Arp vs Newton

Tiger1995

On 11/15/2017 at 9:19 AM, Tiger1995 said:

Arp's gonna beat them 26-14!! All 4 teams in D9 are better than Newton....West Rusk would beat newton by 30+...Waskom and Arp about the same and EF by 21...But you'll see....Yall will struggle moving the ball and might make a couple TD's late in the game against Arp.

LOL  

JM takes the "you can't make a shot if you don't shoot" approach. Dude literally makes so many predictions that never come true. Like ever. Maybe 1 out of 10.

"Arp is dropping to 2A."

"Arp will beat Newton 26-14"

"WR 30+ over Newton" .

"Yall will struggle moving the ball and might make a couple TD's late in the game against Arp."

"Arp basketbal will make a run at State"

Just because EF throttled Arp doesn't mean they are capable of beating Newton. The only team in the district that beat them is WR. Period. The End.

4 minutes ago, HSFball07 said:

LOL  

JM takes the "you can't make a shot if you don't shoot" approach. Dude literally makes so many predictions that never come true. Like ever. Maybe 1 out of 10.

"Arp is dropping to 2A."

"Arp will beat Newton 26-14"

"WR 30+ over Newton" .

"Yall will struggle moving the ball and might make a couple TD's late in the game against Arp."

"Arp basketbal will make a run at State"

Just because EF throttled Arp doesn't mean they are capable of beating Newton. The only team in the district that beat them is WR. Period. The End.

Damn sure was entertaining though!!!! see your still talking about it bahahahahaha On a real note Arp should be pretty dang good in Roundball this year. How good remains to be seen but they have a ton coming back from last year.

I honestly don't think that Newton will have a close game in the playoffs. Teams at this level are just outmatched athlete wise. Finally, with a new offensive coordinator that will share the ball with six guys on offense rather than just the best two, i don't see anyone really competing. Newton has a well balanced offense for the first time ever it seams like and are searching for their 6th shutout in a row. Arp honestly looked like a JV team out there to tell the truth. No one on team wanted the ball. 

1 minute ago, BiggieSmalls said:

I honestly don't think that Newton will have a close game in the playoffs. Teams at this level are just outmatched athlete wise. Finally, with a new offensive coordinator that will share the ball with six guys on offense rather than just the best two, i don't see anyone really competing. Newton has a well balanced offense for the first time ever it seams like and are searching for their 6th shutout in a row. Arp honestly looked like a JV team out there to tell the truth. No one on team wanted the ball. 

West Rusk and EF will play them close with probably the best chances to win of anyone....outside of that it's gonna take Gunter! Newton has a damn good team and coaching staff. As far as saying Arp looked like a jv if you looked at the roster well.....it pretty much was a jv

I just don't think those two teams you mentioned has a shot to be honest. No, it won't be a blowout, but Newton will still beat those teams by 3 or 4 touchdowns. Man for man, they're just way out matched. I respect their programs, but the district is weaker than you all think. Better than Newton's district, definitely! A lot of the teams are close in comparison and there were good games in district 9, but rather than thinking everyone is just so good and that's why all the games are somewhat close, maybe we should sit back and say that the teams are just all mediocre. 

32 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

As far as saying Arp looked like a jv if you looked at the roster well.....it pretty much was a jv

??????

Arp had  15 Seniors, 13 Juniors, 6 Soph.

EF ----      15 sr - 10 Jr. - 5 Soph

Troup --  11 Sr  - 15  Jr. - 3 Soph

West Rusk  -  9 Sr - 16 Jr. - 3 Soph - 2 Frosh

Waskom -   11 Sr  -  19 Jr  - 1 Soph

From watching Arp on film.....

Offensive Starters---  6 Seniors, 4 Juniors, 1 sophomore.   With other 2 soph. getting time

Defensive Starters--- 4 Seniors, 3 Juniors, 4 Soph.

So  because 4 sophomores played a lot that means they are a JV??

IN reality and not "JM delusion world", Arp was a normal Varsity team that was a down for Arp standards. Especially for a team on the "verge" of 2A. But at least all the juniors and sophomores are D1 recruits.

I really think WR is the only team out of that district that might not be totally blown out.  They could hang for a while, maybe, assuming they meet down the road, but Newton is probably 3 to 4 TDs better than the best team in district 9.  Newton could have easily put up 70 - 80 points last night if they hadn't called the dogs off in the 3rd quarter.  I would think Newton is a prohibitive favorite to win our region if not the state championship ....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I really think WR is the only team out of that district that might not be totally blown out.  They could hang for a while, maybe, assuming they meet down the road, but Newton is probably 3 to 4 TDs better than the best team in district 9.  Newton could have easily put up 70 - 80 points last night if they hadn't called the dogs off in the 3rd quarter.  I would think Newton is a prohibitive favorite to win our region if not the state championship ....

I will support any D9 team that faces Newton but all these statements are on point. West Rusk will put some points on the board but it wont be near enough to make it close. Newton could have put 80 on us easy last night and I was really afraid that was going to happen when the starters were still playing deep in the 3rd quarter. after seeing Newton last night in person I truly feel there is not a 3a team that can go toe to toe with them for 4 quarters. 

• Like 5

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:08 PM, silsbee92 said:

We played them early in season and they dismantled us in the second half.

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/football-fall-17/newton-vs-silsbee/9-8-2017-MVhAbDYaaU23hywsSxzJCg.htm#tab=recap&schoolid=

Link to a hudl recap.  Has stats for them as well.  

Their defense piled up 7 Sacks, 2 Ints (1 for a TD)

Best Players:

Brown & Barlow  (Both can just flat out ball)

Power running team with solid passing game.  Defense is big and fast, and they punish receivers who catch the ball.

Newton is on another level for most teams this year and it will take a special team to stop them.

Nothing til Quarterfinal game against West Rusk and that isnt enough.

Newton rolls into Semi-Finals and blows the doors open against rest of the state teams that thought they could play.

jmo

Like I was saying.... speaking from first hand knowledge and four quarters of smash mouth football.  We were in it till halftime and that was with

Special Teams plays.  Second half was just a slow. methodical, surgical and calculated attack on our defense. 

They were playoff ready Game One and they will tell you they had an off night.