Gunter (5-0) @ Leonard (5-0)

blueflu

I think this might be the toughest test for the Gunter defense all season from a pure scoring perspective - as Leonard is the highest-scoring offense Gunter will face all regular season.  This could say a lot more about the strength of Gunter's schedule this year than it does about the Leonard offense though.  So far, it's been hard to tell just how good Gunter is.  They are doing what they are supposed to be doing, but they just haven't really been tested outside of Pottsboro.  In district, Gunter is outscoring their opponents about 56-2, and the games haven't even been anywhere near as close as those scores.  The starters are gone and the clock is running early in the second half in most of these games.  It seems everyone on the schedule including non-district is having a down year - except Gunter.  Or, they are just pretty darn good this year (or some combination of the two).  It's just hard to tell.  I don't think the Leonard offense will challenge Gunter much.  The offenses Gunter has faced aren't lighting anyone up, but Gunter is completely shutting them down.  You can't hold an offense to fewer than 0 points, and that's just what the Gunter starters have been doing in district this year.  I have a feeling they'd be shutting out more potent offenses as well if they faced them.

Gunter 50

Leonard 7