Pleasant Grove vs Spring Hill Panthers @ Spring Hill

dhoop02

Pleasant Grove is coming in undefeated on this season and is rolling they had good game against Pittsburg Spring Hill lost another close district game in Gilmer so I know they will come out too play they been close in each district loss so let's hear who do yall think will win this one 

Spring Hill is much improved this year but it's not enough. They have been in every game but they have not had to face a defense like ours. I'm not going to break down all the beautiful details of our next level D but I will say this. Pitt's offense was complicated, sneaky, and designed to catch defenses off guard. Our superior coaching staff prepared our young men and easily held Pitt to 10.

Offense has been playing shorthanded...kinda. It doesn't seem to matter if there is an injury or benched player, we always seem to have another player step up and fill in the gap. I expect we stick to our offensive habit and run until we need to do otherwise or we get a big enough lead to practice our air attack. That is more than likely going to happen the second half.

I agree that SH is a threat and we can't sleep on them...we don't sleep. We are perpetually rested and stepping up every day. We have plenty to improve upon on both sides of the ball and we are constantly working to get better every week. Don't think for a second that we are going to SH just to have a lackluster game. These young men are on fire, hungry, dedicated, and ready to continue our winning streak. 

This game won't be close.

PG 45 (higher if we go to the air)

SH 14

20 minutes ago, PGDad said:

Spring Hill is much improved this year but it's not enough. They have been in every game but they have not had to face a defense like ours. I'm not going to break down all the beautiful details of our next level D but I will say this. Pitt's offense was complicated, sneaky, and designed to catch defenses off guard. Our superior coaching staff prepared our young men and easily held Pitt to 10.

Offense has been playing shorthanded...kinda. It doesn't seem to matter if there is an injury or benched player, we always seem to have another player step up and fill in the gap. I expect we stick to our offensive habit and run until we need to do otherwise or we get a big enough lead to practice our air attack. That is more than likely going to happen the second half.

I agree that SH is a threat and we can't sleep on them...we don't sleep. We are perpetually rested and stepping up every day. We have plenty to improve upon on both sides of the ball and we are constantly working to get better every week. Don't think for a second that we are going to SH just to have a lackluster game. These young men are on fire, hungry, dedicated, and ready to continue our winning streak. 

This game won't be close.

PG 45 (higher if we go to the air)

SH 14

The only reason y’all held them to 10 points is because the runningback was out and the QB went out and wasn’t a 100% healthy to begin with 

6 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

The only reason y’all held them to 10 points is because the runningback was out and the QB went out and wasn’t a 100% healthy to begin with 

I didn't know about this. That would be a definite game changer. Their QB makes their entire offense function. He can make things happen. 

22 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

You're right. That's why they were doing soooooo good before they got knocked out.

They did pretty good before they went out because they controlled the ball most of the first half. the safety and wide receiver # 16 went down on the first defensive side of the ball. The quarterback went down on the first time they had the ball in the second half. He was hurt from the Spring Hill game as was our starting running back. I get that P G has a good team , they are big and physical but not really fast. Pitt had their big boys with hands on their hips in the first half trying to keep up with the quarterback for Pitt. Good luck to P G , and I hope you represent our district well .   

24 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Only way PG loses this game if they play horrible. Spring Hill doesn't have the Defense to keep up with PG good Offense.

Spring Hill has a better defense against the run than Gilmer does and as was evident Friday night they have the same firepower on offense as Gilmer does.

I think PG wins, but this game will be much closer than some think.

Pleasant Grove better not come out flat and overlook this Spring Hill team.  They are not the same team from the last several years.  Pleasant Grove should win handily, but it doesn't mean they will.  The best part of Spring Hill's offense plays into the strength of Pleasant Grove's defense, so there is that, plus Spring Hill has nothing left to play for other than pride.  This could be a trap game for the Hawks, but I don't think the PG coaches will let that happen.

Pleasant Grove by at least 21.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bulldog1068 said:

They did pretty good before they went out because they controlled the ball most of the first half. the safety and wide receiver # 16 went down on the first defensive side of the ball. The quarterback went down on the first time they had the ball in the second half. He was hurt from the Spring Hill game as was our starting running back. I get that P G has a good team , they are big and physical but not really fast. Pitt had their big boys with hands on their hips in the first half trying to keep up with the quarterback for Pitt. Good luck to P G , and I hope you represent our district well .   

I guess things seem different from the other side of the ball. #16 is the D1 guy right? He was blanketed and covered very well despite some missed offensive pass interference calls. I know we aren't super fast without #21 on the field but we block great and our next in liners can get through most any line, and did. Our big boys had their hands on their hips because of what? Because they were constantly in the backfield. I'm sure they would have been more rested if they were blocked better and didn't get a chance to chase that QB...they didn't seem that tired after the game to me...they weren't that sweaty...probably cause it was so cold. Pitt should get into the playoff and wish them the best of luck!

We sure do have things to work on this week vs SH. I figure we will be in the backfield a lot, force interceptions and turnovers, and score score score. I know in the past we (and others) have had some problems with SH. Haven't heard anything about those types of problems this year so we have to watch out for a higher disciplined team that should not waste time and penalties from overzealous playing.

It's going to be a great game! 

4 hours ago, bulldog1068 said:

21 for us was out and 22 isn't 100%. Both kids are low 4.5 guys in the 40 and sub 11 second 100m track guys

23 minutes ago, Sticker44 said:

21 for us was out and 22 isn't 100%. Both kids are low 4.5 guys in the 40 and sub 11 second 100m track guys

It's always good to say that you beat another team when they had their best on the field, but unfortunately, that was not the case.

I have noticed, that track speed does not always translate into football speed, so I take those facts with a grain of salt.

PG has an O line that can and does control the game for their running attack. Spring Hill will need to be up to that task first.

Friday night will tell.

2 minutes ago, HawkEye said:

It's always good to say that you beat another team when they had their best on the field, but unfortunately, that was not the case.

I have noticed, that track speed does not always translate into football speed, so I take those facts with a grain of salt.

PG has an O line that can and does control the game for their running attack. Spring Hill will need to be up to that task first.

Friday night will tell.

I think it's better to say we beat the other team in spite of not having our best on the field. That's quickly changing.

You know he was talking about OUR 21 and 22 right?

4 minutes ago, PGDad said:

I think it's better to say we beat the other team in spite of not having our best on the field. That's quickly changing.

You know he was talking about OUR 21 and 22 right?

Did not. I am out of touch with roster numbers and names, so That went right by me. your interpretation is more correct, but not knowing the players or teams, the general statement of speed translating can still stand, not as an absolute, just as I first said, not always. Sometimes, as in '09, you get players blessed with both. Now appears to be another great example.

• Like 1