Hughes Springs vs Mineola

HS1988

Hughes Springs vs Mineola  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2017 at 01:00 AM

2 hours ago, 3rdand5 said:

Ok since all the bs has calm down. I will answer your question. Yes I'm backing three teams this week. Mineola who I have followed this year. I agree with another post the state championship was last year and they are not the same team. I called this a toss up game in my first post. Still think it is. Looked at both teams schedule. If HS would have the four 4A teams in preseason they records would be close to the same. Of the 4A games 2 are district champs and one runner up (in the same district) Not sure about the fourth. They lost to Commerce that they should have won. Just one of those nights no excuses. Mineola would have loved to play yalls preseason schedule. But saying that I still call it a toss up game because they have given up to many big plays on defense. Your running game keeps this game a toss up. MT. Vernon hurt them and that's what concerns me. No smack talk just looking at schedules and this is just my opinion. Good Luck looking forward to the game.

Wills point Being district champs is about like Jeffy winning the Special Olympics. 

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, 3rdand5 said:

Ok since all the bs has calm down. I will answer your question. Yes I'm backing three teams this week. Mineola who I have followed this year. I agree with another post the state championship was last year and they are not the same team. I called this a toss up game in my first post. Still think it is. Looked at both teams schedule. If HS would have the four 4A teams in preseason they records would be close to the same. Of the 4A games 2 are district champs and one runner up (in the same district) Not sure about the fourth. They lost to Commerce that they should have won. Just one of those nights no excuses. Mineola would have loved to play yalls preseason schedule. But saying that I still call it a toss up game because they have given up to many big plays on defense. Your running game keeps this game a toss up. MT. Vernon hurt them and that's what concerns me. No smack talk just looking at schedules and this is just my opinion. Good Luck looking forward to the game.

All the bs aint over. We just decided to take it easy on you. You seem a little chippy. Maybe if you come to the game friday, we can buy you a frito pie and maybe present you with a safety pin and some tissue for after the game.

1 hour ago, HS1988 said:

All the bs aint over. We just decided to take it easy on you. You seem a little chippy. Maybe if you come to the game friday, we can buy you a frito pie and maybe present you with a safety pin and some tissue for after the game.

Thanks I like to meet you.

3 minutes ago, Mustang4life said:

Watching some Mineola ball on Hudl this week, I am seeing a high scoring game.

Those bubble screens from Mineola have the potential to be troublesome!!! 

But ya;ll ain't stopping the running game for the Mustangs, just saying...

That's what I said earlier in the post. I said your running game is what Mineola will have trouble with. They have had problems all year long. They did change up the last game. Have to see if it works. But if you are watching check 23 the freshman. Could be something special with three years left to play.

2 minutes ago, FlowJack said:

Hughes Springs...

Good luck. We can all talk and predict but we are not playing. Well they may be some that post that are. Who knows. We will all go cheer the team they are associated with. Some may live there others might just go watch a teams game. Either way High school football is great.

1 hour ago, 3rdand5 said:

Good luck. We can all talk and predict but we are not playing. Well they may be some that post that are. Who knows. We will all go cheer the team they are associated with. Some may live there others might just go watch a teams game. Either way High school football is great.

Hard to predict what 16 and 17 year old kids will do, 3rd.  LOL  Usually they go as assumed but sometimes...

2 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

I can understand if Mineola made adjustments in the last game. Wo made some adjustments in district and theyve turned into a balanced team because of it. Tatum beat wills point 30-24

I thought it was close. I'm sure everyone has made adjustment and will try to in this game. Good luck to WO and coach Iske great guy. Meet him when he coached with Chad Morris at EF.

Just now, Horns85 said:

3rd to just be 'following' a team you sure do get defensive 

Sorry if it came across that way. Not defensive just stated that Mineola played some stuff preseason games. Probably to tuff for them this year. Will see if the new coach changes next year. Van and Kaufman are strong teams.

7 minutes ago, Horns85 said:

Racer WO made adjustments and I give them props for not showing there hand early 

Yeah it turned out to be a genius move. Kinda sandbagging perhaps. 

6 minutes ago, 3rdand5 said:

I thought it was close. I'm sure everyone has made adjustment and will try to in this game. Good luck to WO and coach Iske great guy. Meet him when he coached with Chad Morris at EF.

Dang I think that was back in the 90’s.