3a division 1 district 7 & 8 games. Who wins? Pick 2 each total 4 votes

Racer55

Who wins? Pick 2 on each question. Total of four votes   

30 members have voted

1. 1. White Oak vs Commerce & Hughes Springs vs Mineola

2. 2. Mt Vernon vs Redwater & Jefferson vs Farmersville

Minus the turnovers......which I know are part of the game.....Redwater is 9-1 this year IMO.  Laugh all you want but I really think that.  They lost to Elysian Fields, Hooks, Hughes Springs, Jefferson, White Oak.

White Oak honestly was the truly superior team.  RW fumbled 4 times in that game and still managed to put up 42 points.

Elysian Fields - RW fumbled 9 times and lost 8 of them.  The score was still something like 32-20.  EF was not dominate....RW just never held on to the ball.

Hooks - RW up 19-0 at half....dominated the first half.  Second half...RW drives for another TD and fumbles. Never scored again.  To Hooks Credit...that gave a spark of life. RW still has a chance to win with a 30 yard field goal at the end.  Snap is bobbled and the kick was never taken...game 20-19.

White Oak - IMO WO just took it to RW and truly was better...almost machine like.  RW scored first to go 6-0 and then WO rattled off 28 straight points in the first qtr.  Everytime RW would get a little drive/momentum going....fumble.  I never felt as a RW fan, RW was going to pull this one out.  

Hughes Springs - to me...the most disappointing. Neither team could stop the other.  RW is on the 9 yard line about to score with two minutes left in the game to go up.  Un forced fumble between QB and FB, HS jumps on it...runs out the clock for the win.

Jefferson - I truly thought Jefferson was going to run away with this game but RW played TOUGH.  4th QTR RW goes up 34-30 with 3 minutes left.  RW kicks off, 1 play and 75 yards later and Jefferson scores. Then the fumble bug hits RW. Jeff kicks off, RW muffs the kick and fumbles it away on the 1 yard line.  Jefferson scores.  Jefferson kicks off again...RW fumbles the ball again and Jefferson scores with another very short field.  3 TD's in like 1:30.  RW still fights back to score again to pull it to a closer game.

Saying all that, to say that RW is a fourth seed, but they are worthy of being the 2nd or 3rd seed....and I'm not taking away anything from Jefferson or HS.  To think that RW isn't as good as a team as Jefferson or HS is kind of a mistake.  MV has never beaten RW.  If they look past RW and think they can't play ball...

At 10-0 record is intimidating and demands respect...no question.  If I was a betting man, I'd probably put money on MV. Cheering for RW all the way, and the district now. I feel like RW's district if they all played again....WO still goes 5-0 RW,Jefferson,HS are all a toss up who wins the second time.  

Good luck to the young men who play on the field Friday nights and entertain us old guys that can only dream of playing again...:)

16 minutes ago, HogHater said:

At 10-0 record is intimidating and demands respect...no question.  If I was a betting man, I'd probably put money on MV. Cheering for RW all the way, and the district now. I feel like RW's district if they all played again....WO still goes 5-0 RW,Jefferson,HS are all a toss up who wins the second time.  

Good luck to the young men who play on the field Friday nights and entertain us old guys that can only dream of playing again...:)

RW has fumbled more times this year than I think any team ever has. I don’t understand it as I figure the coaches would have shored that up by now. If somehow a miracle happens in practice and they quit it I think they could give MV a game. My gut tells me though that even if they do square away bad penalties and fumbles they’ll still fumble at least once maybe and in the playoffs any turnovers are costly especially more than 1. MV on the other hand hasn’t played anyone with a winning record besides district opponent Farmersville. Both teams only opponents with winning records are against each other. They’ve played the same 7 teams with one team (Caddo Mills) that’s outside of their district. I don’t think either team is battle tested.