WHO IS BEST EQUIPPED TO STOP GUNTER

blueflu

Why don't you tell us a little about them. Where are they located? What kind of offense and defense do they run? What quality wins do they have this year? Do they have any potential College players? Are they fast? Thank you in advance for some information on your team!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueDuroc said:

Gunter is located 8 miles North of Celina! I'm sure you have heard of them.

Yes. I've heard of them, but didn't have a clue where they were located. Didn't watch the State game last year and have no idea if they are a passing team or running team or what there tendencies are.

2 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Yes. I've heard of them, but didn't have a clue where they were located. Didn't watch the State game last year and have no idea if they are a passing team or running team or what there tendencies are.

Very well coached football team that will hit you in the mouth for 4 quarters.

2 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

Very well coached football team that will hit you in the mouth for 4 quarters.

That is correct.  Play like a well oiled machine, very disciplined with few mistakes.  Mostly run the ball, but will pass when needed.  The defense will swarm to the ball, If I'm not mistaken only 7 points have been scored on the defense in district this year.  Impressive team for sure.

Honestly I think Daingerfield can pull out the win if they meet up. Unless you seen Dfield in the last month, you don't have a clue how Waldie has righted this ship. Kinda happy for the kids. Tough playing in Titletown. These boys will get more and more respect as the weeks go on. 

• Like 1

Gunter handed ranked Pottsboro their first loss of the season. Anyone who knows reg 2 div 1 knows Pottsboro ain’t no cake walk. They’ve been the reigning district champion in that area since the 2010 season, also posting solid post season wins year in and out. They beat Pottsboro 26-0. Gunter has also handily beat Howe (50-12), Whitesboro (52-13), and Pilot Point (43-11). Pottsboro and all these teams are div 1 district 5 teams and Gunter moped them up. WR defense is turning out pretty stout and you need a stout D to match Gunters stout D. I’d say Gunter makes it all the way again to battle either Lexington, Newton, or WR in the state finals.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Gunter handed ranked Pottsboro their first loss of the season. Anyone who knows reg 2 div 1 knows Pottsboro ain’t no cake walk. They’ve been the reigning district champion in that area since the 2010 season, also posting solid post season wins year in and out. They beat Pottsboro 26-0. Gunter has also handily beat Howe (50-12), Whitesboro (52-13), and Pilot Point (43-11). Pottsboro and all these teams are div 1 district 5 teams and Gunter moped them up. WR defense is turning out pretty stout and you need a stout D to match Gunters stout D. I’d say Gunter makes it all the way again to battle either Lexington, Newton, or WR in the state finals.

Sounds like they are pretty tough Racer. Tough, well coached, hard nosed football team. Sounds like my Harmony Eagles. Racer, Harmony whipped your boys pretty good. How do you think they would fare if matched up with the Mighty Gunter?

42 minutes ago, BRAHMLAND said:

Honestly I think Daingerfield can pull out the win if they meet up. Unless you seen Dfield in the last month, you don't have a clue how Waldie has righted this ship. Kinda happy for the kids. Tough playing in Titletown. These boys will get more and more respect as the weeks go on. 

Hell Nall...almost made me swollow my snuff on that one.

23 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

East Bernard will make a case also

7 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Sounds like they are pretty tough Racer. Tough, well coached, hard nosed football team. Sounds like my Harmony Eagles. Racer, Harmony whipped your boys pretty good. How do you think they would fare if matched up with the Mighty Gunter?

You like to rub it in I see. I don’t remember any WO posters rubbing it in like you do when we spanked y’all consistently. I’ll remember it though and really rub it back in later years. Bask in Harmonies glory of defeating the mighty necks that have beat y’all every year except a couple since kingdom come. WO has gotten better since the loss to y’all, and they’re running hood a lot up the middle, which they didn’t do in pre season because he’s been injured each year. IMHO Pottsboro should be better than White Oak and for Gunter to shut them out says a lot. Harmonee would/should give em a good game but just honestly don’t see anyone beating them until the finals maybe. Their D is pretty darn good. My understanding is they are a running team.