Hughes Springs @ Redwater

Horns85

Mustangs @ Dragons   

36 members have voted

1. 1. Mustangs @ Dragons

Hughes Springs 1-2 (6-2) travel to Bowie County to take on the Dragons 2-1 (5-3). The Mustangs are coming off a 48-22 road win over New Boston, while Redwater is coming off a  68-42 road defreat to White Oak This game has big implication on 3rd and 4th seeding. 

4 hours ago, Mustang4life said:

Redwater a running team?

put up 42 on WO!!?? 

RW is as much alike HS as any other team in district. Mainly run but will pass occasionally. It was 35-6 early in the second quarter before 49-21 halftime. It was 28-6 with still a minute left in the first quarter. All TDs came from the offense all night long. WO kicked off first but did recover an onside kick after their first td. WO cruised to a win last night with ease. There was no stopping the WO offense. I remember HS ppl saying it was embarrassing playing WO, but WO put it on RW in more of a hurry than they did HS. Now RW did have some break open plays here and there that they either scored on or set up scores, but WO was in a comfortable position  the whole night.

My thought is this.  I think both teams will have to play their best to beat the other.  The thing that has me scratching my head with HS is they scored 0(correct me if i'm wrong) on White Oak and they had New Boston score 30 on them.  RW was able to put up 42 on WO and all but shut down New Boston.  This is Senior night for RW so I think RW will be ready.  Another interesting stat is RW hasn't lost at home this year.

I think RW is as talented as HS based on things I have read.  If HS can get in RW's head then that might be a deciding factor.

1 hour ago, HogHater said:

My thought is this.  I think both teams will have to play their best to beat the other.  The thing that has me scratching my head with HS is they scored 0(correct me if i'm wrong) on White Oak and they had New Boston score 30 on them.  RW was able to put up 42 on WO and all but shut down New Boston.  This is Senior night for RW so I think RW will be ready.  Another interesting stat is RW hasn't lost at home this year.

I think RW is as talented as HS based on things I have read.  If HS can get in RW's head then that might be a deciding factor.

HS scored 20 not 0

1 hour ago, HogHater said:

20 points, HS scored 20 on WO... 

compare all you want mr. hoghater, its good fodder but that's about it... kids will show up and put forth their best effort, no matter what is said here.

With that being said...  the HS team that played WO was not the same team that has played all year...   and NB and all those points they scored you point out..... garbage time IMO... not a true indication of the D that HS has...  HS and their defense will control RW just fine.

I’ll take HS by 2 tds in this one if they play good disciplined football. RW from what I’ve heard has had a lot of turnovers this year. They had a lot of penalties against WO and a couple turnovers. One thing though both teams should end up in the playoffs and I hope everyone comes out of the next couple of weeks healthy. We all gotta make a showing against district 7.

16 hours ago, Racer55 said:

Both teams played hooks this year didn’t they? 

Yes, both teams played Hooks. HS won 38-16 i think and HK beat RW 20-19. Really no comparison, Hooks lost its starting QB the week before HS and RW should had beat Hooks, costly late fumbles by RW let HK sneak away with a win.

Edited by Eagles93
spelling