 5A it could shake the basement number of 4A up. It's not a given that it will rise. It could drop....the UIL will put a certain amount of teams in each class.....that will ultimately decide where the number is. With teams like Tatum, Gladewater, Atlanta, and Spring Hill dropping in enrollment, logically if there isn't enough that have increased in enrollment to fill that void.....then the cutoff number will possibly drop to fill however many teams the UIL feels fit to be in 4A. Again, I said logical.....but when have you ever known the UIL to be logical? It's a gamble trying to predict the UIL.....nobody really knows what will happen.

Cameron may be one of those teams filling that void.  Right over 490 now.  

I would doubt the number would actually go down.  I expect a 10-15 increase much like last time.  Pulling from the bottom of 5A would be logical as they have more teams than any other classification.  

• Smoaky pinned and unpinned this topic