Gilmer vs. Pittsburg

PirateStadium

Pittsburg / Gilmer?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Pittsburg or Gilmer?

• Pittsburg
    • Gilmer

The last couple of times that Gilmer has gone into Pittsburg, the games have been barnburners.  Gilmer was undefeated both times.  This time Gilmer has a couple of losses to undefeated teams, has had many barnburners throughout the season.  Gilmer seems to play better on the road this season, but I still think this one will be a barnburner.  I think the Buckeyes will somehow manage to win another one.  It seems to be their MO this season.

It's all about matchups and turnovers in High School football. The Pitt Q B is much more disciplined this year and he has had to be a play maker  because our offensive line hasn't been very good for him.  He does not just throw it up for grabs as you say , the kid has taken more hits than you think. I wasn't putting Atlanta down just making a statement of what I have observed this season. Heck I'm an Atlanta fan since I grew up there but my boys went to school in Pittsburg. I pull for Pitt when playing  Atlanta but for both teams the rest of the time. 

22 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

We just don't show up to play Pitt. Baca has our number. I'm not trying to be jerk, but I wasn't impressed with Pitt. Atlanta had one of the most undisciplined games I've ever seen. They were fighting and getting PFs all night. 

This is the same story as last year, and the year before. Pitt has just beat Atl like a drum since Baca has been there. I don't get it. Look at last year. We beat Tatum pretty handily, beat PG, and both of those teams donkey-stomped Pitt. 2014 - Atlanta gave L-E all the wanted, to the final seconds. L-E shut out Pitt, and Pitt drummed us at home. It makes no sense, but Pitt knows just how to prepare for us. 

Also, Pitt has a very small team, or they did against us. Like a little over 20 kids on varsity. I think I counted 24 or 25. 

Coach Farmer is from Pitt and I think they try and give him fits when we play them. Pitt has had our number for three years straight and I believe he's been DC for that long. I may be wrong but they show up to play when we hit the field no matter who we have in pads.

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

And to add to how good our QB is, just keep in mind, he played both ways the entire game against Gilmer. That kid is a stud, he's just a better position player than QB. We don't have any other options right now however. He's still not a bad QB though.

Our heralded savior QB is still in junior high I believe. Will be interesting between him and Coop.

1 hour ago, bulldog1068 said:

It's all about matchups and turnovers in High School football. The Pitt Q B is much more disciplined this year and he has had to be a play maker  because our offensive line hasn't been very good for him.  He does not just throw it up for grabs as you say , the kid has taken more hits than you think. I wasn't putting Atlanta down just making a statement of what I have observed this season. Heck I'm an Atlanta fan since I grew up there but my boys went to school in Pittsburg. I pull for Pitt when playing  Atlanta but for both teams the rest of the time. 

I understand man. It's all in friendly, argumentative banter haha. 

9 minutes ago, CassCounty903 said:

Coach Farmer is from Pitt and I think they try and give him fits when we play them. Pitt has had our number for three years straight and I believe he's been DC for that long. I may be wrong but they show up to play when we hit the field no matter who we have in pads.

Yea I just don't understand the Pitt games. I leave catching my head and wiping my tears each time. 

8 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

And to add to how good our QB is, just keep in mind, he played both ways the entire game against Gilmer. That kid is a stud, he's just a better position player than QB. We don't have any other options right now however. He's still not a bad QB though.

I️ agree he not a bad Qb, but I️ don’t think he’s as good as what you are coming across to me he is.  I️ would say he is at best Avg at QB. Seemed to be a hard playing guy with no quit in him though 

17 hours ago, Maineman1988 said:

I️ agree he not a bad Qb, but I️ don’t think he’s as good as what you are coming across to me he is.  I️ would say he is at best Avg at QB. Seemed to be a hard playing guy with no quit in him though 

No I'm not saying he has a great arm. QB is not his specialty, per say. I'm saying his ability to make plays and move around is what makes him good, and the fact he has no quit. You can have a great arm and posture, but the attitude not be there. What he lacks in arm, he makes up in mind set and determination. He can't make the great throws, or drop the ball where it needs to be sometimes, but overall he does good and he's a heck of a ball player. And he will hunt you down on the defensive side of the ball to boot. 

What I'm trying to say though is the Pitt QB is not what I'd call an outstanding QB talent. He can move and make plays, but he's not anything head and shoulders above what Gilmer has seen this season. 

We have seen some pretty good dual threat QBs this season.  I don't know how he compares to some of those, but we'll see Friday night.  Our defense just has to try and limit his playmaking ability.  That seems to be a tall task at times, but we seem to be getting better at it.  If there's any time during the season that matters going forward this game would be it.  We have to fix some of the mistakes we are making defensively.  Even though we gave up some big plays at times last week, I still saw some improvement from the weeks prior defensively.  Make no mistake, we will have to score some points, and probably lots of points, but I think we can do just that.  Outscoring our opponents seems to be our best defense.  Getting a few stops defensively while doing that would ensure a victory.  It's definitely TIME to put the BLACK back into our Black Flag Defense.

We have a well planned out defense that scares other teams. First we don't stop the run and our opponent says this is too easy we better start passing they want us to score. something is up. We don't stop the pass then they are really scared they go back to the huddle and talk about it. Finally the coach sends in the next play 1st and ten ya'll punt the ball. we dont know what they are doing but we are not helping them do it . Works every time.

41 minutes ago, oldbuckeye#62 said:

We have a well planned out defense that scares other teams. First we don't stop the run and our opponent says this is too easy we better start passing they want us to score. something is up. We don't stop the pass then they are really scared they go back to the huddle and talk about it. Finally the coach sends in the next play 1st and ten ya'll punt the ball. we dont know what they are doing but we are not helping them do it . Works every time.

Haha what a strategy!

4 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

We have seen some pretty good dual threat QBs this season.  I don't know how he compares to some of those, but we'll see Friday night.  Our defense just has to try and limit his playmaking ability.  That seems to be a tall task at times, but we seem to be getting better at it.  If there's any time during the season that matters going forward this game would be it.  We have to fix some of the mistakes we are making defensively.  Even though we gave up some big plays at times last week, I still saw some improvement from the weeks prior defensively.  Make no mistake, we will have to score some points, and probably lots of points, but I think we can do just that.  Outscoring our opponents seems to be our best defense.  Getting a few stops defensively while doing that would ensure a victory.  It's definitely TIME to put the BLACK back into our Black Flag Defense.

Keep the Pitt QB in the pocket and make him beat you with his arm.

54 minutes ago, Acewell said:

Ouch. Most likely sign of what's to come in a few years.  Only so much developing you can do.

The numbers were low for the Pitt teams.  I think I counted about 17 or 18 players on both teams.  You'd think they would have better numbers coming out for football than that.