Pleasant Grove vs Spring Hill Panthers @ Spring Hill

dhoop02

48 minutes ago, pancakemachine said:

Thank you sir. I will say, I do not get the impression that PG is dirty. The one time I have seen them play, they seemed to be respectful kids. I do think the kid made a mistake, but I wouldn't go so far as saying they think their you know what doesn't stink. 

Yes, a mistake. I can get on board with that.

47 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Nah y'all have always been arrogant. I mean, let's not play stupid to the fact that PG has been known as the "Rich Kids" school as far back as I'm sure any of us can remember. My brother graduated from PG. I'm all too familiar with it. 

That being said, I'm not trying to start an argument, but let's not be oblivious. They've always had the "we're better than you" mentality. People just now have a problem with it because they are finally actually better lol. We wanted to beat PG more than any other team in high school just for that reason though. 

I don't have a problem with you guys really. Like I said, my brother graduated from there. I just know how they act. Either way, I'm pulling for you guys to make it, or at least go deep in the playoffs. 

I guess I can assume that all of Atlanta has moonshine stills, next to their meth houses, and look forward to the day ya'll  share the community toothbrush?

Ya know, I hate when someone speaks for all of us. There are many types of people in PG. Some are of the types you mention but most are not "rich kids" or "holier than thou." You are falling into stereotyping people...children no less. I have taught all my children that everybody should get a chance: black, white, gay, straight, rich, poor, religious, or not. I don't know how to label your reaction...racism, classism, I don't know. But I do know this is why we as a country and people will continue to be divided. Try to look at people as individuals and not lumps of all your past experiences.

45 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

Smack talk by who other than PGDad?  I read this board constantly and only see one person talking smack.  Others are talking about PG but not smack. 

By the way....keep it up PGDad....you make it fun on this board!

I know my place:)

13 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Oh trust me, i have no problem with the move ins or the transfers.

I just love the fact that PG dad climbs up on his high horse like he developed every one of those kids himself. He is a typical, pat himself on the back at every moment Grover front runner.

If I were typical, I wouldn't have your attention. We can kiss later.

I did not develop every one of those kids by myself but I can confidently say that I had a positive influence on at least 10 of our seniors in their younger PGYA years. So, yes...I have a personal investment in these kids. I have had many over to my house. I've picked them up on the side of the road, given many rides home, fed them, had heart to heart crying talks with them. I've helped a few grow up and love them like my own. I'm not the only one. I owe a debt of gratitude to many PG parents for building my kid up and making him a better young man. HAWK NATION is more than just the players. We may not have much in common during the week, but on Friday nights...you gotta fight us all.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

These kids are winners. It started with Pitt last year and has continued this year. I graduated from PG and I'm telling you the reason they are winning is about 70% coaching. These kids bought in and run the system the coaches implemented. Every kid on that team believes in the one next to them in the huddle. A true team

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PGDad said:

If I were typical, I wouldn't have your attention. We can kiss later.

I did not develop every one of those kids by myself but I can confidently say that I had a positive influence on at least 10 of our seniors in their younger PGYA years. So, yes...I have a personal investment in these kids. I have had many over to my house. I've picked them up on the side of the road, given many rides home, fed them, had heart to heart crying talks with them. I've helped a few grow up and love them like my own. I'm not the only one. I owe a debt of gratitude to many PG parents for building my kid up and making him a better young man. HAWK NATION is more than just the players. We may not have much in common during the week, but on Friday nights...you gotta fight us all.

Don't let the haters get to you. Nothing wrong with supporting your team. PG is on top and everyone is coming after them, but their success is great for, not only our district, but also great for Texas High School football. I know the fans, the kids and the coaches are thrilled. They deserve it!!! 

• Like 2

As a fan of a team that has been good for a very long time, I can see that other teams will get the same kind of flack we got when we started having this successful run.  It's to be expected, I guess.  It's better to be good and hated, than the alternative.  The haters will definitely come out when you're winning.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, PGDad said:

I guess I can assume that all of Atlanta has moonshine stills, next to their meth houses, and look forward to the day ya'll  share the community toothbrush?

Ya know, I hate when someone speaks for all of us. There are many types of people in PG. Some are of the types you mention but most are not "rich kids" or "holier than thou." You are falling into stereotyping people...children no less. I have taught all my children that everybody should get a chance: black, white, gay, straight, rich, poor, religious, or not. I don't know how to label your reaction...racism, classism, I don't know. But I do know this is why we as a country and people will continue to be divided. Try to look at people as individuals and not lumps of all your past experiences.

Lol you can take it how you want to PGDad, your labels really don't mean anything to me.

You and I both know it's true, as well as anyone else in this area. Everyone knows the reputation PG has. I'm not the one you need to worry about convincing, I have one on one first hand experience with PG. I was back and forth between the 2 schools (always attended Atlanta) all throughout high school, which wasn't that long ago for me. Judging by what I've heard from some of my employees and their friends (graduated last year), nothing has changed.

I'm not hating on the team, or knocking you guys. I'm just being honest. I'm not making that an excuse for a dirty tackle, nor am I saying y'all are only good for having move-ins. I am just stating the obvious to apparently everyone in this area but you. If you ever wonder why everyone enjoyed beating PG so much, now you know. It just upsets them I guess that you guys are successful now. I could care less. Honestly looks like we will be in a different division next year anyways.

I still have friends in the area. I'm not wishing ill-fate on you guys. I pull for any team in our district until the end unless it benefits Atlanta (duh!). I hope y'all can go all the way and get you a ring. It just makes this area of Texas look that much better.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Nah y'all have always been arrogant. I mean, let's not play stupid to the fact that PG has been known as the "Rich Kids" school as far back as I'm sure any of us can remember. My brother graduated from PG. I'm all too familiar with it. 

