Who wins Class 3A Div 2 Region 2

Daingerfield357

26 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Gunter. Only teams I feel like are capable of stopping Gunter are Canadian, Newton, and POSSIBLY Lexington, but I'm leaning more towards Canadian/Newton. 

Don't sleep on Harmony! Nobody has stopped them either. White Oak and Waskom have been there only tough opponents, but the Defense is pitching shutouts and the Offense has been lights out....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eagle34 said:

Don't sleep on Harmony! Nobody has stopped them either. White Oak and Waskom have been there only tough opponents, but the Defense is pitching shutouts and the Offense has been lights out....

Agreed.... They'll see soon enough when that dark horse comes creeping up

8 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

As much as I want to see Harmony be a real threat, it's one of those things where I have to see it to believe it. I was on the Harmony train last year when it crashed and burned so early. Going to take a little more convincing for me this year than what I've seen on their schedule so far. 

• Like 1

Just now, Daingerfield357 said:

Everyone talking about Harmony, from what I've seen ain't nobody put pressure on there qb like Daingerfield gon bring... Tbh, I believe Gunter or Harmony wants to see us

They run the ball 90% of the time so putting pressure on their QB isnt going to help a whole lot. 

• Like 2

Just now, Daingerfield357 said:

1st round we will take care of, and tbh from what a couple of Tiger players they prefer the #1 team Gunter and when we beat them then y'all will believe Daingerfield bout to make another 3yr run at state... 

Good luck to yall! I doubt anyone wants to see Gunter sooner than they have to. Why would they? 

Gotta play Gunter sooner or later, might as well be sooner, so it will be really good experience for the young team that Daingerfield has this year.  They have a group coming up that are Freshman right now that I believe have never lost a game since they could say the word football.  It will be good experience for them also, because we are going to be really salty starting next year and need the experience of playing the best to see where we need to be.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wildtigers said:

Gotta play Gunter sooner or later, might as well be sooner, so it will be really good experience for the young team that Daingerfield has this year.  They have a group coming up that are Freshman right now that I believe have never lost a game since they could say the word football.  It will be good experience for them also, because we are going to be really salty starting next year and need the experience of playing the best to see where we need to be.

Obviously, but i still think most people would rather play them in the 4th Rd than the 2nd. 

9 minutes ago, theprodigy7777 said:

Harmony is good and putting up good numbers but here is Harmony's problem.....speed and it dont grow on trees. They run up against someone like Newton where it might be a track meet it will be very interesting. Sometimes speed out runs the hard hitting smash mouth football. 

They have speed, I witnessed it friday night.... The RB is fast and tough..... QB is big and don't go down easy

3 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

As much as I want to see Harmony be a real threat, it's one of those things where I have to see it to believe it. I was on the Harmony train last year when it crashed and burned so early. Going to take a little more convincing for me this year than what I've seen on their schedule so far. 

Fair enough. This is a Senior laden Harmony team this year. When they switched to the Gunter offense a couple of years ago, they took off. They are now running it to perfection. They are a mirror image of Gunter and I'm hoping they get to square off. If there is a team in Region 2 that can throw the ball well, they may have a chance to beat the Eagles. Looking forward to the Eagles proving they can go on a deep run. Remember 3rd round is as deep as they have ever been.

4 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Fair enough. This is a Senior laden Harmony team this year. When they switched to the Gunter offense a couple of years ago, they took off. They are now running it to perfection. They are a mirror image of Gunter and I'm hoping they get to square off. If there is a team in Region 2 that can throw the ball well, they may have a chance to beat the Eagles. Looking forward to the Eagles proving they can go on a deep run. Remember 3rd round is as deep as they have ever been.

I hope they do too! I haven't gotten to see Harmony this year, so I really don't know how good they are. I watched them last year though, and thought they'd make a good run... till they didn't.