Gilmer vs. Pittsburg

PirateStadium

Pittsburg / Gilmer?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Pittsburg or Gilmer?

• Pittsburg
    • Gilmer

Could be 22-10. Brown underthrew Jones in the end zone and safety made a good play on the ball. Gilmer defense has played better this game. Offense needs to keep best players on the field. I know they like to spread it around, but gotta have Webb out there. Glad to see they are targeting Lusty again. Great routes, great hands. 

Okay, some quick observations about the game. 

1. Gilmer defense played better, much better.  In fact, on 2 of the Pitt TDs, Gilmer corner was in position, but the receiver just high pointed the ball and came down with it. Both could have been broken up. Glad to see some improvement. 

2. Gilmer offense should flow through Bran Webb. He is fun to watch as a running back:. Waits on his blocks, patient, excellent vision, and explodes through the hole. He can also turn a two yard run into a six yard gain. When he's in the game, the play action freezes the linebackers and that opens the passing lanes over the middle. 

3. However, the offense bogs down with Ward. Some will think I'm attacking him. I really am not. I think he could be a beast on defense. He just doesn't have the vision to be a RB. His fumble in the 4th quarter kept Gilmer from salting the game away and let Pitt stay in the game for a little longer. Let him play full time on defense and utilize his bull rush and strength. 

4. Didn't understand Pitt head coach. Jimmerson is clearly hobbled, can barely walk, and they are down three TDs.  But he comes out for a possession in the 4th quarter. Only thing that could happen was an injury that might keep him out of the playoffs. Let him sit out the rest of the game so he's healthy next week. 

5. Easiest district game of the year for Gilmer. Maybe because Gilmer defense played better.  Poppy's first throw was an int, but he played well after that. Still could have used some touch on the deep pass, but ran and threw well. 

Good game for Gilmer before playoffs start. Hopefully, the defense is improving as season progresses.  Or maybe Davis and Stoker were just awesome running backs, and Gilmer defense is okay. 

19 hours ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Okay, some quick observations about the game. 

1. Gilmer defense played better, much better.  In fact, on 2 of the Pitt TDs, Gilmer corner was in position, but the receiver just high pointed the ball and came down with it. Both could have been broken up. Glad to see some improvement. 

2. Gilmer offense should flow through Bran Webb. He is fun to watch as a running back:. Waits on his blocks, patient, excellent vision, and explodes through the hole. He can also turn a two yard run into a six yard gain. When he's in the game, the play action freezes the linebackers and that opens the passing lanes over the middle. 

3. However, the offense bogs down with Ward. Some will think I'm attacking him. I really am not. I think he could be a beast on defense. He just doesn't have the vision to be a RB. His fumble in the 4th quarter kept Gilmer from salting the game away and let Pitt stay in the game for a little longer. Let him play full time on defense and utilize his bull rush and strength. 

4. Didn't understand Pitt head coach. Jimmerson is clearly hobbled, can barely walk, and they are down three TDs.  But he comes out for a possession in the 4th quarter. Only thing that could happen was an injury that might keep him out of the playoffs. Let him sit out the rest of the game so he's healthy next week. 

5. Easiest district game of the year for Gilmer. Maybe because Gilmer defense played better.  Poppy's first throw was an int, but he played well after that. Still could have used some touch on the deep pass, but ran and threw well. 

Good game for Gilmer before playoffs start. Hopefully, the defense is improving as season progresses.  Or maybe Davis and Stoker were just awesome running backs, and Gilmer defense is okay. 

Agree with what you said.

Refs were terrible again. Terrible officiating has been the running theme this entire season. Bad calls against each team. Oh well. We won. On to Diboll. that is going to be a tough game.

My observations (Unbiased)

1. The Buckeyes are good. Receivers ran some good routes, 7 is a player at RB, and the defense looked pretty good to me. 

2. Pitt fired them up. They didn’t like the lights going out. Also heard from a few Gilmer folks there was a video or something going around that upset them. Hence the 22 chants. Mama always told me to not tug Superman’s cape. 

3. Pitt can play too. Their receivers are impressive. I’d throw it 40 times and let the QB make some plays with his feet. 

Good of luck to both teams this week!