Pleasant Grove vs Spring Hill Panthers @ Spring Hill

dhoop02

19 hours ago, PGDad said:

I guess things seem different from the other side of the ball. #16 is the D1 guy right? He was blanketed and covered very well despite some missed offensive pass interference calls. I know we aren't super fast without #21 on the field but we block great and our next in liners can get through most any line, and did. Our big boys had their hands on their hips because of what? Because they were constantly in the backfield. I'm sure they would have been more rested if they were blocked better and didn't get a chance to chase that QB...they didn't seem that tired after the game to me...they weren't that sweaty...probably cause it was so cold. Pitt should get into the playoff and wish them the best of luck!

We sure do have things to work on this week vs SH. I figure we will be in the backfield a lot, force interceptions and turnovers, and score score score. I know in the past we (and others) have had some problems with SH. Haven't heard anything about those types of problems this year so we have to watch out for a higher disciplined team that should not waste time and penalties from overzealous playing.

It's going to be a great game! 

PG has always had the "my sh#& don't stink attitude" and the "we are so much better than you attitude" about many, many things. But, never about FOOTBALL, it is so funny to hear so much smack talk by people who think they are football guru's because their kids have finally started winning.

13 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

PG has always had the "my sh#& don't stink attitude" and the "we are so much better than you attitude" about many, many things. But, never about FOOTBALL, it is so funny to hear so much smack talk by people who think they are football guru's because their kids have finally started winning.

That's silly, presumptuous, and a one-sided blind opinion based on what? Bias? Prejudice? Stereotypical thinking? Unless you know every student, parent, and coach, I suggest you STFU and get a real opinion. I haven't heard much if any smack talk from PG...just truth. 

12 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Oh, and they have finally gotten a few move ins to supplement the talent level.

You're obviously uninformed. Most of our seniors have been in the PG system since elementary and have been winning ever since. The class of 2018 was undefeated in Middle School and set many records. From baseball tourneys to Milk Bowl Champions, this team is filled with winners. I can think of maybe one move in from a few years ago but nothing that would change our success. We have players for days that step up and fill the gaps when needed. So, basically get a clue and post something worthwhile because you absolutely don't know what you're talking about.

Just now, playactionpass39 said:

What?

That is a RED CARD in soccer all day long and should have been an ejection. Studs up slide tackles are a NO, NO in all sports, but you can't kick or trip in American FOOTBALL

I rewatched it. It was blurry for some reason the first time I saw it, and I thought he just tackled him low. When it cleared up, I saw he slid into him. Totally agree with you. 

36 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

What?

That is a RED CARD in soccer all day long and should have been an ejection. Studs up slide tackles are a NO, NO in all sports, but you can't kick or trip in American FOOTBALL

Come on now, pretty much the entire sport of football is a red card in soccer. Bad argument.

While I've never actually looked up this rule, I've never seen it called. However, I have seen many kickers make touchdown saving tackles by utilizing the slide tackle. I would be willing to bet a dollar or two that a slide tackle or a "trip" is completely legal. 

1 minute ago, YourTypicalGrover said:

Come on now, pretty much the entire sport of football is a red card in soccer. Bad argument.

While I've never actually looked up this rule, I've never seen it called. However, I have seen many kickers make touchdown saving tackles by utilizing the slide tackle. I would be willing to bet a dollar or two that a slide tackle or a "trip" is completely legal. 

Tripping the Ball Carrier (Rule 9-1-2-c) FR-87 Delete the Exception. Add the following: “Tripping is intentionally using the lower leg or foot to obstruct an opponent below the knees. (Rule 2-28)” Comments: Affords the ball carrier the same protection from tripping that other players have had for many years.

Tripping or slide tackling is illegal as of 2016

23 minutes ago, YourTypicalGrover said:

Slide tackling or tripping the ball carrier are legal in football. From my point of view it didn't appear that his spikes were up. Spikes down = clean play.

ARTICLE 2. Striking Fouls and Tripping

1. No person subject to the rules shall strike an opponent with the knee; strike an opponent’s helmet (including the face mask), neck, face or any other part of the body with an extended forearm, elbow, locked hands, palm, fist or the heel, back or side of the open hand; or gouge an opponent. (A.R. 9-1-2:I)

2. No person subject to the rules shall strike an opponent with his foot or any part of his leg that is below the knee.

3. There shall be no tripping. Tripping is intentionally using the lower leg or foot to obstruct an opponent below the knee. (Rule 2-28)

28 minutes ago, YourTypicalGrover said:

Slide tackling or tripping the ball carrier are legal in football. From my point of view it didn't appear that his spikes were up. Spikes down = clean play.

