Gilmer vs. Pittsburg

PirateStadium

Pittsburg / Gilmer?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Pittsburg or Gilmer?

• Pittsburg
    • Gilmer

42 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

How do u come up with that if Pittsburgh handled y’all pretty easy and y’all gave us all that we wanted just trying to see where ur logic comes from 

We just don't show up to play Pitt. Baca has our number. I'm not trying to be jerk, but I wasn't impressed with Pitt. Atlanta had one of the most undisciplined games I've ever seen. They were fighting and getting PFs all night. 

This is the same story as last year, and the year before. Pitt has just beat Atl like a drum since Baca has been there. I don't get it. Look at last year. We beat Tatum pretty handily, beat PG, and both of those teams donkey-stomped Pitt. 2014 - Atlanta gave L-E all the wanted, to the final seconds. L-E shut out Pitt, and Pitt drummed us at home. It makes no sense, but Pitt knows just how to prepare for us. 

Also, Pitt has a very small team, or they did against us. Like a little over 20 kids on varsity. I think I counted 24 or 25. 

9 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

We just don't show up to play Pitt. Baca has our number. I'm not trying to be jerk, but I wasn't impressed with Pitt. Atlanta had one of the most undisciplined games I've ever seen. They were fighting and getting PFs all night. 

This is the same story as last year, and the year before. Pitt has just beat Atl like a drum since Baca has been there. I don't get it. Look at last year. We beat Tatum pretty handily, beat PG, and both of those teams donkey-stomped Pitt. 2014 - Atlanta gave L-E all the wanted, to the final seconds. L-E shut out Pitt, and Pitt drummed us at home. It makes no sense, but Pitt knows just how to prepare for us. 

Also, Pitt has a very small team, or they did against us. Like a little over 20 kids on varsity. I think I counted 24 or 25. 

Oh I understand I just think this is a bad matchup for us what scare me is that we haven’t really faced a QB that can scrabble and throw and with our defense that will be an issue because we haven’t gotten a lot of pressure on the QB this yr and how we got carved up by y’all and gladewater I think Pitt has more playmakers than both no offense 

It's at Pittsburg.  If Pitt has a small varsity team numbers wise, I'll take Gilmer.  Gilmer can still play at a fast pace and run enough plays to totally wear out a team.  Gilmer may not be as deep as in year's past, but they still go pretty deep.  So I'll take Gilmer.

I would like to see Granville (#20) on the field more on defense.  He impressed Friday night.  Would also like to see more of Ward (#24) on defense.  Would like to see some packages with Bates (#3) and Webb (#7) on offense at same time.  Maybe Bates some at slot receiver.  He's got great speed, would like to see them try to get him deep on a go route or run the jet sweep with him. 

Last game before playoffs.  Would really like to see Gilmer start to come together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CasualObserver70 said:

It's at Pittsburg.  If Pitt has a small varsity team numbers wise, I'll take Gilmer.  Gilmer can still play at a fast pace and run enough plays to totally wear out a team.  Gilmer may not be as deep as in year's past, but they still go pretty deep.  So I'll take Gilmer.

I would like to see Granville (#20) on the field more on defense.  He impressed Friday night.  Would also like to see more of Ward (#24) on defense.  Would like to see some packages with Bates (#3) and Webb (#7) on offense at same time.  Maybe Bates some at slot receiver.  He's got great speed, would like to see them try to get him deep on a go route or run the jet sweep with him. 

Last game before playoffs.  Would really like to see Gilmer start to come together.

Agree with everything you said. Especially the jet sweep with Bates. We have hardly ran the jet sweep all year and we have the players to do it. Just hope the defense shows some life.

If Burns (#16) and Jimmerson (#2) are fully healthy, Pitt will score a lot. If they're at full health they are a force, and I think have been underrated all year due to a sluggish start. That said, I know Gilmer is always a very good team, even with their flaws. 

Pitt - 49

Gilmer - 42

3 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Oh I understand I just think this is a bad matchup for us what scare me is that we haven’t really faced a QB that can scrabble and throw and with our defense that will be an issue because we haven’t gotten a lot of pressure on the QB this yr and how we got carved up by y’all and gladewater I think Pitt has more playmakers than both no offense 

wait until you see Melissa's qb then...

