• White Oak
    • Commerce
    • Winnsboro
    • Mineola
    • Redwater
    • Pottsboro
    • Pilot Point
    • Jefferson

I think WO, Jefferson and Grandview are the top three.

Hard to pick one out of those three.

Tough to beat a good team twice (WO/Jefferson).

Grandview and Jefferson's SOS is pretty weak. WO's is battle tested..

Flip a three-sided coin.

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

I thought about them. But they have played absolutely nobody..

Curious to see how they react when they face a good team.

Yeah you hit it on the nail. Mt Vernon and Farmersville have a common opponent in Caddo Mills though. Farmersville over Caddo 40-36 and Vernon over Caddo 27-14. Mt Vernon has only faced 2 teams over .500 one being Hooks the other Farmersville. I’m interested in how they play against RW or HS. Then round 2 if they make it against a more formidable opponent. Right now it’s hard to say about district 5 being they may end up with a 3 way tie for first. District 6 has 2 teams that are good, but GV gave up its only loss of the season to 4th seed Maypearl. Basically I think this Reg is up for grabs. One thing for sure though I’d hate to see WO play Jefferson again because Jefferson would be looking for blood and maybe more battle tested the next time around. The WO Jefferson game was a couple catches shy of being a closer game. But in order for another matchup between the two to take place it would be in the fourth round and that’s a long ways away. I’m on the fence with Jefferson right now being how they play the next two weeks. Some teams just don’t recover after a big loss. Some get better though, we’ll have to see.

I agree MT. Vernon has not played anybody and when they get in the playoffs they will meet someone with a defense. I've watched them against Mineola and even with the big score they still didn't convince me they are a deep playoff team. I predict 2nd round is as far as they go. They had a good year and the coach has done a great job. Just play week teams. Makes the record look good but doesn't make you ready for playoffs.

11 hours ago, Racer55 said:

Yeah you hit it on the nail. Mt Vernon and Farmersville have a common opponent in Caddo Mills though. Farmersville over Caddo 40-36 and Vernon over Caddo 27-14. Mt Vernon has only faced 2 teams over .500 one being Hooks the other Farmersville. I’m interested in how they play against RW or HS. Then round 2 if they make it against a more formidable opponent. Right now it’s hard to say about district 5 being they may end up with a 3 way tie for first. District 6 has 2 teams that are good, but GV gave up its only loss of the season to 4th seed Maypearl. Basically I think this Reg is up for grabs. One thing for sure though I’d hate to see WO play Jefferson again because Jefferson would be looking for blood and maybe more battle tested the next time around. The WO Jefferson game was a couple catches shy of being a closer game. But in order for another matchup between the two to take place it would be in the fourth round and that’s a long ways away. I’m on the fence with Jefferson right now being how they play the next two weeks. Some teams just don’t recover after a big loss. Some get better though, we’ll have to see.

Yeah Racer im eager to see how my Dogs rebound, Their body language is different right now got a good piece of humble pie looking like the game face has been put on. Taking this one game at a time If we do meet down the line i think they dogs have made some adjustments for MR.HOOD and stick to whatever is working for us if not its gone be along night.

5 hours ago, THEDAWGPOUND75657 said:

Yeah Racer im eager to see how my Dogs rebound, Their body language is different right now got a good piece of humble pie looking like the game face has been put on. Taking this one game at a time If we do meet down the line i think they dogs have made some adjustments for MR.HOOD and stick to whatever is working for us if not its gone be along night.

Hope both teams make adjustments as needed and meet again. It’d be the 4th round I think.  It’d be an awesome game that could be played close to home too.

1 hour ago, blueflu said:

whitesboro vastly underrated and alway does well in playoffs.

Yeah district 5 always has not only 1 good team but sometimes 2 or 3 good ones. Hard to tell though since Gunter mopped up both Potts and Whitesboro.