That being said, I'm not trying to start an argument, but let's not be oblivious. They've always had the "we're better than you" mentality. People just now have a problem with it because they are finally actually better lol. We wanted to beat PG more than any other team in high school just for that reason though. 

I don't have a problem with you guys really. Like I said, my brother graduated from there. I just know how they act. Either way, I'm pulling for you guys to make it, or at least go deep in the playoffs. 

That is your opinion & you are welcome to it.  My family is not rich by any means & alot of my kids friends aren't either.  I am not going to argue with you & I am not oblivious to the mentality you speak of.  It doesn't exist at the level you express.  Heck,  my son played travel ball with four kids from Atlanta & I can honestly say that I saw more of that attitude from those Atlanta folk than I did the PG folk.  That said, it is what it is...........I just don't like being included in the stereotype.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PGHawkfan said:

That is your opinion & you are welcome to it.  My family is not rich by any means & alot of my kids friends aren't either.  I am not going to argue with you & I am not oblivious to the mentality you speak of.  It doesn't exist at the level you express.  Heck,  my son played travel ball with four kids from Atlanta & I can honestly say that I saw more of that attitude from those Atlanta folk than I did the PG folk.  That said, it is what it is...........I just don't like being included in the stereotype.

I'm just telling you the stereotype that is associated with the school. Of course they're not all bad. I'm just stating why people are the way they are towards PG.

I'm saying don't act like you don't know why people want to hate when you're winning. I can tell you why.

I had plenty of friends at PG. One's parents owned a few Wendy's, so we could go camp or w/e and we'd have a bunch of square patties to grill out and what not. I personally never had a problem with making friends from PG haha.

7 hours ago, Hawk20 said:

Depends on what you call a move in.  I think of move ins as kids who transfer to a school during their high school years specifically for the purpose of playing with that team.....not kids that moved into a town during elementary school and are growing up there.  If that is the case, then we are move ins because we moved here when my son was a 4th grader.  Very few kids live their entire life in one town anymore.

I coached that DE in 5th and 6th grade right here in PG and he played 7th & 8th grade at PG Middle. 

#40 was in Gilmer in 7th grade there in 8th and 9th hope he’s back soon. 

17 hours ago, PGHawkfan said:

I don't have a problem with PG folks more than I do with folks from other schools, I just enjoy the rivalry (which has really died down in recent years) but, Hellrazor is right about the typical view of PG. I am not condoning it, saying that it is the right thing, etc... but the fact remains that it is how PG is viewed. Heck, everyone I am friends with from PG even know that lol.

Honestly I hope that PG can continue to stay competitive.. looks like we may end up back in the same football district after this realignment. If PG can remain competitive it should heat the rivalry back up. PG athletic programs have made a huge stride in the last decade or so. People assume PG has always been the big dog in baseball due to recent success, but before 2008 we were the big dog in baseball, basketball, etc. 

Hawks gonna roll Spring Hill and roll again next week. I don't see anyone in the region giving them too great of a game other than a rematch with Buckeyes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WiseGuy said:

I don't have a problem with PG folks more than I do with folks from other schools, I just enjoy the rivalry (which has really died down in recent years) but, Hellrazor is right about the typical view of PG. I am not condoning it, saying that it is the right thing, etc... but the fact remains that it is how PG is viewed. Heck, everyone I am friends with from PG even know that lol.

Honestly I hope that PG can continue to stay competitive.. looks like we may end up back in the same football district after this realignment. If PG can remain competitive it should heat the rivalry back up. PG athletic programs have made a huge stride in the last decade or so. People assume PG has always been the big dog in baseball due to recent success, but before 2008 we were the big dog in baseball, basketball, etc. 

Hawks gonna roll Spring Hill and roll again next week. I don't see anyone in the region giving them too great of a game other than a rematch with Buckeyes.

I get where you are coming from but;  I have a problem with the statement made earlier about PG being arrogant.  There is no doubt that the "rich kid" view is there (always have and probably always will.)  Heck, they have had NOTHING to be arrogant about in the four or five years prior to this most recent run in football.  Now, more recently, they (or we) have expressed a lot of confidence.  That being said, confidence is being mistaken for arrogance.  If you look at most of the posts from the PG faithful, there ain't a whole lot of smack being talked.  I sincerely hope we are back in the same district next year.  The LE game has always been a lot of fun (even though we were often overmatched).  Ultimately, it doesn't matter how our team (or any team) is viewed outside of their respective community because there is nothing that can be done to stop it anyway.  Thanks for the kind words about the program & good luck the rest of the season for your team as well.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, PGDad said:

It's just sad to me that people are like that. I have never understood judgemental people.

Just from the snap shot day numbers, and going by the numbers from the last realignment, it appears that PG and Liberty-Eylau will be in the same district next season.  Altanta, Gladewater, and Spring Hill might all drop to 3A-D1 if the numbers stay where projected by Padilla.

14 minutes ago, PGHawkfan said:

I get where you are coming from but;  I have a problem with the statement made earlier about PG being arrogant.  There is no doubt that the "rich kid" view is there (always have and probably always will.)  Heck, they have had NOTHING to be arrogant about in the four or five years prior to this most recent run in football.  Now, more recently, they (or we) have expressed a lot of confidence.  That being said, confidence is being mistaken for arrogance.  If you look at most of the posts from the PG faithful, there ain't a whole lot of smack being talked.  I sincerely hope we are back in the same district next year.  The LE game has always been a lot of fun (even though we were often overmatched).  Ultimately, it doesn't matter how our team (or any team) is viewed outside of their respective community because there is nothing that can be done to stop it anyway.  Thanks for the kind words about the program & good luck the rest of the season for your team as well.

Blame the arrogance comments on PgDad. He just likes to stir the pot lol