Jump to content

Pleasant Grove vs Spring Hill Panthers @ Spring Hill


dhoop02
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 10/31/2017 at 12:56 PM, blackflag79 said:

As a fan of a team that has been good for a very long time, I can see that other teams will get the same kind of flack we got when we started having this successful run.  It's to be expected, I guess.  It's better to be good and hated, than the alternative.  The haters will definitely come out when you're winning.

It comes with the territory right Blackflag79!  We know how it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/31/2017 at 11:11 AM, PGDad said:

 

Yes, a mistake. I can get on board with that.

I guess I can assume that all of Atlanta has moonshine stills, next to their meth houses, and look forward to the day ya'll  share the community toothbrush?

Ya know, I hate when someone speaks for all of us. There are many types of people in PG. Some are of the types you mention but most are not "rich kids" or "holier than thou." You are falling into stereotyping people...children no less. I have taught all my children that everybody should get a chance: black, white, gay, straight, rich, poor, religious, or not. I don't know how to label your reaction...racism, classism, I don't know. But I do know this is why we as a country and people will continue to be divided. Try to look at people as individuals and not lumps of all your past experiences.

I know my place:)

Well then, get in the kitchen and make me a samitch! 😬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/31/2017 at 11:11 AM, PGDad said:

 

Yes, a mistake. I can get on board with that.

I guess I can assume that all of Atlanta has moonshine stills, next to their meth houses, and look forward to the day ya'll  share the community toothbrush?

Ya know, I hate when someone speaks for all of us. There are many types of people in PG. Some are of the types you mention but most are not "rich kids" or "holier than thou." You are falling into stereotyping people...children no less. I have taught all my children that everybody should get a chance: black, white, gay, straight, rich, poor, religious, or not. I don't know how to label your reaction...racism, classism, I don't know. But I do know this is why we as a country and people will continue to be divided. Try to look at people as individuals and not lumps of all your past experiences.

I know my place:)

Get it PGDad. I'm nowhere near PG. Definitely not rolling in dough, but this is the second time in two days on two different threads that someone has put a school on front street because they "rich and white". Football threads are nowhere for racism and classism debates. Freaking kids we are discussing. Good to see someone stand up against blanket statements. Just turned me into a PG fan. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

People living in PG considered RICH?  What a laugh.  Having the mom and dad both working at Red River and living in a $100,000 track house does not make you rich.  Now where I went to high school in Houston,  (Memorial),  that is frickin RICH!  But i guess in an area where everybody is dirt poor,  then they must look rich.  LOL.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Slimbodine said:

People living in PG considered RICH?  What a laugh.  Having the mom and dad both working at Red River and living in a $100,000 track house does not make you rich.  Now where I went to high school in Houston,  (Memorial),  that is frickin RICH!  But i guess in an area where everybody is dirt poor,  then they must look rich.  LOL.

Doesn't take a lot to reach "rich" status in Norteast Texas brother. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, bulldog1068 said:

Good luck to P G on this one and I hope you don't have to deal with the clock operator conveniently shutting the jumbo tron down, but you will have to deal with their announcer.

This guy is hard to listen to if your the opponent. 

 

 

Hawk Nation is going to show up and show out! We get loud loud loud so hopefully, we can drown him out. Plus, we hear similar things about our announcer but we love him! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:28 AM, playactionpass39 said:

What?

That is a RED CARD in soccer all day long and should have been an ejection. Studs up slide tackles are a NO, NO in all sports, but you can't kick or trip in American FOOTBALL

Actually, tripping to tackle is allowed. Antonio Graves was tackled from behind in the Ashdown game, I believe of '09, would have had a touchdown, and no flag. We were all calling for the penalty, turns out WE were misinformed. It was NOT a penalty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, futfan said:

Actually, tripping to tackle is allowed. Antonio Graves was tackled from behind in the Ashdown game, I believe of '09, would have had a touchdown, and no flag. We were all calling for the penalty, turns out WE were misinformed. It was NOT a penalty.

it is a penalty as of 2016

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, futfan said:

Actually, tripping to tackle is allowed. Antonio Graves was tackled from behind in the Ashdown game, I believe of '09, would have had a touchdown, and no flag. We were all calling for the penalty, turns out WE were misinformed. It was NOT a penalty.

Not anymore.

Tripping the Ball Carrier (Rule 9-1-2-c) FR-87 Delete the Exception. Add the following: “Tripping is intentionally using the lower leg or foot to obstruct an opponent below the knees. (Rule 2-28)” Comments: Affords the ball carrier the same protection from tripping that other players have had for many years.

Tripping or slide tackling is illegal as of 2016

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, playactionpass39 said:

Not anymore.

Tripping the Ball Carrier (Rule 9-1-2-c) FR-87 Delete the Exception. Add the following: “Tripping is intentionally using the lower leg or foot to obstruct an opponent below the knees. (Rule 2-28)” Comments: Affords the ball carrier the same protection from tripping that other players have had for many years.

Tripping or slide tackling is illegal as of 2016

I just got to that part. Thanks for the clarification

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find the "stereotype" of PG to be humorous, but only because it is a class envy issue perpetuated by the perceived attitudes of some of the residents.

A lot of us are regular middle class, hard working, would do anything for our kids parents like many other schools. The school district, because of demographics, contains a higher percentage of people making above average income, but every school district has a similar percentages of people who are Donkey's rear ends, just for different reasons.

I love it here, because the people my kids grew up with, the ones we chose as our friends, were friendly respectable people who brought their kids up with manners. Kids that I see to this day, and say Hi, and Sir, and would make their momma proud.

If you got soured by a couple of bad apples, sorry. Nobody likes to be judged by other's actions, and that goes both ways.

 

Hawks are going to take care of business, and the district picture should clear up more with the GW PITT game as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/31/2017 at 9:23 AM, PGDad said:

That's silly, presumptuous, and a one-sided blind opinion based on what? Bias? Prejudice? Stereotypical thinking? Unless you know every student, parent, and coach, I suggest you STFU and get a real opinion. I haven't heard much if any smack talk from PG...just truth. 

You're obviously uninformed. Most of our seniors have been in the PG system since elementary and have been winning ever since. The class of 2018 was undefeated in Middle School and set many records. From baseball tourneys to Milk Bowl Champions, this team is filled with winners. I can think of maybe one move in from a few years ago but nothing that would change our success. We have players for days that step up and fill the gaps when needed. So, basically get a clue and post something worthwhile because you absolutely don't know what you're talking about.

I've known these boys since they began sports I have coached some of them from 3rd grade in football and baseball. These kids have played together for years. They lost Isiah Phillips and Conner Keener who were both part of the middle school team that went undefeated 7th and 8th and only allowed 1 single touchdown to L.E. If Phillips and Keener are still on this team they would be blowing out every team in district.     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...