Winnsboro @ Mineola 11/10

chevyman

Either team could win. Mineola has to quit giving up the big play. Has been a problem all year long. The Offense had their worse game Friday. The second half the passing game gave them a chance. Had linemen hurt and it showed. Winnie can't get behind and come back. No passing game. Toss up

59 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Nothing new. Winnsboro has never had much of a passing game. The coaches do not believe in it. It is run every play and just variation on that.

Yea I've know your coach for a while. Neither does Mineola but they hire a offense coordinator and he has put the passing game in. Watch them some this year and if they let him I think it will be good next year.

Interested to see how the mindset of each team will be. Winny coming off of a bye after a tough loss where it appeared to dash playoff hopes only to have them reemerge due to a jacket loss. Mineola coming off of a tough loss themselves so now they are thrust into a must win to return to the postseason. It will come down to who shows up and executes and who wants it more.

I heard there would be no upgrade in football field or field house.  That facility is one of the oldest, run down, hole in the dirt places in Texas.  Their visitors locker room is a dungeon with the hangman dressed up like Elvis.   It would be sad if they can't find a little of that 31 million to put into a reputable football program.  BTW Coaches believe in what works for them, if it ain't broke? 

2 hours ago, coach5076 said:

I heard there would be no upgrade in football field or field house.  That facility is one of the oldest, run down, hole in the dirt places in Texas.  Their visitors locker room is a dungeon with the hangman dressed up like Elvis.   It would be sad if they can't find a little of that 31 million to put into a reputable football program.  BTW Coaches believe in what works for them, if it ain't broke? 

That visitor locker room has been that way since the late 80’s!  I agree it would be nice to get some $ to spruce up the stadium.  I’m just glad the residents of Winnsboro passed it.  Long overdue.

4 hours ago, coach5076 said:

https://1.cdn.edl.io/2mukcOLYGlvwfbSELf3VKTKmlov1J2CfJD8ZhHPrfiHWxYFr.pdf

Future fields planned........I believe that after the new HS is completed that the district would look at a new field. Congrats to WISD on the bond passing......Mineola bond for new HS and re-configuring of other schools failed. 

As for the game........the Jackets are hurting. Might not have 20 suited up   

Ir ia about 10 years past due. The football stadium and field house is one of the worst in East Texas, I will have to agree. With another 10-15 million Winnsboro could have an athletic facility that they would be proud of. They are getting a new baseball and softball field another two things that are long overdue.

1 hour ago, BigRedFan said:

Ir ia about 10 years past due. The football stadium and field house is one of the worst in East Texas, I will have to agree. With another 10-15 million Winnsboro could have an athletic facility that they would be proud of. They are getting a new baseball and softball field another two things that are long overdue.

It was a pretty good stretch just to get the amount that was proposed so i have a hard time thinking that anymore would have been possible. The baseball field in my opinion was(is) very nice but since the school will be being built on it, there was no other choice. I myself am thrilled for this bond to pass and for the kids to be able to gain access to a new facility with many more opportunities. As far as a new football field and fieldhouse, yes it may be needed but in the grand scheme is alot farther down the list compared to the school. If the day comes that we have that opportunity, i will be thrilled but until then i am very excited for the new school.

2 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

https://1.cdn.edl.io/2mukcOLYGlvwfbSELf3VKTKmlov1J2CfJD8ZhHPrfiHWxYFr.pdf

Future fields planned........I believe that after the new HS is completed that the district would look at a new field. Congrats to WISD on the bond passing......Mineola bond for new HS and re-configuring of other schools failed. 

As for the game........the Jackets are hurting. Might not have 20 suited up   

The spot for future football field is set, but it is not part of this bond.  It won't happen for another 20 years.

So heres my take

They will have to have some kind of field house built with the new school. 6-8 are going to move to the old high school. So the junior high boys and high school boys can't all fit in the field house. The boys lockeroom in the gym is also not big enough and not in the best shape. So i think they will have to use some of the money on a dressing room for the boys. Also with the new school being so far from the football field something will need to be built close to the new high school.

Also chevyman, the baseball field is in decent shape. But the outfield needed to be redone, because it was so rough and still floods all the way around. Honestly they needed to move the fences in, but now it won't matter. The new field will be on a hill, unless the level some stuff out.