16 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

You saw one in the first game of the year. He threw for 400 yards against yall lol

16 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Their QB is a play maker, but in my eyes, he's not any better of a thrower than L-E's QB, or Atlanta's with how he played last week. He's mobile but doesn't have breakneck type speed. You've seen QBs like him this season. If his running lanes are clogged, he will just throw it up more times than not, to try and let his receiver make a play. I don't ever look for that to be a good thing. 

We only threw the ball 6 times in the Atlanta game and run through them all night. Pitt has a good team, not great but has found a way to win 6 games this year and hardly anybody has picked them to win any of those games. They are very young with mostly juniors a freshman and some sophomores . All the play makers are juniors and played the last few games banged up a bit. # 16 did not play at all last week and not sure if he plays Friday and the Q B is still not at 100%. I think this will be another track meet but Pitt has a better defense than Atlanta and a much better offense so look out Gilmer.

29 minutes ago, bulldog1068 said:

We only threw the ball 6 times in the Atlanta game and run through them all night. Pitt has a good team, not great but has found a way to win 6 games this year and hardly anybody has picked them to win any of those games. They are very young with mostly juniors a freshman and some sophomores . All the play makers are juniors and played the last few games banged up a bit. # 16 did not play at all last week and not sure if he plays Friday and the Q B is still not at 100%. I think this will be another track meet but Pitt has a better defense than Atlanta and a much better offense so look out Gilmer.

"Better" is pretty skeptical. Yea y'all drummed us, but it's been that way for the past 3 seasons. Then we generally beat teams Pitt can't. Not sure what it is about Pitt, but since Baca has been there, it hasn't even been close, even the years we go 4 deep in the playoffs.

Atlanta is definitely not the same team they were 3 weeks ago. The Atlanta team that played Pitt wouldn't have put up 600+ yards of offense on ANYBODY, regardless of how "good" their defense was. We didn't even do that to New Boston. We literally didn't get a first down against Pitt until almost the 2nd half. 

But I mean if Pitt is so much better than Atlanta, then this game won't even be close, because Atlanta was a frog hair away from getting a W last Friday. 

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Their QB is a play maker, but in my eyes, he's not any better of a thrower than L-E's QB, or Atlanta's with how he played last week. He's mobile but doesn't have breakneck type speed. You've seen QBs like him this season. If his running lanes are clogged, he will just throw it up more times than not, to try and let his receiver make a play. I don't ever look for that to be a good thing. 

He’s way better than y’all Qb and I looked at his stats when they played y’all he didn’t have to throw because the running back killed y’all but I did see him destroy y’all last yr but looking at his highlights he runs better than any QB we have faced 

16 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

He’s way better than y’all Qb and I looked at his stats when they played y’all he didn’t have to throw because the running back killed y’all but I did see him destroy y’all last yr but looking at his highlights he runs better than any QB we have faced 

It's one it those things you just have to see. Yeah I'm very aware of what happened when Atlanta played them, you don't have to remind me lol. That big WR Pitt had on the outside destroyed us more than anything last year. When you have a threat like that on the outside, the middle of the field just stayed wide open. We didn't have anyone that could, or would, tackle him one on one. 

I have just grown accustomed to the fact I can't gauge Atlanta on the Pitt game anymore. It's the most lopsided matchup I've seen in the past 3 seasons. They blow right through an Atlanta defense that even Gilmer could only put up 24 on when they had loads of D1 talent. We allowed as many points to Pitt in 1 game as we did 4 playoff games in 2015. It's amazing really. 

I'm not saying the kid isn't good. I'm saying he isn't head and shoulders more threatening than other QBs you've faced this season. I'd be far more worried about the run game in general, because that seems to be where Gilmer struggles the most I think. If Pitts RB plays, it's going to be tough.

And to add to how good our QB is, just keep in mind, he played both ways the entire game against Gilmer. That kid is a stud, he's just a better position player than QB. We don't have any other options right now however. He's still not a bad QB though.