False. NCAA rule is that it is illegal to trip any player, INCLUDING THE BALL CARRIER.

You know, no one ever really said anything bad about PG Football when they were everyone's whipping boy but; three straight playoff appearances & a potential district championship this year and all that has changed..........Now we are arrogant and bragarts with a $h!t don't stink attitude that are winning because of move ins.  WHATEVER!!!  I have lived in this community for ten years and can rightfully say that our teams have always played with Humility & we have lost far more to moving out than moving in.  

What makes the teams of the last few years different than the past is that these kids are now playing for each other because the coaches have instilled that in them.  Additionally, there are far fewer "one-sport" athletes than the recent past.  Heck, my son's senior year (2014) had only 7 returning Seniors with any experience.  I think this year's team has like 20 plus that have played since seventh grade.  My hat is off to this coaching staff that has found a way to get the kids playing & keep them playing.

Just my two cents!

• Like 1

Just now, YourTypicalGrover said:

I stand corrected.  You learn something new everyday. Well done on your timely fact checking. ;)

Thank you sir. I will say, I do not get the impression that PG is dirty. The one time I have seen them play, they seemed to be respectful kids. I do think the kid made a mistake, but I wouldn't go so far as saying they think their you know what doesn't stink. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PGHawkfan said:

You know, no one ever really said anything bad about PG Football when they were everyone's whipping boy but; three straight playoff appearances & a potential district championship this year and all that has changed..........Now we are arrogant and bragarts with a $h!t don't stink attitude that are winning because of move ins.  WHATEVER!!!  I have lived in this community for ten years and can rightfully say that our teams have always played with Humility & we have lost far more to moving out than moving in.  

What makes the teams of the last few years different than the past is that these kids are now playing for each other because the coaches have instilled that in them.  Additionally, there are far fewer "one-sport" athletes than the recent past.  Heck, my son's senior year (2014) had only 7 returning Seniors with any experience.  I think this year's team has like 20 plus that have played since seventh grade.  My hat is off to this coaching staff that has found a way to get the kids playing & keep them playing.

Just my two cents!

Nah y'all have always been arrogant. I mean, let's not play stupid to the fact that PG has been known as the "Rich Kids" school as far back as I'm sure any of us can remember. My brother graduated from PG. I'm all too familiar with it. 

That being said, I'm not trying to start an argument, but let's not be oblivious. They've always had the "we're better than you" mentality. People just now have a problem with it because they are finally actually better lol. We wanted to beat PG more than any other team in high school just for that reason though. 

I don't have a problem with you guys really. Like I said, my brother graduated from there. I just know how they act. Either way, I'm pulling for you guys to make it, or at least go deep in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, playactionpass39 said:

Smack talk by who other than PGDad?  I read this board constantly and only see one person talking smack.  Others are talking about PG but not smack. 

By the way....keep it up PGDad....you make it fun on this board!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

back up that statement with facts.....can't be done. 

Did NOT say anything about move ins since they have been in High School, or anything about transfers. 

I can tell you for a fact, because i lived there for a while, that there are a number of kids that are DEFINITELY NOT second or third generation Grovers.

Pretty sure that freshman DE that's so good is from Gilmer isn't he? That's what someone told me anyways.

I generally don't say anything about move-ins, because it just comes with winning. If you can make a deep playoff run, the move-ins will come. It's just part of it. Everyone wants to win. 

25 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Pretty sure that freshman DE that's so good is from Gilmer isn't he? That's what someone told me anyways.

I generally don't say anything about move-ins, because it just comes with winning. If you can make a deep playoff run, the move-ins will come. It's just part of it. Everyone wants to win. 

Oh trust me, i have no problem with the move ins or the transfers.

I just love the fact that PG dad climbs up on his high horse like he developed every one of those kids himself. He is a typical, pat himself on the back at every moment Grover front runner.

33 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Is he the one that tripped? Just curious. 

31 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Depends on what you call a move in.  I think of move ins as kids who transfer to a school during their high school years specifically for the purpose of playing with that team.....not kids that moved into a town during elementary school and are growing up there.  If that is the case, then we are move ins because we moved here when my son was a 4th grader.  Very few kids live their entire life in one town anymore.

I coached that DE in 5th and 6th grade right here in PG and he played 7th & 8th grade at PG Middle.