Bi-district: Pleasant Grove @ Tatum

Eagleborn

And don't park on the home side, you'll walk quite a ways..... To the south end of the field, the side with the jumbotron, there is a road that cuts through from the home to the vistors parking....just in case y'all come in the wrong way. If y'all come into Tatum on 43 from the Marshall direction.....take the first right after the railroad over pass and follow it all the way. It'll take you straight to the visitor parking. 

53 minutes ago, Leopard4Life said:

Coach didn't have much of a choice.  To me the mistake was not using the sophomore running back more.  He gained yardage in 3-5 yard chunks and Lovejoy would drive to the goal line only for the HC to bring back in the Senior running back (who's daddy was on the booster club) who got stuffed and ankle tackled.  Both backs went on to play college ball but for that game the sophomore was the solution.  

As far as speed, I think the longest run (yards after catch) came of a screen to a Lovejoy receiver who ran it 80+ yards.  The Lovejoy defense made adjustments at half but the offense didn't stick with what was working.  Two of the suspended players were Lovejoy's fastest offensive and defensive players.  I'd really like to see that game again without the Lovejoy players being suspended for stupidity.  Henderson made a surprise run that year, and the linebackers played really well in the Lovejoy game.

Yea, we had several long touchdown passes the our receivers just outran the DB's and the perfect ball was thrown. Just unreal how good Del threw the ball in the playoffs that year. I call it on the money. 

Back to topic PG wins in 4 ot's.

40 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

PG overrated.  

We played really good defensively but I gotta say.....Jasper was way better. I think Jasper wins the region. They're freakin huge, with very good team speed, and very very physical. Way more physical than PG.

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

We played really good defensively but I gotta say.....Jasper was way better. I think Jasper wins the region. They're freakin huge, with very good team speed, and very very physical. Way more physical than PG.

I was gonna ask you eagles about PG. As if earlier this week wasn't enough with losing our "feature" back to nite #19 Hunt our speedy sophomore  was injured in 1st half and didn't return. Hopefully he is able to return next week against celina. (Cause as we all know of their pedigree). Fortunately here in jasper we are privileged  to have a really deep stable of young men that can/do play rb. Two other sophomore stepped up to the challenge tonight and shined. My eagle friend thank you for the positive comments about the Dawgs. You guys have been  fun to post with the past two seasons. I am sure the uil will continue to treat us as gypsy come realignment but I will be keeping up with y'all as you get back to championship form.

• Like 1