Hooks vs DeKalb

DKBear123

1 hour ago, DKBear123 said:

Hooks win and they are in the playoffs loss they are out.

DK win puts them in 2nd if New Diana loses to Daingerfield. A loss here and no playoffs for DeKalb.

Who wins? 

Not disagreeing, but it's not the last week of the season. How do you figure either team out of the playoffs with a loss? 

It would knock both teams to 3 losses in District and Hooks would have the tie breaker on them. If DF was to get beat by OC in the last week of the season, which ain’t happening, it would throw a monkey wrench into the mix.

How I see it:

If ND was to lose, DF is District champion. 

if ND wins, they still have to beat Pewitt last week. 

If Hooks beats Dekalb, Hooks is in and Dekalb is out.

DF could finish 1 or 2

ND could finish 1,2,3 or 4

Dekalb could finish 2nd or out

Pewitt could finish 2,3 or 4

Hooks could finish 4 or out

OC is out barring a miracle

QC can air up the basketballs

This game to me comes down to two simple factors for Hooks.

1) Can the Defense slow down Jackson and just allow a 150-200 yards and 2-3 TD's. Your not gonna stop a talented kid like him, just hope to contain or slow down. I think if Hooks can keep the big plays to a minimum and keep the Bears under 30 they can win.

2) Hooks has to minimize the mistakes on offense. There are times the best defense against Hooks is Hooks. Cant have any bad snaps or false starts.

DeKalb D played a lot better vs Pewitt. DK offense had a fumble inside their own 20 and threw a very questionable interception that gave Pewitt another short field. DeKalb also fumbled the opening kickoff of the 2nd half giving Pewitt a short field to work with. Hooks couldn't stop DK's run game last year with a much better defense. Give me DeKalb by 14. 

9 minutes ago, DKBear123 said:

DeKalb D played a lot better vs Pewitt. DK offense had a fumble inside their own 20 and threw a very questionable interception that gave Pewitt another short field. DeKalb also fumbled the opening kickoff of the 2nd half giving Pewitt a short field to work with. Hooks couldn't stop DK's run game last year with a much better defense. Give me DeKalb by 14. 

I cant argue with that logic DKBear. I promise that last years defense was more talented. This defense seems more disciplined and that can make a huge difference, at times.

• Like 1