Hughes Springs vs Mineola

HS1988

Hughes Springs vs Mineola  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2017 at 01:00 AM

Can’t believe this troll is still around. Move on PLZ. How can someone attack Daingerfield as a program with their past success? Yeah they’ve had tough times of late, but Jesus every program has its ups and downs. This dude gets off on trolling evidently. First basically attacking HS then all of District 8 no DF. Keep on trolling I need more entertainment to keep this thread going until we start the METROPLEX beatdown this week. 

1 minute ago, 3rdand5 said:

Keep talking like you do every year it makes for good entertainment.  Just like last year you will makes somebody famous.

Ok, we get it, it must be lonely in the basement so your reaching out for us to nominate you for troll of the year so you can be somebody famous. you got .......save the thanks.

4 minutes ago, Crankshaft said:

Ok, we get it, it must be lonely in the basement so your reaching out for us to nominate you for troll of the year so you can be somebody famous. you got .......save the thanks.

Did you come up with that on your own or did you have someone dictate that for you

Soooooooooooooo this Mineola team, (ya know one the teams involved in this matchup). New coach this year, did they stick with the same offense as previous? Run? Pass? Balanced? Players to watch? (I know some how this will get turned into a metoplex or division 2 answer). 

• LOL! 1

12 hours ago, Racer55 said:

WO rarely has move ins but, Hoods brother was a lineman on the argyle state team a few years back I believe. Hoods brothers are bigger than he is more like linemen. WO isn’t really a town that has move ins a lot if eve but we are sure glad to have Hood.

Your sophomore tailback was a move in from Lindale.

41 minutes ago, Horns85 said:

Soooooooooooooo this Mineola team, (ya know one the teams involved in this matchup). New coach this year, did they stick with the same offense as previous? Run? Pass? Balanced? Players to watch? (I know some how this will get turned into a metoplex or division 2 answer). 

New HC/AD was the DC/Asst. HC for the past few years. Great coach and MHS alumni. When Drennon went to Hallsville he took a few coaches with him. There is a new OC that has been putting in a new system that is more balanced than previous years. It has been a big adjustment for all involved from the QB and WR's learning new routes and the linemen learning to pass block more than ever. Defense has had an issue all year with giving up long runs up the middle, but have been getting better at forcing runs to the outside more.  A lot of young players on both sides have been learning on the fly all season. They are getting better. 

Players to watch are JR QB Franklin, I can't say enough about how he has played. It is probably the hardest job to do is to take over as QB after a State Champ team with all of the expectations. He has played extremely well having to learn a complete new system and throwing the ball more than any QB at Mineola in a long time. He has kept his composure all season and when they have a bad play he just looks to the sideline for the next play, never shows any frustration. He has been awesome.

SR RB/CB London has made plays on both sides and can return any INT to the house. He has been a starter for the past 4 years and is a leader on Def. Along with SR FS/WR Sorenson they both control the air space in the secondary. He is one of the toughest players I've seen in a long time. 

FR RB/DE Sneed is going to try and run through/over/around/bulldoze his way to endzone on every play. As a DE I have watched him bull rush a O-lineman that out weighed him by about 60lbs and he flattened him. The young man is scary strong, he just needs some time to grow and get better. It will be fun to see him next year and beyond. There are plenty of others on the team that have made great plays all year also. 

Go look on HUDL or Maxpreps for some videos, It's all out there, so get yer popcorn ready and come watch the Jackets donkey stomp the Nags in Hallsville Friday........ 

2 hours ago, Horns85 said:

They remind me of a cross between PP and Hooks offensively. QB and RB are quick but nothing crazy. Line play is decent. Receivers are decent. Defense is kinda soft. They dont like the run at all. I think HS will win in the trenches on both sides of the ball there. Running backs will have a BIG night for HS. I think the Mustangs will contain the run of the Yellers. HS has to step up in the secondary this week. Only weekness I see. Otherwise, we will just have to outscore them in a high scoring game. Either way.....Mustangs win.

40 minutes ago, HS1988 said:

They remind me of a cross between PP and Hooks offensively. QB and RB are quick but nothing crazy. Line play is decent. Receivers are decent. Defense is kinda soft. They dont like the run at all. I think HS will win in the trenches on both sides of the ball there. Running backs will have a BIG night for HS. I think the Mustangs will contain the runway of the Yellers. HS has to step up in the secondary this week. Only weekness I see. Otherwise, we will just have to outscore them in a high scoring game. Either way.....Mustangs win.

Does HS still run the same offense as when they played Mildred. Haven't seen them play football since then. Watched them in a track meet.