Bi-district: Pleasant Grove @ Tatum

Eagleborn

7 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

I think they got suspended and came back under a different name. I don't trust anyone on a sport's website that says they don't like sports. Something is a little fishy me thinks. 

And my comment wasn't meant to be derogatory by the way.......Just ain't ever heard a man say football was boring......But I've heard plenty women say it lol

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

And my comment wasn't meant to be derogatory by the way.......Just ain't ever heard a man say football was boring......But I've heard plenty women say it lol

I can't say football is boring? It's dangerous and the NFL protest reminded that some players are good. Now I won't tell you what side I am on, but it's for a good cause.

15 minutes ago, ShhsInTheHouse said:

I can't say football is boring? It's dangerous and the NFL protest reminded that some players are good. Now I won't tell you what side I am on, but it's for a good cause.

Well, coming onto a thread about a football game and saying football is boring is like showing up at a fishing tournament and not fishing. Both of which make no sense and quite frankly doesn't add any insight upon the actual subject. So 1, you trolling. Or 2. You need some Desitin cuz ya bo-bo is hurt over something.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2017 at 1:59 PM, DTrump said:

WOW! Lovejoy's front 7 was something else. For some reason they decided to play bump man on the outside and Del Barnes tore them a new one. Something like 300 yards passing in the 1st half.

Lovejoy's best corner was suspended for the post season along with our defensive end.  Two d-lineman were injured in the Celina game.  Lovejoy couldn't get pressure with backups and the sophomore DB they brought up was just out matched.

2 hours ago, Leopard4Life said:

Lovejoy's best corner was suspended for the post season along with our defensive end.  Two d-lineman were injured in the Celina game.  Lovejoy couldn't get pressure with backups and the sophomore DB they brought up was just out matched.

Shouldn't have put the sophmore DB in that kind of position.

The coach admitted after the game LL made a huge mistake in their coverage package. Don't know if it would have mattered the speed difference wasn't even close.

Ok Tatum folks, tonight we get to see if you guys are true football geniuses! I suspect not, but who knows...I have District 7 getting the sweep, so maybe I am crazier than you guys...I got sad to see this thread go cold because of some high schooler talking about the debate club or team, whatever it is... Also, it is game day PGDad, where is your love for them Hawks!? Good luck to the teams tonight!

10 minutes ago, Unbiased1 said:

Ok Tatum folks, tonight we get to see if you guys are true football geniuses! I suspect not, but who knows...I have District 7 getting the sweep, so maybe I am crazier than you guys...I got sad to see this thread go cold because of some high schooler talking about the debate club or team, whatever it is... Also, it is game day PGDad, where is your love for them Hawks!? Good luck to the teams tonight!

This thread has always been cold.

The PG peeps haven't been one for fellowship this week. I suppose they'll come out of the woodworks if they get lucky and slip by tonight.

That's what makes us Tatum posters so awesome. 15-0 we talking. 0-10 we talking. Debate club butthurt we talking, 3-7 we talking...we gone talk.

49 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

This thread has always been cold.

The PG peeps haven't been one for fellowship this week. I suppose they'll come out of the woodworks if they get lucky and slip by tonight.

That's what makes us Tatum posters so awesome. 15-0 we talking. 0-10 we talking. Debate club butthurt we talking, 3-7 we talking...we gone talk.

We gonna talk a bunch more at 4-7.  Just saying!!!!

5 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Haha, y'all have no shame. 

We gonna bleed green til the day we die!  We have plenty of recipes for crow and not afraid to eat it! But might just have to share those recipes with others after tonight!

6 minutes ago, LilEagle said:

We gonna bleed green til the day we die!  We have plenty of recipes for crow and not afraid to eat it! But might just have to share those recipes with others after tonight!

That's the kind of people I like. I got to get me a Bear jersey to be buried in. 

2 hours ago, Unbiased1 said:

I've got all the love in the world for my Hawks...just haven't been interested in entertaining this week :)

I expect both teams to play like warriors tonight. I want to see passion, heart, and pride from both sides of the filed. I believe that both teams will play with honor and respect. I have no doubt my Hawks are ready to take this game and I know we will see another week of improvement and next level football. Good luck to both sides and I can't wait to show up and cheer for the Hawks! We have been "road warriors" and we are lucky to have a crowd that travels well. I'll even say that our travel crowd is louder and more rowdy than our home crowd:)

That being said...

"There should be no doubt who the best team on the field is."

Go Hawks!

2 hours ago, Unbiased1 said:

I like the way you think!

17 minutes ago, PGDad said:

I've got all the love in the world for my Hawks...just haven't been interested in entertaining this week :)

I expect both teams to play like warriors tonight. I want to see passion, heart, and pride from both sides of the filed. I believe that both teams will play with honor and respect. I have no doubt my Hawks are ready to take this game and I know we will see another week of improvement and next level football. Good luck to both sides and I can't wait to show up and cheer for the Hawks! We have been "road warriors" and we are lucky to have a crowd that travels well. I'll even say that our travel crowd is louder and more rowdy than our home crowd:)

That being said...

"There should be no doubt who the best team on the field is."

Go Hawks!

Y'all's crowd will get a kick out of our band being on visitor side.

12 hours ago, DTrump said:

Shouldn't have put the sophmore DB in that kind of position.

The coach admitted after the game LL made a huge mistake in their coverage package. Don't know if it would have mattered the speed difference wasn't even close.

Coach didn't have much of a choice.  To me the mistake was not using the sophomore running back more.  He gained yardage in 3-5 yard chunks and Lovejoy would drive to the goal line only for the HC to bring back in the Senior running back (who's daddy was on the booster club) who got stuffed and ankle tackled.  Both backs went on to play college ball but for that game the sophomore was the solution.  

As far as speed, I think the longest run (yards after catch) came of a screen to a Lovejoy receiver who ran it 80+ yards.  The Lovejoy defense made adjustments at half but the offense didn't stick with what was working.  Two of the suspended players were Lovejoy's fastest offensive and defensive players.  I'd really like to see that game again without the Lovejoy players being suspended for stupidity.  Henderson made a surprise run that year, and the linebackers played really well in the Lovejoy game.