WHO IS BEST EQUIPPED TO STOP GUNTER

blueflu

1 hour ago, JV_COACH said:

I do not know, but you are asking questions about one of the best teams in the state this year that won state last year as if they are some jonny come lately's. So whatever I suggest I am sure will fall on deaf ears.

Not true. I'e been following 2a ball which is now 3a ball for about 15 years. Mainly Region 3 and I can honestly say I have never heard of Gunter until last year. Maybe they have been a small school power for years and I didn' know it? Being just north of the Metroplex I'm sure they are in a high growth area, so it makes sense if they just started winning in recent years.

Gunter has been a dominant force in many sports, especially football and baseball since the mid 80's.  They moved from AA to AAA in the mid 1990's and have made the playoffs in football every year since 1999.  The baseball team has been in the playoffs every year since 1985.  Not many teams in Texas, if any, can match those stats.

11 minutes ago, blueflu said:

I think Dangerfield is better than everybody is saying.  very humble fan base. Very young and talented.

We're goin to give whoever we play fits.  Watched gunter last year and they was tough. Long way till then and there is a few teams in reg 2 that could go a looooong way. Good luck to everyone trying to knock them off their thrown. Will be a tough task for anyone.

5 hours ago, blueflu said:

I think Dangerfield is on Gunter's schedule next year.  Heard maybe first game, nuetral site.

I'm for that, but I hate to lose Pottsboro, Whitesboro, or Pilot Point off our schedule.  Or Howe either, even though they are down this particular year.

Maybe Harmony. Dist 7 has no D power house teams at all. A couple of good one but not far if any above average. Harmony is way above average.  I have not seen hunter but if they play as well as everybody says, they should take region 2.  Anything can happen in HS playoff games

On 10/31/2017 at 8:13 PM, Eagles97 said:

They run the Triple option out of the shot gun.  Same offense waskom won back to back with.  Very good at what the do.  

Watched the SC game last year. The QB was a beast, but primarily the only ball carrier the entire game. Boling could not stop him.  Don't see anyone in our District competing for THE trophy this year.

On 11/2/2017 at 10:54 AM, eagle34 said:

Not true. I'e been following 2a ball which is now 3a ball for about 15 years. Mainly Region 3 and I can honestly say I have never heard of Gunter until last year. Maybe they have been a small school power for years and I didn' know it? Being just north of the Metroplex I'm sure they are in a high growth area, so it makes sense if they just started winning in recent years.

They have been a playoff team for a long time, remember we knocked them out in either '13 or '14.

Is anybody posting in this thread for sure out of the playoffs? Reason I'm asking, I'd invite Y'all out to watch Harmony's bi-district game. I'd like a extra set of eyes besides the homer ones of us Harmony exes. Our schedule has been weak. I'll admit that. Waskom and White Oak have been our toughest tests of the season. I think we're good. This might be the best Harmony defense I've ever seen. But then again is it the schedule or are we that good?