Tiger1995

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On October 22, 2017 at 8:44 PM, KirtFalcon said:

It makes no sense counting them ... that class has zero impact on the competition the next two years unlike the incoming 8th graders ....

You're absolutely right.  Ridiculous.  Since in urban areas, kids from Jr High can go to several HS's, I wonder why the knuckleheads don't use 9-11 and adjust classification numbers for three grades.  Good grief, a little common sense please.  But no, counting kids that won't be here is how we've always done it, and even though it's stupid, ridiculous, and asinine, we ain't a gonna change.  Bet some of those UIL folks could get Fed Govt jobs.  :). 

And, as pointed out in an earlier post, doesn't affect big schools much, but classes in smaller schools vary a lot percentage wise.  Classes at Evadale average 38.75, but my G'daughters class of 2015 only had 26.  That's a significant 30+% difference.

4 minutes ago, REBgp said:

You're absolutely right.  Ridiculous.  Since in urban areas, kids from Jr High can go to several HS's, I wonder why the knuckleheads don't use 9-11 and adjust classification numbers for three grades.  Good grief, a little common sense please.  But no, counting kids that won't be here is how we've always done it, and even though it's stupid, ridiculous, and asinine, we ain't a gonna change.  Bet some of those UIL folks could get Fed Govt jobs.  :). 

And, as pointed out in an earlier post, doesn't affect big schools much, but classes in smaller schools vary a lot percentage wise.  Classes at Evadale average 38.75, but my G'daughters class of 2015 only had 26.  That's a significant 30+% difference.

Wow, you know how to do percentages? Has WH1 been tutoring you? 

Just now, trueblue82 said:

Wow, you know how to do percentages? Has WH1 been tutoring you? 

Lmbo, would you believe I went to the Internet lol?  Only reason I got close was small numbers so just divided by three.  Shortcut.  Funny thing was I checked it twice.  Figured WH1 would ban me for being mentally incompetent if I got it wrong lol.

A little out of Smoaky's coverage area but there is a chance that Silsbee drops to Div II...

If the line holds where it is at 785 for Div 1

Snapshot:  784

Would make things interesting again down here if that happens and Jasper moves back to Region III.

Power district possible with Jasper, Silsbee, WOS and whoever else gets thrown in.

• Tubaman2018 changed the title to 4A-2 Region 1: District 4
  • RETIREDFAN1 pinned this topic
  • Mr. P unpinned and unpinned this topic
  • Mr. P locked this topic