Gilmer vs. Pittsburg

PirateStadium

Pittsburg / Gilmer?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Pittsburg or Gilmer?

• Pittsburg
    • Gilmer

The numbers are down for what reason I'm not sure but the varsity is comprised of mostly juniors, sophomores, and even a couple freshmen. I had heard that Baca moved some of the j v ers to varsity this week. I know the stud freshman Q B will be suited up tonight.

12 hours ago, Acewell said:

He will if you give him too much time while containing.

They will let him sling it on 4th down too.

1 hour ago, blackflag79 said:

The numbers were low for the Pitt teams.  I think I counted about 17 or 18 players on both teams.  You'd think they would have better numbers coming out for football than that.

Wait till you see their varsity. I think I counted 24/25 when we played them.

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

LOL

I’ve watched you bash Pitt all year on here so I️ figured it was time to post for the first time.   Those 24 kids whipped the mess out of your rabbits!   You say the QB isn’t anything special because you haven’t seen him do anything.    Pitt ran the same play over and over and beat y’all to death.   The other teams in the district have seen him because they had to do other things rather than run 2 plays to beat them.    You laugh at the demographics and I guess you can do that however we beat you every year in football, futbol, basketball, and baseball so I️ guess we have enough firepower from it.    Next year y’all play your little 3A football and see if y’all can make the playoffs.    You aren’t this year.    I’ve seen both of y’all play.   Y’all dont have enough to beat SH!    

18 minutes ago, Pittbacker said:

I’ve watched you bash Pitt all year on here so I️ figured it was time to post for the first time.   Those 24 kids whipped the mess out of your rabbits!   You say the QB isn’t anything special because you haven’t seen him do anything.    Pitt ran the same play over and over and beat y’all to death.   The other teams in the district have seen him because they had to do other things rather than run 2 plays to beat them.    You laugh at the demographics and I guess you can do that however we beat you every year in football, futbol, basketball, and baseball so I️ guess we have enough firepower from it.    Next year y’all play your little 3A football and see if y’all can make the playoffs.    You aren’t this year.    I’ve seen both of y’all play.   Y’all dont have enough to beat SH!    

Drops mic.....

If Spring Hill was at full strength I would have to agree, but the player(s) that will be missing this game will have a definitive impact.  I was definitely leaning toward SH winning, but I now see it as a probable Atlanta win, although I wouldn't be surprised either way.

53 minutes ago, Pittbacker said:

I haven't bashed Pitt at all this year. I simply stated, they have a small team. Do they not? I literally counted how many kids they had on their team. I mean, if you were someone from a different school, and you know that Pitt literally just dropped from D1 to D2, would you find it odd they only had a little over 20 kids on  the football team? Also, if there are only that many kids on the team, wouldn't you think they'd have depth issues. That would play a role in a football game, would it not? That's why I posted it, not to bash Pitt. I don't bash anybody, I just tell the truth about what I see. If you can't take that, maybe you shouldn't be here. 

If you DID read everything I said, which it's very apparent you didn't read it very thoroughly if you did, you'd see that I've probably posted that Pitt beat us like a drum 20 times. There's no denying it, and why would I want to? It's true. I haven't denied it the past 3 years. 

Also, I didn't say he wasn't anything special. He's a good ball player, and you won't find me say that he's not, in any of my posts.  I said he's not a superstar unlike Gilmer has seen this year. Gilmer has played some good teams, some with some good QBs. I, myself, did not see anything out of the Pitt QB that I didn't see in the L-E QB. That's what I saw, personally. I speak from my personal experiences. But you will never find a single post where I said he wasn't anything special because I didn't see him do anything. I've seen him play twice, mind you. 

Let this be a lesson, that maybe you should read posts more thoroughly, and maybe ask more questions, instead of misinterpreting what someone said, and trying to put them on blast. Yes, I laughed at them saying the demographics were leaning more towards soccer, as I thought it was a joke. Is soccer seriously the biggest sport in Pittsburg now?

Also, this is where I won't be nice. You can say what you want to about Atlanta going to "little 3A." We're not going to 3A because we're not good enough for 4A. We're going to 3A because we're losing kids. If you find that funny, then you have a problem. Beings Pitt just moved from D1 to D2, I'd say they probably have 200 more kids than Atlanta? And you want to brag about it? Let me tell you something, Atlanta has a history of skulling Pitt in football and track. You don't believe me? Look at the record. So you've beat us 3 years in a row. We have a LONG history of beating Pitt, even if they were AND STILL ARE a bigger school, which matters.  

Don't let my post deter you from staying, as I even said earlier this week, that I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm not bashing Pitt, and I haven't bashed them. I gave everyone an honest assessment on what I saw from Pitt. I'm very aware that Pitt only had to run a hand full of plays to beat Atlanta. It's been that way for 3 years. Even with our best teams, it's that way. With that being said, I feel like there are some things that Atlanta has that you didn't get to see, so maybe you don't know all that you THINK you know. Good luck tonight!

Edit: It's also November, and we've been playing football since August, so that's only about 2 1/2 months I could have been talking about Pitt "all year." But, that wouldn't be true either, as I don't really talk about Pitt until someone brings them up, or I just form an opinion on a certain game about them. 

Pitt's numbers are down for whatever reason , we suit up about 27 on varsity but we have almost never had more than 30 even when we were D1. Mt. Pleasant is over 70% Hispanic and soccer is their game and it seems that is getting to be the trend in Pittsburg. These two towns are only 12 miles apart so I can see the similarities there. Pitt has a really good coaching staff even at times we sometimes disagree on their style but the kids play hard for them. I just hope we start a little faster than all the previous games because you can't let Gilmer get too far out in front. We have been behind in nearly every game this year but we cannot do that tonight. 

2 hours ago, Pittbacker said:

Ain't nothing wrong with little 3A football...

Jus saying

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I never bashed Pitt. A lot of what he is saying, is completely misinterpreted or false altogether. 

That’s right you only bash Mcclure.     On numerous occasions however on different topics you have said you weren’t impressed with Pitt blah blah blah.    Yet got skull drug by them.     No misinterpretation here.    Full understanding of what you spout all day long every day.     

14 minutes ago, Pittbacker said:

That’s right you only bash Mcclure.     On numerous occasions however on different topics you have said you weren’t impressed with Pitt blah blah blah.    Yet got skull drug by them.     No misinterpretation here.    Full understanding of what you spout all day long every day.     

I don't bash McClure either. I don't even say his name. I haven't bashed any coaches. Yes, I question what's being done when we play like we did against Pitt. We laid several dirty hits on Pitt players that were uncalled for, and the reactions from our players seemed like they didn't care. It was disgusting. Nobody wants to see that. But, I've given the coaching staff and team praise when do are doing well too. 

Also, me not being impressed isn't bashing the team either. I can give you an example of bashing if you'd like, if it would help clear things up for you. I see A LOT of football games, involving A LOT of different schools, and watch A LOT of film, so me being impressed isn't bashing a team when I see state caliber teams constantly. 

But, thank you for admitting you were wrong. 

50 minutes ago, bulldog1068 said:

Pitt's numbers are down for whatever reason , we suit up about 27 on varsity but we have almost never had more than 30 even when we were D1. Mt. Pleasant is over 70% Hispanic and soccer is their game and it seems that is getting to be the trend in Pittsburg. These two towns are only 12 miles apart so I can see the similarities there. Pitt has a really good coaching staff even at times we sometimes disagree on their style but the kids play hard for them. I just hope we start a little faster than all the previous games because you can't let Gilmer get too far out in front. We have been behind in nearly every game this year but we cannot do that tonight. 

I only bring up the amount of players on the team because it's uncommon, in my opinion, to see a team of Pitts size with that few of players, and it could spell disaster as far as depth goes. I don't bash Pitt for not having a lot of players, I'm just pointing it out. It only adds to the anomaly that they're close to MP, and MP has been struggling in football for a good while now.

Anyways Pittbacker, regardless of what you think of my posts, or me, good luck to Pittsburg tonight. I don't wish ill-fate on anyone's team, and I don't bash them. I'm sorry you feel that way about it. I'm just critical. More so of my own team than any others.